Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ (8311 Views)

Bill Clinton On Donald Trump: ‘the Thing About Branding Is ... You Can Be Fact-f / Clinton On Nigeria: The Lessons Not Learnt / Nigerians Write To Clinton On Nigeria Terror List Suggest Names For No-fly List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by aribisala0(m): 10:46am On Jun 11, 2011
but the hat is foreign naa
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by aribisala0(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2011
benson,smith,doherty,williams,adams,bucknor,campbell,bank-anthony,thomas,da silva,da costa,fernandez,johnson, law,george are names of foreign origin common among yorubas
also lawal,mohammed ,raji,ibrahim,hassan,quadri etc
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by tpia5: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2011
Yar-adua was also another proud lover of his nigerian culture, he also did not only wear his native attires to local, national and international forums, he also went as far as using his hausa assent to speak

you lost me there.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by tpia5: 10:57am On Jun 11, 2011
Ibime:

I'm one of those Ijaws with English first name and surname, and even ma middle name is not Nigerian. Hehehehehe.

did you leave anything out?
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by agitator: 11:08am On Jun 11, 2011
the way the igbos and yorubas look down on every other culture is one of the reasons the "WAZOBIA" Nigerian language project didn't see day light. Why, because the minorities were vehemently opposed to it.

so people should only dress as yorubas, igbos or hausas and we hope to move this country forward undecided
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by aribisala0(m): 11:10am On Jun 11, 2011
the hat is italian grin
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by osifred(m): 11:16am On Jun 11, 2011
everybody is entitled to his opinion thatz y all of us hav one nose.
I hav come to observe that many pple here has lost touch to reason thatz y am an active reader bt nt an active writer here.
D truth be told those championing for preservation of culture should do in a wholestic approach (language,food, dress, etc). U wil only be a hypocrite if u champion cultural preservation. U answer a native name n dress like a foreigner always or prefer foreign food to local food.
I dont understand dis making a mountain out of an anthill situation.
I dont see anytin wrong bearing foreign name.
My name is Osima and til date i hav nt or been give d clear meaning of ma name in my language. So y should i bear a name i dont know d meaning?
So i prefer to go wit my German name dat means a peaceful leader which is a reflection of ma true personality. Peaceful ruler
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by KDULAR: 11:19am On Jun 11, 2011
Well I see Clintons actions as just a banter and admiration and nothing more . However, the issue of foreign names , I' am not a fan my baptismal name is Kenneth and it only stops there I asked why wouldn't I bear Ayanfe (David) b ut was refused so I choosed kenneth. It never occured anywhereelse. Alll my kids have Ijinleponbele( Original unadulterated) Yoruba names. The surname in My gfamily is still thta of my Great grandfathers father Despite him being one of the first and few Monogamist / Christians in Ijebu at that time.
My point is our indegenous names really convey real good meaning in most cases and should be cherished and adopted for all purposes . adopting some foreign names sometimes is a continuation of colonisation in any form be it english/ western or arabic ( the latter some people might not want to agree with). Same as The now common sayings "EPL/LALIGA/SERIE A/BUNDESLIGA CLUB FOR LIFE"! AND Enyimba, Rangers, 3SC,Kwara utd, KANO PILLARS etc are there.

Check out those native attires by the Traditional chiefs and Obj!!! Sweet and swaggerlicious ungh?
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by queensmith: 11:24am On Jun 11, 2011
how long did jonathan suck bills d**k to get this praise??

goodluck jonathan! kmt
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by KDULAR: 11:29am On Jun 11, 2011
^^^^^ Show some respect, haba, This is the President of Nigeria and not a contractor!
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by richidinho(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2011
some people has no business being here

can u STOP watching EPL, LA LIGA 4 six months, if you so hate the whites

the truth is you cant do without them
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by queensmith: 12:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
KDULAR:

^^^^^ Show some respect, haba, This is the President of Nigeria and not a contractor!

the respect Jonathan shows you and your people yea??
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by adultebony(m): 12:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
Come on guys, it was just a J-O-K-E!!! And jokes could mean anything but the end is to make light of serious issue. Let's sheath our sword pls grin grin grin
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by nduchucks: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
I don't believe there was any subliminal insult in Clinton's remarks - these people were simply having harmless fun. Now, if GEJ does not return to Nigeria with a commitment from Obama to provide us with 4- 6 drones to checkmate the terrorists in Nigeria, his trip would have been a total failure, as far as I am concerned.

Something tells me that he does not even have the guts to make the request.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by omafones: 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
All this calmour for Nigerian names,
even the name 'Nigeria' is foreign.

what is a Nigerian name?
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by Jakumo(m): 2:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
The chorus of pompous, agitated voices, all wrongly describing Bill Clinton's innocent banter as "insulting" brings to mind again just how pathetically thin-skinned, insecure and conceited many Nigerians choose to be.

Relax, boys and girls, for the racism and veiled insults you IMAGINE exist ONLY in your self-absorbed minds. Johnny B. Goodluck had a good laugh with Wild Bill, so who cares what a bunch of cellar-dwelling internet grumblers have to say ?
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by bkbabe97y(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
EzeUche!:

There were Krios present in Onitsha as well if people have forgotten. I wonder what happened to them.

Probably got eaten by your tribesmen many moons ago. . . .

We know how u niggaz roll.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by kaymd: 3:01pm On Jun 11, 2011
omafones:

what is a Nigerian name?

Five points for that remark.

Fact is, we are already overdependent on the foreigners in practically every aspect of our lives - from education to religion to sports and entertainment; even our political system is a variant of western politics.

Without any real indigenous development, its really difficult for one to feel strongly about anything from home. I think things like pride in one's heritage are anchored in great historic successes which inspire the natives of a land to cherish their homegrown values.

It's so sad that we have to 'coerce' our people to be proud of their cultural values and preach it all the time. These things come naturally, it can't really be forced.

All folks on nairaland residing in Nigeria at present should please look at their immediate environment and see if they truly feel inspired by it. Do we have any native architectural designs? What building style can you truly say is 'Nigerian', everything is copy and paste from the west, with only minor variations which are not even improvements.

It's really no surprise then why people would bear foreign names, it's just one of the many many foreign adoptions we carry, including the name 'Nigeria' as omafones mentioned. Maybe we should start by changing our country's name.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by cap28: 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
of course bill and hillary "admire" the docile little porch monkey aka "Goodluck" jonathan - they "admire" him for taking orders in an unquestioning docile manner, they admire him for voting in favour of the no fly zone over libya, they admire him for agreeing to scrap the contents of the PIB bill that conflict with the interests of the international oil companies , they admire him for allowing foreign vultures to swoop in and buy up the entire public sector.  Whats not to admire?

Docile Jonathan who is so star struck to be in the company of africa's greatest enemies will never earn the respect of the western leaders, they will forever treat him like the sell out that he is.

and as for THAT picture of Obasanjo and JImmy Carter -  first of all Obasanjo was never and will never ever be regarded as an african leader worthy of respect, Obasanjo was CHOSEN by the americans to succeed Murtala Muhammed who was the real thorn in the flesh of the west, Murtala Muhammed actually insulted former american national security adviser Henry Kissinger by refusing to honour an invitation to come to the white house when summoned to do so by Kissinger, from then on in Murtala became a marked man, Murtala's subsequent  decision to nationalise the entire nigerian oil industry sealed his fate, Obasanjo was selected by the americans as the "safer pair of hands"  this is why he was ushered back into office in 1999 despite being mired in corruption throughout his brief tenure in office in the 1970s.  His job was to ensure the smooth privatisation of the nigerian public sector into the hands of foreign investors, a feat that he has acheived successfully.  now it is the turn of his appointed puppet "Goodluck" Jonathan.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by EzeUche1(m): 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2011
Even though I loathe the name Murtala Mohammed, the man was indeed a man who did not like the West interfering in his country. It is sad that we do not have leaders like that.

Even the Great Zik at one time would put the Westerners in their place. Unlike Balewa who worshiped them and wanted to talk like them.

I miss leaders like Nnamdi Azikiwe, Kwame Nkrumah, Amilcar Cabral and Patrice Lumumba. cry cry cry
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by EzeUche1(m): 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
omafones:

what is a Nigerian name?

Foolish one. . . We are talking about [b]INDIGENOUS [/b]African names. angry
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by AndreUweh(m): 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Probably got eaten by your tribesmen many moons ago. . . .

We know how u niggaz roll.
Poor boy, you are not intelligent enough for this sort of thread, as a result, do not derail.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by vislabraye(m): 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
aribisala0:

benson,smith,doherty,williams,adams,bucknor,campbell,bank-anthony,thomas,da silva,da costa,fernandez,johnson, law,george are names of foreign origin common among yorubas
also lawal,mohammed ,raji,ibrahim,hassan,quadri etc

I beg tell them. People just want to make a mountaint out of a mole hill. . . If there's something wrong with bearing a foreign name, then thetre's something wrong speaking de language
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by agitator: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Poor boy, you are not intelligent enough for this sort of thread, as a result, do not derail.

Is the thread titled "FOREIGN VS INDIGENOUS NAMES"?

see wiseman wink
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by Sunofgod(m): 4:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I don't believe there was any subliminal insult in Clinton's remarks - these people were simply having harmless fun. Now, if GEJ does not return to Nigeria with a commitment from Obama to provide us with 4- 6 drones to checkmate the terrorists in Nigeria, his trip would have been a total failure, as far as I am concerned.

Something tells me that he does not even have the guts to make the request.

Be careful of what you wish for - I wouldn't wish drones on any country or on any people.

'Toxic Chemicals In US Drone Strikes

Experts revealed that those Pakistani civilians who have come under the unauthorized drone airstrike in Pakistan's troubled northwest have been afflicted with complicated skin, eye and respiratory diseases due to the deadly chemical materials used in the missiles, the Press TV correspondent in Peshawar reported on Thursday.

According to journalists and experts from Waziristan that is a mountainous region of northwest Pakistan which has often been the focal point of US drone attacks, they have received numerous reports from several people and local doctors pointing at the hazardous effects of the ongoing drone attacks on the entire population.

"Since these drone strikes have been carried out, we have witnessed several peculiar disease cases, and our press club have been frequently visited by those complainants, who have developed skin and bronchial diseases in the aftermath of drone airstrikes. I'd like to add further that the agriculture and the livestock are also showing pitiable condition," journalist Safdar Dawar told Press TV.

An expert from Waziristan says his daughter died of blood cancer soon after she had developed a skin disease, which was no more than the toxic effect of chemical substances used in the non-UN-sanctioned drone strikes.

"I myself lost my daughter, who was just 28 months old, she developed a skin disease and later on she was diagnosed, within a month, with blood cancer. At that time people were talking about the chemical bombings being carried out. The same is the case now that wherever the drone attacks are carried out, people in that area are complaining about skin diseases, lung infections, throat infections and various kinds of other diseases," Pakistani political expert Safiullah Gul said.

The report strikes at the heart of growing tension between the United States and Pakistan over the US aerial attacks on Pakistani soil.

Washington claims the airstrikes target militants. However, the attacks have killed hundreds of civilians in Pakistan since 2008, local reports say.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/183994.html
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by Ekpoma1: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2011
A lot of GUYZ are just saying arrant nonsense. A simple joke was been turned into somethhng else. U guyZ lackS every sense of homour, that is y u could not sense d joke in the statement.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by Sunofgod(m): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ekpoma1:

A lot of GUYZ are just saying arrant nonsense. A simple joke was been turned into somethhng else. U guyZ lackS every sense of homour, that is y u could not sense d joke in the statement.

I think somebody already pointed out that if GEJ had given 'Bill' a Cuban Cigar or even a 'Stained Black Dress', the Clintons wouldn't have found it funny.

They shouldn't get 'over familiar' with GEJ. They are not old school chums.

The 'Clintons' need to show more respect in future.

PS: GEJ should ask Bill what happened to all the money donated for the 'Haiti Relief' - And watch a 'White man turn Red'
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by kaymd: 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
EzeUche!:

Even though I loathe the name Murtala Mohammed, the man was indeed a man who did not like the West interfering in his country. It is sad that we do not have leaders like that.

Even the Great Zik at one time would put the Westerners in their place. Unlike Balewa who worshiped them and wanted to talk like them.

I miss leaders like Nnamdi Azikiwe, Kwame Nkrumah, Amilcar Cabral and Patrice Lumumba.  cry cry cry

But you'll agree with me that the West is hardly to blame for the present pitiful situation in Nigeria. It's true that many nations have been exploited by the more advanced Western countries, but this is typically facilitated by the rulers of those nations themselves. In their greed and corruption, they throw open the gates to external influence not for the purpose of advancing their own people, but for perpetuating themselves in power.

Notable countries like Japan and the UAE have made signifcant progress and have even become forces to be reckoned with today, despite very strong interaction with the West. I don't think 'interference' by the West would always spell disaster if you look out for the welfare of your people.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by aribisala0(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
i really would like to know what did bill clinton DO with the CIGAR
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by adconline(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
This is why I have always clamoured for Nigerians to shun foreign surnames. All this foreign names are so rife in that region our president hails from.
Now whites are making fun of our president's name. What a shame.

Get a sense of HUMOR. Oh forgot, some of you were born tight-lipped and stiff at birth.
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by alexola20(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2011
Re: Bill And Hillary Clinton On Why They Admire GEJ by henry101(m): 6:04pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ibime:

Why una dey hate on Alabo hat na?

I'm one of those Ijaws with English first name and surname, and even ma middle name is not Nigerian. Hehehehehe.

Don't be surprised that a lot of these Ijaws answering Igbo names are actually slaves who having lost their Igbo identity preferred to take English names than Ijaw names. It wasn't worth taking Ijaw names since the Palm oil trade brought them to Ijaw land, they might as well find an English name that would make trade with the gringos easier. Such is the case with my family.

So ur family is Ijaw of Igbo descent? Funny,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Won’t Tolerate Kidnapping Of Policemen, IGP Warns / How ANN Will Checkmate PDP, APC — Olawepo-hashim, Presidential Aspirant / FEC Approves N58.4 Billion To Construct Bridge Linking Niger And Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.