Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,571 members, 7,816,403 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African (24708 Views)

Edouard Mendy Angry At Media For Using His Picture In Benjamin Mendy's Rape News / Edouard Mendy Welcomed Home By Fans In Senegal After Champions League Win(Photos / Patrice Evra: "Why Nobody Should Go To Cristiano Ronaldo’s House To Eat" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by We4all: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
abdullahi45:

This doesn't add up, these aren't political awards, the awards are meant to celebrate brilliance and exceptionalism in football. So, no one should be denied an opportunity to win them, if they deserve it, regardless of their race and/or political affiliations.

And Africans haven’t been earning awards in a white man’s land? Must everything be attributed to racism if it doesn’t suit them?

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Barristter07: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
BigDawsNet:
In my own Opinion years back you only need to win Championship League thropy to get ballon'Dor

But right now... You have more chances when you win a Major International competition game...

Worldcup
Euro
Copa America
African cup of nation + Champions league+ extra cup will get you close vote

Point
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by paulolee(m): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
muykem:
Your level of reasoning is faulty. You and some fans here have turned football awards to PDP and APC politics. Have you ever seen football awards being criticise by football stakeholders like this one before.
yes...its cr7 winning Dubai d or consecutively..
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by obembet(f): 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
Carlyboi:
So UCL is bigger than the European Championship
YES

Hope u Learn new thing today

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by richmanrichard: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
Carlyboi:
So UCL is bigger than the European Championship now huh?Evra should give his head a wobble and what grounds should lewandowski win the awards this year I’m not even a Messi Stan,tho I prefer him to Cristiano Ronaldo but last year was when lewandowski would have runaway with the award and French football magazine and the organizers of Ballon D’or for reasons best known to them didn’t stage it which to me makes no sense anyways especially the COVID excuse....for this year Messi has a huge claim to the award and winning isn’t necessarily robbery!QED!how can you say someone who won Copa America and Copa del Rey and was instrumental to both wins is less deserving to someone who won the bundesliga and DFB pokal?
going by ur analysis jorginho shud ve won it because he won d both plus super cup.it was purely on individual performance n lewa has it.messi nor ronaldo shud not even be in d last 5

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by OJEEMAH(m): 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
fergie001:
Where is Ojeemah?

I hope if Egypt wins the "little tournament"....we will be looking in Salah's way?
Is afcon in the same class with Copa America & Euro??

How many world cup has africa won as a continent to give them such privilege??

How about the quality of players??
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by VEHINTOLAR: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2021
That of Mendy is particularly painful ! Can you imagine FIFA that always claim to fight against racism can't organise an award ceremony that is devoid of racial discrimination.

Only God is just !
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Carlyboi(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
obembet:
YES

Hope u Learn new thing today

Nope!it’s not!you think I need to learn anything about football from you?haha!Must be a joke!don’t even go there...just stop!You can’t tell me nothing bout football be international or cup competition or football history!I didn’t start watching euros in 2004 World Cup in 2006,Premier league in 2004 or UCL in 2004 that’s just a lil context for you!You’re not that guy!
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Peace1993: 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Cutezt:
Where is the lie?

This year's balon d'or is probably the most controversial ever

I guess it is the Second most considering that of 2010
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by fergie001: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
OJEEMAH:

In other words, you support it is a "little tournament"...

Fantabulous.

Africa has the highest number of seats in FIFA, when it is time to lobby for vote, they come here first.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by blackboy2star(m): 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Improve on your spellings and writing.

paulolee:
lolz...this is the 6th anti messi thread hitting f.p in less than 3 days n am yet to see any congratulatory message from exfootballers on f.p, i know u guys are trying too hard to undermine messi win bt GOD pass una..
about the topic, their reason was simple, dona won it because it was an euros year bt it makes no sense to me bcox mendy isnt playing in euros n he won the ucl, gat a better performance n deserve dt award d more..
as for his opinion about lewa, he is trying too hard to act asif he do pity lewa when we already kno dt he is a bih cr7 fan n a chronic messi hater..
its funny seeing d same evra dt was silent wen a trophiless cr7 robbed " his own country man Ribery" n won dt 2013 ballon now acting as an activist for a lewa dt he hardly know personally.
evra Is just a pained hater and a stinking hypocrite....yes I said so...

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by MrFly(m): 1:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

I don't understand why Evra is running his mouth like a public tap these days... Man didn't achieve any huge feat during his football days.. After football na running of mouth remain for am... Shior!
am not a utd fan though but i doubt if u ever watched him.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Masterito(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
Evra said my mind. I prefer Messi to Ronaldo but Lewandoski deserves the award more. They created that small award for him indeed. [quote author=obembet post=108113767][/quote]
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Masterito(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Honestly you are clown.
OJEEMAH:

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Carlyboi(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
richmanrichard:
going by ur analysis jorginho shud ve won it because he won d both plus super cup.it was purely on individual performance n lewa has it.messi nor ronaldo shud not even be in d last 5

How would he have won was Jorginho Chelsea’s or Italy best player in those Cups the cup wins gave him the top 3 which I believe he overachieved with sneijder didn’t even get Top 3 after his treble wins in 2010 and silver medal at the World Cup!and he was much more instrumental in those wins compared to Jorginho!I am amazed some people thought Jorginho should win the Ballon D’or!Oh please!tell another joke!
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Masterito(m): 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
Listen! Mendy was robbed. The stats are clear to see.
We4all:

And Africans haven’t been earning awards in a white man’s land? Must everything be attributed to racism if it doesn’t suit them?
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Reeses: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Idiot what did you contribute in Africa nothing so stop running your mouth. If you guys want respect then fix the damn continent.

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Peace1993: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=obembet post=108113767][/quote] I don’t really get the reason for these agitations. Tbh, agitations were supposed to have ended the year MODRIC won the award.

It is pure politics, they don’t hide it
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Ijaya123: 1:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nothing more to add. I'm sure we are yet to hear the last of this rigged award.

Evra need to tell us how he knew 24 hours before the award that Messi has won it, and even congratulated him on social media.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by anonymous1759(m): 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
Peace1993:

I guess it is the Second most considering that of 2010

Controversial how ? You just hate Messi just admit it and know peace. If Messi robbed sniejder that means Diego Milito And the entire Inter Milan team robbed sniejder too including Forlan, Xavi and iniesta.
Sniejder lost serie A player to team mate Diego Milito it wasn’t robbery, he lost World Cup best player to Diego forlan it was cool and you expect such player to the given the best player in 2010 because you all hate Messi bunch of hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by richmanrichard: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
Carlyboi:

How would he have won was Jorginho Chelsea’s or Italy best player in those Cups the cup wins gave him the top 3 which I believe he overachieved with sneijder didn’t even get Top 3 after his treble wins in 2010 and silver medal at the World Cup!and he was much more instrumental in those wins compared to Jorginho!I am amazed some people thought Jorginho should win the Ballon D’or!Oh please!tell another joke!
keep shifting d table.according to you he was useless but they gave him european best player. lewandoski was d clear winner since its by individual brilliance.everything is not about messi n ronaldo. you messi n ronaldo fans has corrupted football with blind sentiments
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Decide2rise: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Why will they even allow Journalists wey never enter pitch before to decide who's the best?

With this Mendy stats, on what ground was Donnarumma picked ahead of Mendy?
The organizers have messed up everything this year. Evora was spot on
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Carlyboi(m): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
richmanrichard:
keep shifting d table.according to you he was useless but they gave him european best player. lewandoski was d clear winner since its by individual brilliance.everything is not about messi n ronaldo. you messi n ronaldo fans has corrupted football with blind sentiments

What table am I shifting?what are you on about?is being part of two cup winning teams the basis of handing out individual awards?if yes then Varane or Antoine griezemann should Have won it in 2018 or don’t you think?
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by adioolayi(m): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
These people like wahala and controversies...

Some people voted for these awards....

And since it about vote...it's a game of number..

The majority wins it

Evra or any other person not happen can start their own award and give to their choice..

Haba

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by rhektor(m): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=obembet post=108113767][/quote]

Why was George Weah given the world best that year? Was he European? Stoopid people saying Stoopid things
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Ayemileto(m): 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:
Why will they even allow Journalists wey never enter pitch before to decide who's the best?

1. Donnaruma won Player of the Tournament in the last Euros.

2. He won the best Goalkeeper award in Serie A (Ederson won EPL's own)

Donnaruma very well deserved it too. shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kriss216:

It's always better to allow Football Journalists, coaches, captains of national teams and other professionals to make that decision than football fans who merely watch from tv and make choices base on emotion they have for their love clubs and players. Imagine allowing Nairalanders to make that choice on whom should have Ballon d' or. Cr7 and Lewandowski would have been winning it . Messi may not be popular but what he has done can never be ignored by professionals . He's the most complet player so far. If he's not scoring , he's definitely creating chances while his competitors simply wait for the ball . This week Sunday alone, he made four assists but one was disallowed. Funny enough , only Madrid and Man United fans are against ?Messi' achievement. They wanted Cr7 but as they noticed that Cr7 wouldn't get to that level they had to opt for Lewandowski. They just cannot imagine that Messi will be far level up beyond Cr7 reach .

2 Likes

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Soleye24(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
We4all:
Africans always playing the victim and screaming racism. We don’t regard ourselves but expect whites to adore us. The problem isn’t about race but a matter of mentality.

How many white men hold important positions in Nigeria or Africa at large? But go to the UK, US and the likes and see how black people occupy honorary positions.

Even if a white man takes up the citizenship of Nigeria, he can never become the president cos we won’t allow it. But if the same rule is played out in the US or UK, we scream racism.
How many whites are in Nigeria? How many of them are interested in Nigeria politics? Lemme give you homework, go and check south Africa Senate and tell me what you see

1 Like

Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by blowjohn(m): 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
Which one be yanshing award again?
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Soleye24(m): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
This Evra is daft, if he really loves Africa why did he play for France and not his Africa country?
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
temmypotter:
See ehn, the euro was the decider here, it has more impact on the folks who voted than the champions league, add that to the fact that a keeper - Donarruma was named player of the tournament in a tournament like the euros after singlehandedly winning it for italy with some mad saves , omor that's a huge feat, forget! Mendy may clinch next year's if he keeps up his form but this year's was deservedly Donna, the euro swung things in his favor

Not logical at all.
It's called world footballer of the year awards not Euro footballer of the year awards, so using the Euros to judge the outcome isn't logical.
Re: Evra claims Edouard Mendy Was Snubbed For The Yashin Trophy Because he's African by Agboconsult1(m): 2:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
This is Evra. The kick boxer that landed a kick on the face of a s**pid racial fan. Love it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Diego Maradona's Death: Fernandez Declares 3-Day National Mourning In Argentina / VN88 Rezence, Beware: Karim Benzema's Ballon D'or-winning Form Has Returned! / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Mother's Birthday, Shares Adorable Photo With Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.