Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP (6743 Views)

Buhari Orders Dodan Barracks To Surrender Obalende Eid Prayer Ground To Lagos / State House, Dodan Barracks To Be Revitalized – Presidency / IGP Adamu Orders For Investigation Of Policemen Displaying APC 4+4 Sign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Poleski: 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2021
Where do the billions received from the federal budget go? What about all the bribes they receive daily?

No matter how much you pump into the massively corrupt and incompetent Nigerian police, the money will vanish into the selective pockets of those in the high police hierarchy!

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by yrex01(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2021
una never start. by the time the God is done with y'all abattoir would be more ok than that una barracks.

this is part of the endsars movement but una boycott am

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Rexymania(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
Shut up your mouth poverty mentality people. When the youth were fighting for you, why didn't you speak up?

3 Likes

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by namo77: 11:23pm On Dec 02, 2021
Na just now una eye dey see am??

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by abobote: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2021
Nigeria police barracks are the most dirty place I have seen. I can't forget when my cousin police officer asked me to spend the night in his apartment in 2015, while I was in onitsha, the place was so bad that I couldn't use the toilet. I don't know how people are surviving in that environment. The image has refused to leave my head
This time, the IG is right
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by ransomed: 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2021
It is not true, they are extorting and getting returns from politicians.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by splashbaby(m): 11:48pm On Dec 02, 2021
Who are they telling?
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by robortonia: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Very Good development.
This government should more.

Imagine what the BILLION of dollars that just one woman called Diezani stole could have done in this country.
A criminal supported by online rogues and thieves.
But rather she invested it on bra and jewelries.
May Amadioha punish any pigs castigating the Nigerians that voted the looting party out of power after 16 years of looting and stealing.

They even told us to our faces that stealing is not corruption.
Fraudsters and thieves everywhere!

Bra wey don losss?

Them don mafia the bra ogbeni

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by onuman: 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2021
But policemen and women live among rest of the society in other climes, not in barracks.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by robortonia: 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
abobote:
Nigeria police barracks are the most dirty place I have seen. I can't forget when my cousin police officer asked me to spend the night in his apartment in 2015, while I was in onitsha, the place was so bad that I couldn't use the toilet. I don't know how people are surviving in that environment. The image has refused to leave my head
This time, the IG is right

Tha barracks befits them..they dont have maintenance culture..see.the kind official.vehicle they use..give them one brand new hilux on Monday...the next time u see that hilix ..u will never recognise it...shameless people..dey lash olosho inside hilux
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by onuman: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2021
mfm04622:
Why do they need to live in barracks? The idea of Police barracks is archaic. Give example of any developed country with a police barracks. The Police should live among the populace!

The man still clutches tight to outdated model of police living in barracks.

He should have been asking for scrapping police barracks system, instead of this decoy for more funds to be provided for building new barracks; funds that will disappear as usual if provided.

3 Likes

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by LillyandDaisy: 12:07am On Dec 03, 2021
Then what is my fault!!! You’re poor and am poor, your only problem is to deal with poor people like you!!! When is your duty to keep the balance!!!
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Flash360: 12:13am On Dec 03, 2021
Exactly, police should be paid enough to afford a decent rent. But they want to hold on to barracks system so they can control the foolish police recruits and still chop money on their head from allocations.

onuman:

The man still clutches tight to outdated model of police living in barracks.

He should have been asking for scrapping police barracks system, instead of this decoy for more funds to be provided for building new barracks; funds that will disappear as usual if provided.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Blue3k(m): 1:43am On Dec 03, 2021
You guys can't rent a home like everyone else? Lol you're not active duty soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by gosmoney(m): 1:52am On Dec 03, 2021
And when we dey fight for dem na kill dem dey kill us useless people
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by jeffoe(m): 2:08am On Dec 03, 2021
Barack are meant for military personel, police officer ordinarily should reside around places they work. housing allowance should be based on the average price of accommodation in that lga and should be paid to them.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Aether(m): 2:49am On Dec 03, 2021
Let this human being go and sleep. In real countries, is there anything like police barracks?

Police officers live in the same houses and buildings as the normal citizens
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by captainamiedi1: 4:55am On Dec 03, 2021
mfm04622:
Why do they need to live in barracks? The idea of Police barracks is archaic. Give example of any developed country with a police barracks. The Police should live among the populace!

How much does a constable earn? Can he afford to pay rent in most cities in Nigeria with his salary? Can his salary afford an average life style little about a family man? The don't want to live there too but they are helpless.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by MiaBeer(m): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
He argued that a good living condition is important for optimal service delivery as housing is considered a fundamental physiological human need.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/02/90-policemen-don%E2%80%99t-have-befitting-barracks-stay-%E2%80%94-inspector-general-police

Then do something about it Oga IGP. Tell them to gather all the bribe they take from Nigerians for one month and see how many barracks they will build from it.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by habyceenia: 5:14am On Dec 03, 2021
They can never leave in thier confort zone... After they pursue me last night, when I knew professionally they are zero. I quickly ran for my life
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by mfm04622: 5:19am On Dec 03, 2021
captainamiedi1:

How much does a constable earn? Can he afford to pay rent in most cities in Nigeria with his salary? Can his salary afford an average life style little about a family man? The don't want to live there too but they are helpless.

Tell me how much a constable earn! Certainly more than teachers and teachers don't have barracks. If they are poorly paid, barracks are not the solution. They should fight for better pay, not barracks. Police should not be separated from the citizens they serve

3 Likes

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Tannhauser(m): 5:31am On Dec 03, 2021
DOTian:
Nigerias police and army barracks are by far the worst I have ever seen anywhere in the world.
Some states police headquarters look like a bombed out Fallujah
angry
Although I agree with you but truth is that the animals masquerading as Nigerian Police do not deserve any better. They should be living in caves or better yet...holes in the ground. angry

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Ofodirinwa: 5:36am On Dec 03, 2021
must they stay in a barracks? Why not allow them to go home and police their local communities?
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by ogwumgbe: 6:14am On Dec 03, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Very Good development.
This government should more.

Imagine what the BILLION of dollars that just one woman called Diezani stole could have done in this country.
A criminal supported by online rogues and thieves.
But rather she invested it on bra and jewelries.
May Amadioha punish any pigs castigating the Nigerians that voted the looting party out of power after 16 years of looting and stealing.

They even told us to our faces that stealing is not corruption.
Fraudsters and thieves everywhere!

You should probe your king first that bullion van was seen in his house

1 Like

Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by Psoul(m): 7:45am On Dec 03, 2021
If you like, give police Aso Rock as their barracks, they will still turn it into pig pen.
Those people have so many demons following them around.
The amount of money they get everyday does not reflect in their lives and their environment.
They don't even feed well.
Their houses look like where mad people live. Dirty and unkempt.
They are wicked to themselves. So selfish.
Daz why they cannot even bring out money in unity to even repair a chair that is in their offices.
You see them using block as a chair in their stations.

They don't have normal behaviours daz why they can't maintain a neat environment. So no matter how you renovate their environments, they will still mess them up to that low standard they are used to. PIGS.
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by F117nighthawk: 8:16am On Dec 03, 2021
No wonder they behave like animals,I passed the so called police College in the ikeja yesterday, a look into their premises from the main road the place looks like a government secondary school, and u expect to have police men and women with sense of decency trained out of such a low standard environment, AWON JOKERS
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by gudugudumeje: 10:10am On Dec 03, 2021
COLO-MENTAL IGP. IS POLICING Philosophy and Practice in support of barracks for police men? What an Ill-trained, lost IGP?
Re: Over 90% Of Policemen Don't Have Befitting Barracks To Stay - IGP by webhostbiz: 11:12am On Dec 03, 2021
Does countries like USA, Britain, Germany,and so on have police barracks? Why can't officers come to office from their rented apartments in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASG Reiterates Commitment To Timely Delivery Of Lekki Regional Road / Tinubu Mourns Ex-COAS, Chris Alli / INEC Removes Imo PDP Candidate, Agulanna, From House Of Reps Election List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.