Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. (34768 Views)

Before Afrobeats, We Took Nigerian Entertainment Worldwide — Omotola Jalade / Bbnaija Season 7: Nigerians Make Demand After Seeing Biggie On Streamy Video / Checkout 40 Nigerians That Own Rolls-Royces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by gibsonwales(m): 4:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas is not a Nigerian and it is Nasir, not Nasiru tongue !! The 'Olu Dara' in his surname was given to his Father (Charles Jones III) by a Yoruba priest whom he met when he visited Nigeria. Nas rapped about it in his song ' bridging the gap'. The lyrics below

'Then he got grown, changed his name to Olu
Come on, tell 'em 'bout the places you gone to
I been to Saudi Arabia, Mozambique
Madagascar, Paris, Greece
The Middle Africa is where we lived
Better known as Queenbridge'

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by mancoconut: 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
SpatialKing:
Op please change the title to 7 Nigerians of Yoruba/Oduduwa descendants that shaped Entertainment world
7 of them are not all Yorubas you low IQ idiot

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
All this year's, I am just hearing that NAS my favourite rapper of then is Nigerian and his name is Oludara shocked shocked shocked
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by oscar52: 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
List is not complete without Sunny Ade. His name is on the Hollywood walk of fame, on the wall of the legendary 1st avenue music hall, Woodstock hall of fame etc.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by TemmyT002(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wow. So Nas is a Nigerian
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by shedy03(m): 4:59pm On Dec 03, 2021
Timagex:
I can bet my camera that, most people, including myself, are not familiar with the above names...

Check my signature... shocked
Yeah indomie generation.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by BabaIbo: 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
OP, there is no way you will do it without including P-Square.

They took Nigeria international before all these kpankpangolo people took over.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by vivalavida(m): 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
SpatialKing:
Op please change the title to 7 Nigerians of Yoruba/Oduduwa descendants that shaped Entertainment world

So lemar ugochukwu na yoruba boi too?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by QueTeddy: 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Nas
Nasiru bin Olu Dara Jones, better known by his stage name Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur. Rooted in the New York hip hop scene, he is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Source: Wikipedia YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E

I think Nas was just named because the father liked the Yoruba name not because he originated from Yoruba land.

3 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Canberra55: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Nice

When you playing that riding in your car ehnnnn... very sweet..screeching your tires....screeching the wheels....holding your staring with the left hand....grinding....roll or wind down your glass...

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty
My music's so loud
I'm swangin'

I been drinkin' and smokin' holdin' shit 'cause a brother can't focus
Swerving all up in the curve man
Nigga been sippin' on that Hennessey

You forget to post that your copy-and-paste list of musicians �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by gibsonwales(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
Timagex:
I can bet my camera that, most people, including myself, are not familiar with the above names...

Check my signature... shocked

Actually, I know all of them. You must be below 25 if you're not familiar with any grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Kojochyke(m): 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr Isoright
Nice
When you playing that riding in your car ehnnnn

They see me rollin' They hatin' Patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty My music's so loud I'm swangin'
I been drinkin' and smokin' holdin' shit 'cause a brother can't focus Swerving all up in the curve man Nigga been sippin' on that Hennessey
i swear bros... U r a real niggar. Na now I kno.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Kingcalls: 5:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Nas
Nasiru bin Olu Dara Jones, better known by his stage name Nas, is an American rapper, songwriter, and entrepreneur. Rooted in the New York hip hop scene, he is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential rappers of all time. Source: Wikipedia YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOURZ-yx4E

Nas is not a Nigerian.... his father is only friends to a Nigerian and named Nas after him

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Kingcalls: 5:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
SpatialKing:

Apart from shade aduband seal any of them reach Dr Alban?? Or does lemar look like yoruba to u??
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Abujaexpress: 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
Where is Dr..Alban? Where is Fela Kuti?

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by QueTeddy: 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
All this year's, I am just hearing that NAS my favourite rapper of then is Nigerian and his name is Oludara shocked shocked shocked

He's not Yoruba

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by sisisioge: 5:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
grin grin
Oblongata:
Seal (Olumide)

Henry Olusegun Adeola Samuel, known professionally as Seal, is a British singer-songwriter. He has sold over 20 million records worldwide, with hit songs "Crazy" and "Killer", the latter of which went to number one in the UK, and his most celebrated song, "Kiss from a Rose
Credit: Wikipedia , YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yivLt9cTaio

The way I take love this guy ehhmn....he makes me think of naughty things. He's unusually handsome to me kiss

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by sisisioge: 5:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Oblongata:
Sade Adu is a renowned musician known for her bedroom serenade. Helen Folasade Adu CBE, known professionally as Sade Adu or simply Sade, is a Nigerian-born British singer, songwriter, and actress, known as the lead singer of her eponymous band. One of the most successful British female artists in history. Credit: Wikipedia , YouTube

Notable songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8QJmI_V3j4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcPc18SG6uA

Sade is an eternal darling kiss

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Fulmigati: 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
NAS is an American.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by dontai(m): 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas kè, that one no follow. Do your research well bro.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Juniorangel(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
1. Sunny Okosun
2. Ras Kimono
3. Evi-Edna
4. Onyeka Onwenu.
5. Sunny Ade.
6. Felix Liberty.
7. Sunny Nneji.
And many more...
OP this should be ur list.

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by emonis88: 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Op most of these people on Nairaland r kids so they won't know about these musicians. But it is good as u r enlightening them,sade, lighthouse family, seal, n lemar were part of my favorites , en Ash is also a lady who had impacted on the music in Nigeria, it is just that these people eventually don't want to come back n settle in Nigeria, but u go blame them.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by spass101(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
This is an incomplete list. Without Dr. Mamman Shata the list is incomplete! He is the greatest musician to live on this planet. Rest in peace legend.

Word. but many people don't know him

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by jrusky(m): 5:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
I know a articular region will never be in the list but if its about terrorism, beheading, raping they will be number one to 100 as Nigerian.

God bless the South.
God bless Nigeria and God punish all jihaddist, terrorist religion rapist.
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas is not in anyway a Nigerian. His dad was a Bishop who happened to be a neighbor to a Nigerian minister. The neighbors (i.e, the Nigerian) had a child called Nasir oluwadare,. Nas' dad loved the name and had to name his son after him.

Let's not be evenly yoke with fake info.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Timagex(m): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
gibsonwales:

The only name I'm not not familiar with on the list is Tennie Tempah, the rest I know them. You must be below 25 if you're not familiar with any grin

I'm over 25 sir. I don't know them... grin
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
that list is incomplete.....where is FELA and his sons?!?!

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Chiffy: 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
Spaxon:
After seeing this, I felt so motivated. It changed my whole life , now I'm a successful person and became a trillionaire at a young age. I'm an engineer, pilot, medical doctor, architect and an astronaut. I got 20 Olympic gold medals, 10 Oscars, 7 Padma shree awards , 3 Noble prize award and 5 nominations. Next year I'm planning to buy moon. It all happened because of this , thank you so much admin

You forgot to become the president of Nigeria
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Sade Adu has 2grammy award already wink respect

1 Like

Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by abeliver: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
these ones na foreigners na...
make una no spoil wetin Davido dey build...
Re: 7 Nigerians That Shaped Entertainment Worldwide. by ukaface(f): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nas na Nasiru
Na Nigerian
When?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar Stuns In Native Attire (photo) / Dayo Amusa: MC Oluomo Makes The World A Happy Place / Yung6ix: Women With Stretch Marks On Their Buttocks Turn Me On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.