Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,679 members, 7,823,917 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. (34779 Views)

Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade / Bbnaija Season 7: Nigerians Make Demand After Seeing Biggie On Streamy Video / Checkout 40 Nigerians That Own Rolls-Royces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Wealthyking94(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
I had my nieces over and an argument ensued that Wizkid, Davido, etc were the first to bring Nigeria into the limelight. I was bemused and had to educate them on several Nigerians that made Nigeria proud, even before the advent of the new superstars ( apologies if any taken). Here are some of the stars that shaped the music industry world wide…
Nas

doesn't have Nigerian roots.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by aspabay(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Afonja doing it in the past and present

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Duplik8t77(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nasty Nas. Legend

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by ednut1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Nas
Nasiru bin Olu Dara Jones, better known by his stage name Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur. Rooted in the New York hip hop scene, he is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Source: Wikipedia YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E
nas is not Nigerian. His father visited Nigeria to reconnect with his roots and got the name from an ifa priest . Majority of the people you listed here a foreigners with Nigerian roots.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Overrated833(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Who are they
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Businessman1986(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas ain't part of that group though . . .

Still salute to the Nigerians representing
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Omniman(m): 4:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Spaxon:
After seeing this, I felt so motivated. It changed my whole life , now I'm a successful person and became a trillionaire at a young age. I'm an engineer, pilot, medical doctor, architect and an astronaut. I got 20 Olympic gold medals, 10 Oscars, 7 Padma shree awards , 3 Noble prize award and 5 nominations. Next year I'm planning to buy moon. It all happened because of this , thank you so much admin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Trevor012(m): 4:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
Depressed101:
Oga just change your tittle to list of foreign musicians that are Nigerian
Don't mind the idiot

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Rahkman: 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas is not a nigerian u bumbling idiot

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by adelaja70(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Tunde Baiyewu of Light House Family is president OBJ step son....

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Jaysleeves(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
smiley
gaeul:
They neither shaped nor promoted it. The list should be;
1.Fela and Family
2.Wizkid
3-7 Add yours

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by brain54(m): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
Those you listed aren't based in or started from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Preetti(f): 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
NAS is not Nasiru

3 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Geeman2006: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
I dont think Nas has ever identified he is Nigerian or acknowledged his Nigerian roots!!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas is not Yoruba neither a Nigerian.
Will you people stop forcing American celebs to become your language or country citizen.
He (Nas)once said in an interview that his popcy had a Nigerian Yoruba friend who nicknamed him as "damilola"

5 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Skillsnigeria: 4:41pm On Dec 03, 2021
Noted
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Crownp(m): 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nice

When you playing that riding in your car ehnnnn

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by heniford2: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Sade Adu is a renowned musician known for her bedroom serenade. Helen Folasade Adu CBE, known professionally as Sade Adu or simply Sade, is a Nigerian-born British singer, songwriter, and actress, known as the lead singer of her eponymous band. One of the most successful British female artists in history. Credit: Wikipedia , YouTube

Notable songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QJmI_V3j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcPc18SG6uA
bro good stuff, but when we talk about local Nigeria to international you have those dude u mention are overseas high breed bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by nokspos: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
na real song we dey talk about here o , no be wa gba kondo
Grihish43:
Wizzy should be number one

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Throwback: 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas is not Nigerian.

Just that his father took up a Yoruba name (Oludara) during the Africanism consciousness that enveloped black America in the 50s and 60s.

Nas is Nasil not Nasir.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Simdyofficial(f): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
Fuckery cry wizzy number 1. Fela knows grin
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Realhommie(m): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Nas
Nasiru bin Olu Dara Jones, better known by his stage name Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur. Rooted in the New York hip hop scene, he is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Source: Wikipedia YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E
OP Nas has no Nigerian roots please.. Olu Dara was given to his Father by a Nigerian Priest, that's the only connection to Nigeria. Neither is his father Mr Olu Dara Jones a Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by pinkyruledworld(m): 4:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
I disagree with OP. Almost all of these Musicians never carried Nigeria on their neck while they were in the limelight.
They are just Nigerians in Diaspora, finish. I would even take Jidenna over the listed musicians.

Look at what Akon did when he came into limelight. The moment he blew, we all knew he was from Senegal. He said it in his songs and displayed the colors in his videos.

For me, its still Wizkid, Davido, Burna, Dbanj and Tuface and they all took naija to the world.

Nas is not a verified Nigerian.
Chamillionaire hardly spoke about his Nigerian origin

8 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Ofunaofu: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas is not Nigerian

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Realhommie(m): 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2021
Geeman2006:
I dont think Nas has ever identified he is Nigerian or acknowledged his Nigerian roots!!
Because he's not.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:48pm On Dec 03, 2021
From the list of names mentioned, I have not seen names of my brother from the Northern and South South part of the country.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by AsawanaDgreat: 4:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
I will join the list soon
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by shedy03(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ayomi90:
Dem use talent swear for Yorubas, always leading. God bless this tribe jare
Not a single Hausa/fulanis flying nija flag high. lol.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by KillAlabi2021(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nice

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
My music's so loud
I'm swangin'

I been drinkin' and smokin' holdin' shit 'cause a brother can't focus
Swerving all up in the curve man
Nigga been sippin' on that Hennessey

"My music so loud "
I thought it was

"My music sold out they hating

The dude was a wannabe that year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by miketayo(m): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
I had my nieces over and an argument ensued that Wizkid, Davido, etc were the first to bring Nigeria into the limelight. I was bemused and had to educate them on several Nigerians that made Nigeria proud, even before the advent of the new superstars ( apologies if any taken). Here are some of the stars that shaped the music industry world wide…

Ur niece was right, those stars are Americans and British, yeah they r Nigerians by birth or lineage, doesn't mean they rep Nigeria. If u mentioned fela or king sunny ade it would have made more sense

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Bastard1stborn: 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nice

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
My music's so loud
I'm swangin'

I been drinkin' and smokin' holdin' shit 'cause a brother can't focus
Swerving all up in the curve man
Nigga been sippin' on that Hennessey

Wow!!!

Released?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by TEEJHEY(m): 4:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Timagex:
I can bet my camera that, most people, including myself, are not familiar with the above names...

Check my signature... shocked
How old are u?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe Styles Her Son As An Igbo Boy / Jaaruma Empire Reacts To Regina Daniels' Marriage To Billionaire Ned / Uber Driver That Humiliated Khloe Narrates His Own Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.