Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections (6570 Views)

INEC Extends Primary Elections Deadline By 6 Days / PDP Reschedule Dates For Primary Elections / Oshiomhole Replies INEC On Zamfara Primary Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by MichaelUweh(m): 5:01am On Dec 03, 2021
Nigerians like supporting something foolishly and blindly. How will you prefer election where results will just be decided and written by whosoever the cabal send to come and conduct such election. this is the same way you guys followed APC change in 2015 and today is a different story.

Wise up my people, Direct primaries will spell a doom; check the case of Apc Anambra, Lagos, Imo etc, you will know how figures was inflated.

All we need in Nigeria is strong institutions. let these people make Inec an independent body .
Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by Thebigheart: 5:05am On Dec 03, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Direct Primaries is the way to go. The President should please sign the bill.

Don't mind the naysayers, Direct Primaries is actually cheaper but trust politicians, especially the state Governors, to have a sinister reason for attempting to confuse some people.

Because most of them lack legitimacy, they pay so much in indirect primaries system to buy loyalty from ward level to the state assembly so they can fight their political opponents in federal executive council, national assembly and national executive council of their political parties.

The prolonged and perennial fights the Edo State Governor, HE Godwin Obaseki, has with his political opponents is traced to the indirect primaries system that foisted him on PDP after allegedly parting with about 6 billion naira to buy the PDP structure in Edo State. No direct primaries to elect a gubernatorial candidate will cost N6 billion! In fact, if PDP had done direct primaries in Edo, hardly will it spend up to N100m for the organisation but the Governor allegedly paid N6 billion to buy the ticket. This is what is going on in most of the 36 states of the federation. The corruption case EFCC made against HE Fayose is traced to the problem associated with the bad indirect primaries system.

No direct primaries will cost even half of the billions HE Obaseki allegedly paid Chief Dan Orbih and Co to buy Edo PDP. He is still spending to buy loyalty to chase out his percieved opponents from Edo State PDP. So who do they think they are fooling when they say Governors oppose direct primaries because of cost? They are spending far more to buy legitimacy after getting to power through undemocratic processes !

Indirect primaries is the joker some Governors used to cheat the democratic system and take the electorates as easily dispensable and it must be stopped.

I love your assertion, but just move away from Edo state election. I guess it's up to a year now.
Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by Boby89: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2021
nzeobi:
Direct primaries that you don't know number of people that will be voting.
Direct primaries that if rigged can't be rejected by Inec.
Direct primaries that can not hold in many parts of the country cos of insecurity.

Direct primaries that someone will write results from one corner and announce results, if you doubt ask people who participated in APC guber primaries in imo,osun and Lagos

People like you are the real enemy of Nigeria. I rest my case.
Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by Vistra40: 9:10am On Dec 03, 2021
IgbosDestroynSA:

Wherever direct primary can not hold. Main election can not hold there don’t you think?
You guys sha want to collect Atiku dollars.

Let’s hope the president signs it. That should be the most important thing
Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by AKWATGOLD1(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2021
I remember vividly that case of National Interest is what post primary schools will used as topic for their dabating competitions to be argue for or against in any event of literary and debating clubs in schools which will brings grassroot awareness to the people but today all has been eliminated.
Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by nzeobi(m): 10:55am On Dec 03, 2021
Boby89:

People like you are the real enemy of Nigeria. I rest my case.

Oppose what I said with facts and stop blabbing
Re: Reps Invite Yakub Mahmood Over Cost Of Direct Primary Elections by Coolgent(m): 11:11am On Dec 03, 2021
Nigerians will regret Direct primary

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos Crisis: We Lost All Say Hausa-fulani, Igbo, Yoruba / GEJ To Strip Questionable Characters Of National Awards / MASSOB Warn Kidnappers To Stay Away From South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.