Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa (25250 Views)

Two Cases Of Omicron COVID Variant Detected In Nigeria / Omicron COVID Variant Was In Europe Before Detected By South African Scientists. / Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija BBC Interview On Omicron COVID In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Golan007: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
Simran94:

Cc Golan007

Hope you can see for yourself now? When we were saying FG is only after the emergency Covid-19 funds from EU, WHO and USA, you said how can we be thinking like that.

Do you guys think they just pick data like guguru?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by asobo1: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jpolgar:
Please can anyone enlighten me on how these variants are detected? Abi no be the same PCR test? The one that CDC admits cannot differentiate between covid & the common flu? Please anyone who knows should inform me.
I am not a doctor but if you happen to be a science student, then I can liken the different variants of covid for Allotropes.
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Kenn55: 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nigeria get sense at all?

What is this nonsense all about?

Is like the government will only be happy when this virus becomes a problem to Nigeria otherwise I don't see any reason why they have kept trying to make Nigeria suffer this virus.

Even if it was true, why say it now? Ok, give the omicron world cup trophy to Nigeria. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by smile11s(m): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lol
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Golan007:

Do you guys think they just pick data like guguru?

I really don't know how long you have been really following news in Nigeria for, it's really funny that you still don't know your country at this point

4 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by greggng: 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
I can't.stop laughing each that they ve to give a name to any new type of covid . Very soon we will.be having the Devil variant . That one will come with mmpuru imiri
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by DOTian: 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
These guys are always trying to make international headlines for all the wrong reasons! They are banning air travels right left and center and this ones are raising up their hands to demand for their own ban! Inebriated bunch..
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mad people

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by rugerGig: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mzmzmzm
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
Some Nigerians and their leaders are just fighting hard to become notorious before the world!

The lack of intelligence among these people is just mind-blowing to me!

Even China continues to cover up and distance themselves from this nonsense yet my oversabi citizens just feel like being placed on a negative pedestal. SMH

5 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Passionate888: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
I said it somewhere that this variant didn't originate from South Africa but the ignorant one's started spewing rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 10:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
DOTian:
These guys arecalways trying to make international headlines for all the wrong reasons! They are banning air travels right left and center and this oned are raising up their hands to demand for their own ban! Inebriated bunch..

This is where I agree with you about this contraption being filled with low intelligence intellectuals!

Just look at this level of stupidity!!!

6 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Simran94:

I really don't know how long you have been really following news in Nigeria for, it's really funny that you still don't know your country at this point

He enjoys living in self denial... Sycophancy comes with a pathetic price.

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
Angelfrost:

He enjoys living in self denial... Sycophancy comes with a pathetic price.
No wonder.

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin just imagine the Rubbish Lies they are spreading just to get the gullible idiots scared . The Real virus is in the Vaccines if you like Keep believing this COVID Nonsense. grin Quote me if you’re an idiot
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by slimghost(m): 10:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
They are dragging the origin?. There is no sane person in this administration

2 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by nnamdi640: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
I wonder what this people tend to gain by saying that the new variant was first detected in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by berbs: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kingzy4pep:
Is this Doctor not a fool? He probably thinks there's a prize for who discovers it first.

If you even check properly, this omicron didn't start in SA.
The westerners are just masturbating on this discovery by barning flights from most African nations because we aren't buying the idea of vaccination.
South Africans too go talk sef. If na Europeans, them go chill.
The westerners dont always like being in the limelight for stuffs like this. They only come out when it's something that has to do with innovation and invention.

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Angelfrost(m): 10:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Passionate888:
I said it somewhere that this variant didn't originate from South Africa but the ignorant one's started spewing rubbish.

Calm down... That variant didn't originate anywhere from this continent!

Forget foreign propaganda and low self esteem of some Africans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by LyfeJennings(m): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mrchippychappy:
This country na wa.

Una go use una hand spoil country name finish and then turn around to accuse the innocent youths of being responsible for the bad name the country has!

All this miracle discovery just so dey can take their begging bowl to USA, EU and WHO to beg for funds to "combat" the spread of Omicron.

If only U know how much this will yield financially. This is a cash out season for whoever made that declaration. Another cash out season for medical practitioners..
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Federalofficia(m): 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by endsarrrs(f): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
BKayy:
Naija wan catch out from UN as usual
You mean to type 'cash out' instead

Don't mind APC govt!

2 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mrchippychappy:
This country na wa.

Una go use una hand spoil country name finish and then turn around to accuse the innocent youths of being responsible for the bad name the country has!

All this miracle discovery just so dey can take their begging bowl to USA, EU and WHO to beg for funds to "combat" the spread of Omicron.

. I just dey wonder wooo ! Naija like to bring Calamity upon themselves ! For reasons best known to them undecided undecided undecided
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Jpolgar(m): 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
DOTian:
These guys arecalways trying to make international headlines for all the wrong reasons! They are banning air travels right left and center and this oned are raising up their hands to demand for their own ban! Inebriated bunch..

Literally had to google 'inebriated' grin

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Banmeallday: 10:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
Jpolgar:
Please can anyone enlighten me on how these variants are detected? Abi no be the same PCR test? The one that CDC admits cannot differentiate between covid & the common flu? Please anyone who knows should inform me.

Detected by CNN and the new world agenda....

3 Likes

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin grin Are they trying to drag the position of who first discovered the Omicron variant of coronavirus,with SA?
This useless government wouldn't cease to amaze me.
BTW,where is the Lying Primate doing tum bom tum bum,who said last year ending, that there would be another lockdown in 2021?
Being a primate, he must surely belong to apes or monkeys.
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by Dasilva12: 10:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
Mrchippychappy:

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10262197/Omicron-Covid-Nigeria-says-case-new-variant-dates-October.html
9ja don start ooo,
They wan cashout again from their client.
First discover and silence, they want it to spread so that there will be another lockdown for their family.
Never,ever & ever again.
They wan spoil december for us.
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by tctrills: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kingzy4pep:
Is this Doctor not a fool? He probably thinks there's a prize for who discovers it first.

If you even check properly, this omicron didn't start in SA.
The westerners are just masturbating on this discovery by barning flights from most African nations because we aren't buying the idea of vaccination.
South Africans too go talk sef. If na Europeans, them go chill.
Everyonee with their conspiracy theory.
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by DeipTruth(f): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
Franking:
Travel ban loading. Nothing concern me sha. Where I wan travel go?

E concern me o, i don already book ticket this December.

Make this idiots dey respect themselves and by the way Nigerians or Africans were not the first to get this omicron COVID-19.

It was the European but they're hiding the names of the expatriate that carried it.

Botswana first reported weeks before SA made it public but na oyibo carry omicron come oo.

Omicron is a french word. God pass them, they want to look out Africa
Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by adioolayi(m): 10:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
If true...then, the Omicron posses no huge threat as it's been envisaged...because if it has all the envisaged devastating potential of spreading faster and beating the available CoVID19 vaccines defence mechanism...Then, the CoVID19 infection rate in Nigeria should have spiked to high roofs..which is not the case.

1 Like

Re: Omicron COVID Appeared In Nigeria In October - Weeks Before South Africa by omooje1(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
Is a lie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Investigates Portuguese Wife’s Death After Childbirth In Hospital (photo) / My Experience In A Public Hospital In FCT / Floods Cause Increase In Snakebite Cases In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.