Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. (34767 Views)

Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade / Bbnaija Season 7: Nigerians Make Demand After Seeing Biggie On Streamy Video / Checkout 40 Nigerians That Own Rolls-Royces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Gee64: 9:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
No Scientists among them. Only entertainers.

The Blackman still has a long way to go.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by uchaymart(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
Timagex:
I can bet my camera that, most people, including myself, are not familiar with the above names...

Check my signature... shocked

Not for your age
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Donmobi(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
kachistone:
Dear OP,all these people you mentioned are of Nigerian descent. I doubt if any of them grew up in Nigeria.

These people grew up in Nigeria and they took their music globally

1. Fela (Even University of Liverpool get Fela music for their curriculum)
2. Sinach (This woman won the song of the year in the Amen awards. The Amen award is the biggest gospel award in the world. "Way Maker is still the biggest Nigerian gospel song to go international).
3. Wiz Kid
4. Davido

Sinach!!!!
What an incredible woman!
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Donmobi(m): 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
sucess001:

You missed out three time Grammy award winner Kevin Olushola of Pentatonix

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Olusola

Drummer boy right?
E get reason y im no appear
I no go sha talk

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by kachistone: 10:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
Donmobi:

Sinach!!!!
What an incredible woman!

I'm telling you. Sinach is bigger abroad than in Nigeria. That song "Way Maker" had phenomenal sales outside Africa.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Gee64:
No Scientists among them. Only entertainers.

The Blackman still has a long way to go.

Your brain has a long way to go actually
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by kmaster007: 10:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Tubaba
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by rakabuba001(m): 11:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
This is an incomplete list. Without Dr. Mamman Shata the list is incomplete! He is the greatest musician to live on this planet. Rest in peace legend.

Akwaika da neman magana grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by King44(m): 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Nas
Nasiru bin Olu Dara Jones, better known by his stage name Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur. Rooted in the New York hip hop scene, he is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Source: Wikipedia YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E
this guy deny say him be Nigerian american till death, e believe say na part of the slave struggle he come from when him papa nam nasiru and a nigeusn old school sarxo
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Kuramushe(m): 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wow!!! Yaro Yaro Yaro me gan gan ....na go deh���������� Shatta ...... massive.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by kingsclass: 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
Remove Yoruba and Ibo from Nigeria, Nigeria will be empty.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by trevorhorace(m): 12:40am On Dec 04, 2021
Spaxon:
After seeing this, I felt so motivated. It changed my whole life , now I'm a successful person and became a trillionaire at a young age. I'm an engineer, pilot, medical doctor, architect and an astronaut. I got 20 Olympic gold medals, 10 Oscars, 7 Padma shree awards , 3 Noble prize award and 5 nominations. Next year I'm planning to buy moon. It all happened because of this , thank you so much admin

Your high is high grin
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Nobody: 1:42am On Dec 04, 2021
Oblongata:
Seal (Olumide)

Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel, known professionally as Seal, is a British singer-songwriter. He has sold over 20 million records worldwide, with hit songs "Crazy" and "Killer", the latter of which went to number one in the UK, and his most celebrated song, "Kiss from a Rose
Credit: Wikipedia , YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivLt9cTaio

I was just humming to to this song on seeing your thread.

I tot it was lighthouse that did it.

Oh, childhood.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Athemisia: 2:33am On Dec 04, 2021
Juniorangel:
1. Sunny Okosun
2. Ras Kimono
3. Evi-Edna
4. Onyeka Onwenu.
5. Sunny Ade.
6. Felix Liberty.
7. Sunny Nneji.
And many more...
OP this should be ur list.
No fela and Tony Allen
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:54am On Dec 04, 2021
rakabuba001:

Akwaika da neman magana grin
grin
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by lawflec(m): 5:54am On Dec 04, 2021
Nas is not a Nigerian
Oblongata:
Nas
Nasiru bin Olu Dara Jones, better known by his stage name Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur. Rooted in the New York hip hop scene, he is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Source: Wikipedia YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:19am On Dec 04, 2021
kay29000:

Nas dad a bishop? Please where did you hear this one? Nas dad has always been and still is a musician... He traveled the world in the 60s and 70s, that's when he adopted that name. He is Muslim, so he named his sons, Nasir and Jabari... He didn't name Nas after any neighbor's son.

If you knew all about it, why didn't you clear the air before? grin you made me spew nonsense. lipsrsealed

I was high on colored water while texting that info. Thanks shaaa

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by nkiliuzo(m): 6:55am On Dec 04, 2021
your nieces get brain pass you! see the people you're mentioning, none started from Nigeria nor do they rep Nigeria, even mentioned Nas! you well sho
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by ezechi24(m): 9:30am On Dec 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nice

When you playing that riding song in your car ehnnnn... very sweet..screeching your tires....screeching the wheels....holding your staring with the left hand....grinding....roll or wind down your glass...Making a fast over take and sharp left and right turn on the helm street while the riding song is playing.....them baby girls will be tripping

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty

lol....this guy ...ur sick i swear
My music's so loud
I'm swangin'

I been drinkin' and smokin' holdin' shit 'cause a brother can't focus
Swerving all up in the curve man
Nigga been sippin' on that Hennessey
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by 7508: 9:41am On Dec 04, 2021
Una don start again o!

Nas no be naija pelsin biko!
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Hausa(m): 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nice

When you playing that riding song in your car ehnnnn... very sweet..screeching your tires....screeching the wheels....holding your staring with the left hand....grinding....roll or wind down your glass...Making a fast over take and sharp left and right turn on the helm street while the riding song is playing.....them baby girls will be tripping

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
My music's so loud
I'm swangin'

I been drinkin' and smokin' holdin' shit 'cause a brother can't focus
Swerving all up in the curve man
Nigga been sippin' on that Hennessey
Gets madder with the remix with Krayzie Bone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Hausa(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
Was always a big fan of Seal's Kiss from a Rose.

So badass.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by calcal: 1:38am On Dec 05, 2021
gaeul:
They neither shaped nor promoted it. The list should be;
1.Fela and Family
2.Wizkid
3-7 Add yours

Bro, you are correct.

That list from the OP, they are not Nigerians, we should stop fooling around.

The fact that you are born to Nigerian parents did not make you be a Nigerian.

Shade is an American.

The zoo has the home base musicians, singing in Nigerian English and dialects.

Actually, eager to see the likes of Wasiu Ayinde, Stephen Osita, Muhammed Adamu, etc., or is the OP a shame to mention the home base?
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Hausa(m): 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
calcal:

Bro, you are correct.

That list from the OP, they are not Nigerians, we should stop fooling around.

The fact that you are born to Nigerian parents did not make you be a Nigerian.

Shade is an American.

The zoo has the home base musicians, singing in Nigerian English and dialects.

Actually, eager to see the likes of Wasiu Ayinde, Stephen Osita, Muhammed Adamu, etc., or is the OP a shame to mention the home base?
If you mean Sade Adụ, she's British.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Spaxon(f): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Chiffy:

You forgot to become the president of Nigeria

i no wake up from that dream asap
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Chiffy: 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
Spaxon:

i no wake up from that dream asap

Shebi na you dey aspire to inspire. I just say make I highlight am for you. Maybe you can replicate you amazing achievements on the Nigerian economy
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Crownp(m): 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Crownp:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OJB Jezreel Buried At Ikoyi Cemetery (Photos) / Liz Benson's Daughter's Traditional Wedding In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Halima Abubakar Stuns In Native Attire (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.