Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,422 members, 7,958,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent (2910 Views)

Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent / Al-Mustapha Is Innocent - Fani Kayode / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Planner(m): 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2007
@tpia,

Are you trying to say that she did not say anything of such? Rather that it was just an exaggeration by someone trying to sell the papers?

I have never really liked Oprah that much. She is a male -basher and a gives undue covereage on gay/lesbian affairs.

Well, call me biased if you like but i am beginning to think that there is someone wrong with the way she present her shows.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Mamajama(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2007
Planner:

@tpia,

Are you trying to say that she did not say anything of such? Rather that it was just an exaggeration by someone trying to sell the papers?

I have never really liked Oprah that much. She is a male -basher and a gives undue covereage on gay/lesbian affairs.

Well, call me biased if you like but i am beginning to think that there is someone wrong with the way she present her shows.

KAI are you gay? or why do you care? grin grin
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by initiator(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2007
Many people on Nairaland are plain idle.

There's no link to show oprah made such a statement so why the fuss?
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by beetintin(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2007
@mamajama,

How will our boycotting O's show bring down her rating?    

What has your people done for this country to make us proud that
even the foreigners will have no choice than to praise them?    

I am amazed by the way we take issues here. Is it not always in the news
all our corrupt officials have been doing? Why should Oprah come and invest
here or even help us when our government keep stealing what belong to the
people.

If the money had been made to circulate, will there be so much corruption around?

The replies to this issue have been so embarrasing.

Shio  embarassed
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Tornadoz(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2007
The last thing we should do is piss off Oprah. The woman has so much influence Nigeria would be losers to even contemplate taking her on even if she said it. Oprah is too clever to allude to a nation of 150,000,000 people as all corrupt. I think the thread "All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey" should be moved to the joke section where it belongs.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Planner(m): 8:38pm On Jul 27, 2007
There's no link to show oprah made such a statement so why the fuss?

I earnestly hope so. angry
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by bluesky4(f): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2007
nowhere has it been proved that Oprah sed such a thing. This has just gone out of hand. Oprah is not stupid enough to say somethin like this, especially when she is such a public figure and people in Nigeria watch her show.

And BTW, Nigeria is the joint 5th most curropt country in the world

source: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html

we have decreased from previous years, from being 2nd most curropt to now 5th.

However this recent attention from media such as Oprah show has not done good to Nigeria's credibility. And even E-bay won't sell goods to people living in Nigeria.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Mustay(m): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2007
whi we go believe now?
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by MsEbz(f): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2007
Whether she said all of this or not, I've never been big on Oprah like at all.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by MILITIA(f): 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2007
Mustay:

whi we go believe now?

Definitely not from "Punch" Newspaper!!!  If people watched the show with Tommy Hilfilger and the Nigerian scam nonsense on Oprah---and felt they were "humiliated" why did they not go on an "Oprah" rampage then 

Now appearing on some "rogue" newspaper from Nigeria, most are making noise for nothing here!!!  Why are we not surprised  Super-Cyber-Amebos and Tatafos on Nairaland!!!!
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Bankole01(m): 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2007
MILITIA:

Definitely not from "Punch" Newspaper!!! If people watched the show with Tommy Hilfilger and the Nigerian scam nonsense on Oprah---and felt they were "humiliated" why did they not go on an "Oprah" rampage then

Now appearing on some "rogue" newspaper from Nigeria, most are making noise for nothing here!!! Why are we not surprised Super-Cyber-Amebos and Tatafos on Nairaland!!!![b][/b]

Kai, den no be Amebos, dem be bora 'gbe fila' and siata 'gbe geles'
you dis gal you 2 dey sabi cos peple 2 mush.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Mustay(m): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2007
PUNCH

GUARDIAN

THISDAY

DAILY INDEPENDENT

ARE REPUTABLE PAPERS MIITIA!
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by k0be: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2007
GUARDIAN

THISDAY

DAILY INDEPENDENT
don't lie out your ass. provide links to articles from guardian, thisday, and daily independent.
I await these links
punchng wanted to punch nigeria and that's exactly what they did.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Mustay(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2007
WTH!!!

i was referring 2 militia's post

punch aint that cheap
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by Mustay(m): 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2007
her forefathers were from naija ;d ;d
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by bluesky4(f): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2007
Mustay:

her forefathers were from naija ;d ;d

no they werent.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by denex: 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2007
I rather just stick with some stories from guardian.
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by buy1get3(m): 9:39am On Aug 04, 2011
oprah oprah, lmao
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by DabuIIIT: 10:13am On Sep 11, 2016
Practising
Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by DabuIIIT: 10:16am On Sep 11, 2016
buy1get3:
oprah oprah, lmao
buy1get3:
oprah oprah, lmao
buy1get3:
oprah oprah, lmao

1 Like

Re: Stop Bashing Oprah Winfrey She Is Innocent by DabuIIIT: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2016
G.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ngerian police force: criminals in Njgerias uniform / Jonathan Orders Security Agencies To Find Kidnapped Children ! / Jos Crisis: Several Commissions Of Inquiry, No Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.