Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,441 members, 7,958,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:26 PM

Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money (40420 Views)

Customers Fighting Inside Banking Hall (Video) / Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money / Angry Lady Drives Her Car Into A Bank Hall After Waiting For Hours For Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by noah24(m): 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Death to all yahoo boys

1 Like

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by izubext007: 12:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
The bank should be held responsible.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Cognitivereason: 12:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
There is no poor banking policy..
He was careless with his info that got his account compromised..
Some banks like Union bank sometimes come up with frustrating policy to limit the capability of ones account.. The aim is to limit the number of loopholes to gaining access especially online transaction...
The case is not always the same for GTB, zenith and the likes
xscoffy:
This bad administration go reach everyone finally.

Just imagine rubbish cos of poor banking policies. Ordinary money wil b deducted by scammers n when u demand to know the account it entered.. back will demand for ur birthday certificate n Every useless cert as well
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Cognitivereason: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Eaxactly ...author=mekuso89 post=108172118]Bros forget BVN OR NIN matter

Always secure your credit/debit card details
I hear they sell people's Card details to hackers.

Don't always trust these POS people many of them are accomplice[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Nat2008(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
lol i met this guy in lekki phase 1. the guys annual service charge for his house ( 24 7 electricity and swimming pool and security etc etc ) is 2.4 million naira. how can you pay 2.4 million naira just for service charge ? on a house you own and have paid for ?

Baba is enjoying service rendered ��
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Cokahot: 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
When sniper is available and cheap. Foo l
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by yinkbell: 12:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
I strongly believe every bank has an IT Department. This is a clear evidence of porosity in the banks cyber security. I remember vividly if I make any transaction on a platform called paxful where I trade Bitcoin, the moment transaction is done, your coin is in escrow and you get instant mail about ongoing transaction; a well detailed info will be sent to you asking you if you are the one making the transaction. Banks should also employ this method for security check. If someone is using ATM, the case is different but if other means of withdrawal is used, serious scrutiny should be deployed to prevent this kind of story. All Nigeria banks should step up their games.

1 Like

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Dropsywill: 12:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
I had a similar issue last 2years when I lost my phone, immediately i was defrauded all my money,I rushed to bank,I only saw the name and bank my money was transferred to,but bank could not help me only what they said it can't be traced cos it wasn't the same bank,can you imagine nonsense!
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
So saddening and depressing. Fraudsters have curses and blood on their heads and their generation yet unborn.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by 360command: 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
In the western countries, if your money is stolen online or through your card and you report it as you did not authorize such transactions, what the bank does is to place the money back into your account, give you a new debit/credit card and then the bank will then investigate the case to know if it was thieves or hackers that stole the money.

That way, those banks can claim the money through insurance. I don't know why in Africa we make our people suffer.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Yong4ever: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
I guess the useless bank is Access Bank. Don't be surprised that the hacker is an access bank staff.

Access bank is the most useless bank in Nigeria and I only pity people transacting with that banks. Fraudulent deductions, fraudulent attacks and poor services.

Last year my access bank account was hacked. They even never had a clue to helping me out. Shame
you're so right, the fraudster would likely be from the bank and for the access bank, they're so useless and dubious,I was scammed recently, I felt so helpless and my bank Access bank could not render any assistance.

1 Like

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Inception(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
I guess the useless bank is Access Bank. Don't be surprised that the hacker is an access bank staff.

Access bank is the most useless bank in Nigeria and I only pity people transacting with that banks. Fraudulent deductions, fraudulent attacks and poor services.

Last year my access bank account was hacked. They even never had a clue to helping me out. Shame

It is UBA
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by jclassiq(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
Could this be Ilupeju branch of UBA ?

Best thing could have been to call the police to pick him up.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by hollah123: 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Vado:

This is one of the most idiotic submissions I read this year. So Kolade killed while watching football at a viewing center was a scammer? How about Tiamiyu Kazeem a soccer player with Remo Stars killed in Ogun State? He was a Yahoo boy too abi? I think you can optimize your sense of reasoning.
don't b stupid,I am talking about Yahoo boys n karma
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Malawian(m): 12:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Most of those syndicates either work or have inside men in those banks. I made a thread once about how elements from Zenith Bank wanted to liquidate me. The ruse was very smart.

This guy went as far as knowing about a failed transaction and hung money i had with zenith bank then. I wonder how he could know that if he wasn't working for Zenith bank, nor had an inside man there.

1 Like

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Jaqenhghar: 12:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
ignis:
This same UBA again?
I don savi that useless bank since my uni days. 9 have never done any transaction with rhe. And it went smoothly.
There was a time in their area 3 branch ( abuja) these fúckers left customers waiting to do deposits standing for over 2 hours. No one attended to them, no explanation, nothing. When they finally felt like working, no apologies.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by consciousman: 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
What if the money withdrawn is gotten from a questionable means, what if?..... nothing happens in a vacuum. It's a pity.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Blackdisciple(m): 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
Eyah ... Just because of our failed system look at this guy, banks are just like airlines they don't care about the security of her customers.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Yankee101: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Yahoo Boys, your actions have victims
And you'll answer even from this earth
And after life, for all your actions
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by flokii: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
The culprit will be somewhere flexing, showing off ill-gotten wealth and lavishing money on stvpid girls while the victim is in anguish with suicidal thoughts.

Say NO to fraud
Say NO to yahoo yahoo

Stop destroying lives out of desperation to make quick wealth you won't live long enough to enjoy. there is 'esan' waiting for you here in this life or the life after.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by lomprico(m): 1:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
the bank should be held responsible for the 450k
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Calicoe: 1:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
On this note, this is where I hang up my relationship with Nigerian banks. Any money going into my account won't stay more than one hour. The moment I receive it, I don go collect am. I no trust any bank again. E better say I keep the money by myself.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Someodds: 1:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
Dailymice:
A lot of fraudsters have blood hanging on their head; you scam someone and the person commits suicide and you think life would be normal again for you or your generations? You have a curse on your head already.

That yahoo guy on Nairaland called Slawormiir probably has a lot of innocent blood of victims he had scammed who committed suicide on his head. Don't envy fraudsters, they NEVER have REST!

I'm not in support of what happened to his money, but may I bring it to your notice that such doesn't happen, if it does, our past and present leaders will be dead by now. They have scammed shit out of us and till date, nothing happened to them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by lomprico(m): 1:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
snoopz:
I thought the bank blocked the outflow? How come 450k come out again

the bank should pay him that 450k, it's their fault. that's means they did not block it.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by jacoik(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
Dailymice:
A lot of fraudsters have blood hanging on their head; you scam someone and the person commits suicide and you think life would be normal again for you or your generations? You have a curse on your head already.

That yahoo guy on Nairaland called Slawormiir probably has a lot of innocent blood of victims he had scammed who committed suicide on his head. Don't envy fraudsters, they NEVER have REST!
rest ke? When you scam another to have happiness how will you expect happiness
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by LisaAnneMia: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
posty56:
you can dispose the ATM card or rather hide it somewhere into the abyss grin, but my point is do not use your main account for any transaction whatsoever, only use to send to your second account that you will use for spending,also let the account holf only the amount you have budgeted to spend, kapish!
Okay I get... thank you
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by aklion: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
If for real the bank claim they blocked the account to prevent further transaction. And ask him to go swear affidavit which he did. And the same bank who claims have blocked the account from further transaction are saying they have withdrew the left over. Then bank should be held responsible for it Simple.
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Yarimoooh: 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ride on papa, oil dey your head
FalseProphet1:
I see davido sending him 500k as part of his charity program, I see him back on his feet hailing and smiling with davido.

I see other lazy youths going into the bank with rope to attempt suicide hoping for davido to pick their call, I see the bank arresting them.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Omonigho1976: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Testimony1988:
No one can have access to someone's money with only BVN or NIN, it might be, he misplaced his ATM card or he used a POS machine that was compromised.
Most of these POS operators work with Yahoo boys, this is how they do it, when you come to make cash withdrawal with your atm they insert your card into what is called a ripper, it looks like a POS machine but it's not, as your chip goes in, it automatically reads the card details and then you key in your pin which it records, the POS guy then pretend that the transaction didn't go and blames network he then brings another Pos machine which is the real one issued by bank and the transaction goes through. Immediately you leave they retrieve all your card details along with your pin that you typed in and then produce a cloned card, they already have your pin. The various cloned cards are taken to another city like ogun or ibadan so that suspicion will not be drawn to anyone arround then the spending starts.

4 Likes

Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by GOSPELTRUTH31: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nat2008:
I pity the man, life savings cleared just like that in this hard time. Meanwhile some people daily spending is more than that. God count us among the rich.
Stop using the name of God in vain...
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Kokaine(m): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Simply put, he's a fraudster. This is what he has admitted to several times "with his full chest"
Wonderful. How poor! Society started endorsing wealth with no origin of work. Now the hardworking ones are broke shamed and the occultic fraudsters are bold enough to rear their ugly heads out because of the praise they receive. Its going to be a very long road ahead for Nigeria. Because the developed countries are built on hard work and empathy
Re: Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
ruggedtimi:
it happened to me 2016...I was in ghana then and I noticed 100k missing in my acct, requested the bank to block my acct . After three months I came back to Nigeria, requested for my bank statement omo more money left the acct even after requesting for the acct to be blocked
Can you just imagine that? I am so sorry. I would have been pained. 100k then wasn't small money and even 5 years later it's still not money to throw away. Is it then safe to say some of these fraudsters have help within the bank or some of the bankers are involved in the fraud themselves?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Shows Off All The Money She Saved In Her Piggy Bank This Year (Photos) / Herbert Wigwe's Cryptic Post Hints At ‘End Of Life’ / HELP! How Do I Stop Okash From Calling Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.