Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African (24693 Views)

Edouard Mendy Angry At Media For Using His Picture In Benjamin Mendy's Rape News / Edouard Mendy Welcomed Home By Fans In Senegal After Champions League Win(Photos / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by abdullahi45: 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
We4all:

And Africans haven’t been earning awards in a white man’s land? Must everything be attributed to racism if it doesn’t suit them?

No, nothing should be attributed to racism. So, you believe Mendy doesn't the best goalkeeper even after seeing his outstanding profile compared to the awardee?
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Hkff: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
Oh
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
lexy2014:

If the tables were turned and Mendy helped his country win nations cup, would he have won donarruma?

no because Ballon d'Or don't consider the AFCON in the same breathe as EUROS and COPA AMERICA, but before you scream racism, do they also consider ASIAN CUP and CONCACAF??
Yes there's a big racism in the world but being quick to use that an excuse isn't always the right path.

All the blacks that represented France and other European countries, imagine if they had ignored that and choose Africa.
The Ballon d'Or was initially for Europeans, when they blew it open, the only other Continent with mad reps in World Cup was South American hence why it's equated to Euros.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
temmypotter:

Stop being sentimental dude, there will always be something or someone below on the pecking order. nations cup is below and Africa is. And is no one’s fault but ours.

Considering everything, Euro and Nations cup are so far apart, the quality of the game, the best players in the world, the coverage, budget etc. I mean even you would rather watch Portugal vs Italy as opposed to Senegal Vs Algeria or something

That said, while winning the nations cup might not have the same effect as winning the Euros. I do think if mendy does win nations cup next year and puts up some spectacular performances at the World Cup, he’d clinch it

Let’s some playing victim and be honest. Being named the best player at a tournament like the Euros where people like Ronaldo, Benzema, lewandowski, Kanye, Jorginho played and coming 10th on the Ballon D’or?? Come on! Be objective. It was a tight race but Donna had the edge any time any day.

racism has been sung. every other criteria is thrown out of the window now.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
Klchnjoku:

Same way Europeans listen to Nigerian music

and they kept Essence on the Billboard for how many weeks. Breaking and setting records.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
oakinshield:
first of all lewandowski out scored Messi last season and is doing the same this season also. He also won the bundesliga and dfb pokal, this two trophies are more impressive than what Messi won, cus the said Copa America is one of the easiest to win. Also if it's by winning Copa America that makes messi win the ballon D' or then Ronaldo was rubbed cus he won the euros and nations league but didn't win the ballon D'or. The truth is that Lewandowski deserves it more even jorginho deserves it more given that it's not only strikers that play football or should win all the glamorous awards in football. Personally I think that award should be cancelled cus it promotes bias and racism.

please who won the Ballon d'Or in 2016. The same year Portugal won the Euros??
Simple facts una no sabi but will public write ignorance.
FYI Dortmund won the DFB Pokal not Bayern.
You're quick to downplay the Copa America as not that important but the Bundesliga that Bayern has the best team and snaps up their rival players each season is not played down by you.
that you can't even smell your Hypocrisy is alarming
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by We4all: 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
abdullahi45:

No, nothing should be attributed to racism. So, you believe Mendy doesn't the best goalkeeper even after seeing his outstanding profile compared to the awardee?

Same way people felt that Nicki deserved to win a Grammy but she didn’t. I can bet that if Cardi B were a white chic, people would have attributed Nicki’s loss to racism.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by lexy2014: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
emae009:

no because Ballon d'Or don't consider the AFCON in the same breathe as EUROS and COPA AMERICA, but before you scream racism, do they also consider ASIAN CUP and CONCACAF??
Yes there's a big racism in the world but being quick to use that an excuse isn't always the right path.

All the blacks that represented France and other European countries, imagine if they had ignored that and choose Africa.
The Ballon d'Or was initially for Europeans, when they blew it open, the only other Continent with mad reps in World Cup was South American hence why it's equated to Euros.

from your response, u are struggling hard to defend ballon d'or. your first sentence gave me the answer to my question. the question now is why does ballon d'or not rate afcon in the same breath as euros and copa america? i dont no how the ballon d'or considers ASIAN CUP and CONCACAF. maybe u can help out with that one.

u say its not racism but u say "there's a big racism in the world". is ballon d'or exempt from this "big racism"?
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by We4all: 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Soleye24:

How many whites are in Nigeria? How many of them are interested in Nigeria politics? Lemme give you homework, go and check south Africa Senate and tell me what you see

And let me refresh your memory, Senators don’t self appoint themselves. They are there because they earned it.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
lexy2014:

from your response, u are struggling hard to defend ballon d'or. your first sentence gave me the answer to my question. the question now is why does ballon d'or not rate afcon in the same breath as euros and copa america? i dont no how the ballon d'or considers ASIAN CUP and CONCACAF. maybe u can help out with that one.

u say its not racism but u say "there's a big racism in the world". is ballon d'or exempt from this "big racism"?

and you're response is the why I structured mine that way. They only other international competition they rate are World Cup and CONNEBOL.
All others aren't in the same light.
so is that racism for you?

why didn't Zidane play for Africa or Henry or Evra and their likes. Those talents choosing AFCON over EUROS could have gone a long way in putting us in the spotlight.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
emae009:

and you're response is the why I structured mine that way. They only other international competition they rate are World Cup and CONNEBOL.
All others aren't in the same light.
so is that racism for you?

why didn't Zidane play for Africa or Henry or Evra and their likes. Those talents choosing AFCON over EUROS could have gone a long way in putting us in the spotlight.

you havent answered my questions:

the question now is why does ballon d'or not rate afcon in the same breath as euros and copa america? i dont no how the ballon d'or considers ASIAN CUP and CONCACAF. maybe u can help out with that one.

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 10:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
lexy2014:

you havent answered my questions:

the question now is why does ballon d'or not rate afcon in the same breath as euros and copa america? i dont no how the ballon d'or considers ASIAN CUP and CONCACAF. maybe u can help out with that one.

you can ask silly questions ehn!
They don't rate it as high and it's not the only one, Asia and America too. QED.
Why aren't all the Leagues rated the same even though they are in Europe.
Why be say if a player goes to play in China, we consider him finished. Or if a player goes to MLS, we consider it retirement. Are we fans racists??
Abi you want lie say you don't also fall into the category of fans?

I gave you the answer already you still dey ask me the same question.
you want to believe it's racism you can go ahead.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by THEGALADIMA(m): 11:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
The guy has no right to even scream racism and show Fake support for African football, after all he played for France and snubbed Senegal the country of his birth.

Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

I don't understand why Evra is running his mouth like a public tap these days... Man didn't achieve any huge feat during his football days.. After football na running of mouth remain for am... Shior!
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by lexy2014: 6:11am On Dec 02, 2021
emae009:

you can ask silly questions ehn!
They don't rate it as high and it's not the only one, Asia and America too. QED.
Why aren't all the Leagues rated the same even though they are in Europe.
Why be say if a player goes to play in China, we consider him finished. Or if a player goes to MLS, we consider it retirement. Are we fans racists??
Abi you want lie say you don't also fall into the category of fans?

I gave you the answer already you still dey ask me the same question.
you want to believe it's racism you can go ahead.

Your vexation didn't answer d questions:

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by emae009(m): 10:05am On Dec 02, 2021
lexy2014:

Your vexation didn't answer d questions:

if you can't comprehend the answer I've given you twice and you're still copying and pasting the same shit. Then abeg leave me out of it.
no be me say make you dey dull.
thank you as you don't quote me again
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by lexy2014: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2021
emae009:

if you can't comprehend the answer I've given you twice and you're still copying and pasting the same shit. Then abeg leave me out of it.
no be me say make you dey dull.
thank you as you don't quote me again

If I quote u again, what are u going to do about it? Despite all your intelligence, am surprised that u are struggling answering d simple questions:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ronaldo Close To Returning To Man United: Alexis Sanchez Reportedly Not Happy / Messi & Ronaldo Lead FIFA 20 TOTY Nominations / Italy Vs Japan - Confederations Cup (4 - 3) On 19th June 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.