Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,474 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African (24709 Views)

Edouard Mendy Angry At Media For Using His Picture In Benjamin Mendy's Rape News / Edouard Mendy Welcomed Home By Fans In Senegal After Champions League Win(Photos / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by 1copet0: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
HEY NAIRALANDER'S

Free Football ODD; By france Based source.
Single Two ODD ✅

Whats-app me And enjoy

0 8 1 7 9 1 4 6 0 3 4
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by 9jaBloke: 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
As much as I think Lewan deserves it more, the Balon D'Or award is determined by votes from Coaches and captains of National teams and Sport journalists. The organizers compile the final shortlist and then the voters choose the winner. I'm sure Evra knows this so......
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Sholaco: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
All the black should return to Africa and develop their land

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by isaaclech: 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
Seriously... I be man u fan o...but mendy deserve that award.. Cos i no know weyfin dat one do to get d award

3 Likes

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by specialmati(m): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by muykem: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
Everything they did in this year award is a scam and ridiculous. It's not limited to Messi balloon do'r.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by gurunlocker: 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Why will they even allow Journalists wey never enter pitch before to decide who's the best?

With this Mendy stats, on what ground was Donnarumma picked ahead of Mendy?

Hope those journalist didn't vote when Pendu won? Or when they shifted the deadline for the first and only time back then? Or they were on the pitch then?

The problem of you people is not the award, but Messi winning it. Let say they gave it to Pendu over Lewa, are you sure you will still be wailing like this?

Mendy performed well in the UCL and he already won the goalkeeper of the year there, that's UEFA award. You can complain if they gave it to someone else, not in this situation..... Same way Jorginho won player of the year.

You guys know all these, but intentionally wailing cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by temmypotter(m): 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
See ehn, the euro was the decider here, it has more impact on the folks who voted than the champions league, add that to the fact that a keeper - Donarruma was named player of the tournament in a tournament like the euros after singlehandedly winning it for italy with some mad saves , omor that's a huge feat, forget! Mendy may clinch next year's if he keeps up his form but this year's was deservedly Donna, the euro swung things in his favor

5 Likes

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by tuzle(m): 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
I support him. Barella was in the top 30 best players in the world. He scored only 3 goal in Italian league last season and has scored only 2 dis season even Pedri that only shined in confederation cup entered. But mane didn't enter that same list. Sterling that is alway on the bench made the list. But surprisingly the number 2 keeper in the world couldn't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by lexy2014: 1:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Mendy remains the best goal keeper .

The French journalists were biased.

That's d corruption in d whole thing. It's becoming a farce especially last year with d littany of laughable excuses they for cancelling d award when it was obvious lewandoski was going to get it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by TUTU147: 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
We all know that the white played a big ojoro for that award, Africans should start thinking of doing our own world best.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Carlyboi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
So UCL is bigger than the European Championship now huh?Evra should give his head a wobble and what grounds should lewandowski win the awards this year I’m not even a Messi Stan,tho I prefer him to Cristiano Ronaldo but last year was when lewandowski would have runaway with the award and French football magazine and the organizers of Ballon D’or for reasons best known to them didn’t stage it which to me makes no sense anyways especially the COVID excuse....for this year Messi has a huge claim to the award and winning isn’t necessarily robbery!QED!how can you say someone who won Copa America and Copa del Rey and was instrumental to both wins is less deserving to someone who won the bundesliga and DFB pokal?

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by lexy2014: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
temmypotter:
See ehn, the euro was the decider here, it has more impact on the folks who voted than the champions league, add that to the fact that a keeper - Donarruma was named player of the tournament in a tournament like the euros after singlehandedly winning it for italy with some mad saves , omor that's a huge feat, forget! Mendy may clinch next year's if he keeps up his form but this year's was deservedly Donna, the euro swung things in his favor

If the tables were turned and Mendy helped his country win nations cup, would he have won donarruma?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Bamzyriches451: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
Well said
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by naija1stnigar(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Why will they even allow Journalists wey never enter pitch before to decide who's the best?

the thing weak me, I think that as a black athlete your happiness shouldn't be extracted from recognition by organizations administered by white men, you should just play the game because of your love for it, as long as football is concerned nothing can make whites prefer blacks to white players in terms of award.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by nairaman66(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
We4all:
Africans always playing the victim and screaming racism. We don’t regard ourselves but expect whites to adore us. The problem isn’t about race but a matter of mentality.

How many white men hold important positions in Nigeria or Africa at large? But go to the UK, US and the likes and see how black people occupy honorary positions.

Even if a white man takes up the citizenship of Nigeria, he can never become the president cos we won’t allow it. But if the same rule is played out in the US or UK, we scream racism.

How does this relate to the topic? Did you read the stats between both keepers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Elock1: 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
paulolee:
lolz...this is the 6th anti messi thread hitting f.p in less than 3 days n am get to see any congratulatory message from footballers on f.p, u guys are trying too hard to undermine messi win bt GOD pass una..
about the topic, their reason was simple, dona won it because it was an euros year bt it makes no sense to me bcox mendy isnt playing in euros n he won the biggest club cup which was dt ucl n mendy deserve dt award d more..
pls evra should place racism away from wat d organizers tink bcox m tired of using skin colour to play victim cards even if we all know dt mendy deserves d award..
as for his opinion about lewa, he is trying too hard to act asif he do pity lewa when we already kno dt he is cr7 best pal n a chronic messi hater..
its funny seeing evra dt was silent wen a trophiless cr7 robbed " his own country man Ribery" n won dt 2013 award ahead of ribery n now acting as an activist for a lewa dt he hardly know personally.
evra Is simply a hater and a stinking hypocrite....yes I said it
yes, I agree
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by whippersnapper(m): 1:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

I don't understand why Evra is running his mouth like a public tap these days... Man didn't achieve any huge feat during his football days.. After football na running of mouth remain for am... Shior!
he won the ucl ,the premier league and team of the year 5 times.unlike you who doesn't know how to pass ball sef so he knows football more than you do
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by muykem: 1:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
paulolee:
lolz...this is the 6th anti messi thread about to hit f.p in less than 3 days but no wahala..
about the topic, their reason was simple, dona won it because it was an euros year bt it makes no sense to me bcox mendy isnt playing in euros n he won the biggest club cup which was dt ucl n mendy deserve dt award d more..
pls evra should place racism away from wat d organizers tink bcox m tired of using skin colour to play victim cards even if we all know dt mendy deserves d award..
as for his opinion about lewa, he is trying too hard to act asif he do pity lewa when we already kno dt he is cr7 best pal n a chronic messi hater..
its funny seeing evra dt was silent wen a trophiless cr7 robbed " his own country man Ribery" n won dt 2013 award ahead of ribery n now acting as an activist for a lewa dt he hardly know personally.
evra Is simply a hater and a stinking hypocrite....yes I said it
Your level of reasoning is faulty. You and some fans here have turned football awards to PDP and APC politics. Have you ever seen football awards being criticise by football stakeholders like this one before.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Ernchibyke(m): 1:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:

My brother!! The matter tire me o
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by muykem: 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
9jaBloke:
As much as I think Lewan deserves it more, the Balon D'Or award is determined by votes from Coaches and captains of National teams and Sport journalists. The organizers compile the final shortlist and then the voters choose the winner. I'm sure Evra knows this so......
You can be easily deceived. Who choose those voters and what's criteria to evaluate on players. Results is always predetermined by organisers and sorry to disappoint you, corruption in football is at its peak in Europe presently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Hermes119: 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
I don't know why we have chosen to continue with this victim mentality
Whenever a black looses to a white it becomes racism
Mendy was fantastic for Chelsea and won the champions league,I admit that last season based on individual performance he was the best goalkeeper
Donnaruma was also fantastic and even more in the Euro he won two penalty shoot outs for Italy and was crowned the best player of the tournament
For me it was a close call if I was asked to vote I would give it to Mendy but that doesn't mean he was cheated,majority of the voters choose Dona and that's it
In 1995 when George Weah won the balon d'or he didn't win the champions league but yet he won it
Everything is not racism

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by dodoatirice: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
yudo:
9 years facebook account for sale
DM whatsapp 09060775531

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by 9jaBloke: 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
muykem:
You can be easily deceived. Who choose those voters and what's criteria to evaluate on players.

Non'ya biz
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by anonymous1759(m): 1:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
lexy2014:

That's d corruption in d whole thing. It's becoming a farce especially last year with d littany of laughable excuses they for cancelling d award when it was obvious lewandoski was going to get it

Why are you guys so biased wtf I’m ashamed of you guys.
as big as ligue 1 they ended their League half way and cancelled ballon d’or because of Lewandowski?
You guys are jokers. How much is ballon d’or award? It’s not up to a 1 million pounds Ligue 1 lost 175 million pounds for ending their ligue.
French government placed more priority to life of their citizens to football which Is justified.

None of you criticize the French ligue for ending their league and cancelling the ballon d’or last year due to COVID -19 but are Angry now because Messi won it. Messi should hire more security humans don’t like success.

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by We4all: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
nairaman66:

How does this relate to the topic? Did you read the stats between both keepers?

Read it again, and again, then you will know what I’m talking about.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by abdullahi45: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
We4all:
Africans always playing the victim and screaming racism. We don’t regard ourselves but expect whites to adore us. The problem isn’t about race but a matter of mentality.

How many white men hold important positions in Nigeria or Africa at large? But go to the UK, US and the likes and see how black people occupy honorary positions.

Even if a white man takes up the citizenship of Nigeria, he can never become the president cos we won’t allow it. But if the same rule is played out in the US or UK, we scream racism.

This doesn't add up, these aren't political awards, the awards are meant to celebrate brilliance and exceptionalism in football. So, no one should be denied an opportunity to win them, if they deserve it, regardless of their race and/or political affiliations.

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by TemmyT002(m): 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
Obviously
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by richmanrichard: 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
temmypotter:
if we go by ur analysis jorginho shud easily win balon dor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VN88 Rezence, Beware: Karim Benzema's Ballon D'or-winning Form Has Returned! / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Mother's Birthday, Shares Adorable Photo With Her / Everton Set To Buy Alex Iwobi For £30m After Failing To Buy Zaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.