Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP (8543 Views)

APC Ignore Sit-at-home Order, Fix Rally In Anambra  On Monday / Umahi: I'm Unbothered By Court Ruling On My Sack. I've Even Added Weight / Saraki’s Impeachment Plot: Will APC Ignore Due Process? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Kosiso12(f): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
"I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP - Gov. Umahi

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State denied a statement "credited to an acclaimed Chieftain of the People's Democratic Party in Abia State, Dr. Isaac Nkole in which he hinted that Umahi is making contacts to return to the depleted Umbrella, the PDP."

Speaking through his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr Francis Nwaze, Umahi said he is at home with the All Progressives Congress, APC.

A statement sent to IGBERE TV by Nwaze said he wouldn't have bothered responding to that phony publication from the fly-by-night but we have freely elected to make a few clarifications to save the public especially users of the Social Media space from noise pollution."

The statement reads in parts,

"According to the publication, the acclaimed PDP's Chieftain claimed that the moves by His Excellency to return to his former Party is due to discovery that he was deceived into joining the All Progressives Congress, APC."

"First, I like to confirm that the statement is completely false, it is aimed at painting our Governor black and causing bad blood between him and the crew members of the next level train in Ebonyi State and Nigeria at large."

"It is worthy of note that His Excellency made a landmark departure from the opposition political party out of personal conviction and freewill volition last year for the obvious irredeemable marginalization of Ndigbo."

"It is understandable that those on the other side of the divide still miss the leadership acumen of Engineer Umahi hence the reason they are now praying hard that the unexpected happens to bring back the genius to their fold."

"But His Excellency has since moved on and has made the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC his home, enjoying the full compliments of being a party at the center, and does not need to even contemplate returning to the perforated umbrella."

"While charging Dr. Isaac Nkole to beware of the existence of the laws on fake news, I urge the general public, especially the Stakeholders and members of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Ebonyi State and across the country to disregard the hoax which is one of the antics of opposition political desperados to severe the social cohesion and harmony existing in the Party out of jealousy."

STAY WITH IGBERE TV. AFRICA'S NO1 COMMUNITY TV.

https://igberetvnews.com/1407823/im-home-apc-ignore-news-possible-return-pdp-gov-umahi/

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by nairavsdollars(f): 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Yeye. APC can deceive people sha

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Awkabigboy: 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy politicians sha

But of the truth, umahi was much more powerful under PDP

20 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by fergie001: 5:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
*PRESS RELEASE*

The All Progressives Congress, APC Ebonyi State has got the news making rounds on the media with the heading, "Orji Kalu, Umahi in desperate move to return to PDP" which was credited to a PDP Chieftain in Abia State, Dr Isaac Nkole published on December 2, 2021. In his words, Dr Nkole said, ”We heard that Gov. Dave Umahi also wants to return to PDP. They have all discovered that they made the wrong decision by joining APC in the first place. That’s why they all want to return..."

The above statement came as an adjunct to an allegation by the said Nkole that the Former Governor of Abia State and Senate Chief Whip, His Excellency, Sen. Dr Orji Uzor Kalu is planning to go back to PDP.

We in Ebonyi APC wish to say that the news is not only fake, laughable but also gibberish and jaundiced as the Chairman of Southeast Governors' Forum, the Leader of our great party, All Progressives Congress APC and Executive Governor of Ebonyi State, His Excellency, Engr Chief David Nweze Umahi, FNSE FNATE has at no time and will never plan to return to People's Democratic Party PDP.

Gov David Umahi's defection to the national party did not come to him as stupefaction, neither did he join for selfish enrichment. The defection was a well-thought movement which was decided in the greater interest of Ebonyi State in particular and the Southeast in general. His Excellency saw the need to toe the line of the former nationalists like Late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe (Zik of Africa) and others from Southeast who had always believed in the politics of the centre, consequent upon his decision to take our dear state and Southeast to the grid of national politics.

His Excellency as a father and leader of Southeast saw that the present and the future time of the zone is brighter and more promising in APC than the PDP in which the zone had partnered, put up with and worked for twenty years with nothing to show for it. Gov Umahi defected to APC in order to join hands with an Icon of Integrity, and a selfless leader President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR and other well meaning Nigerians in taking Nigeria to the next level. Under President Muhammadu Buhari' s APC led government, every part of Southeast has benefitted in infrastructural development and the only way to appreciate Mr President is to join him in the next level transformation agenda, and that is the leading reason Gov Umahi defected to APC.

It is on record that Chief Umahi has done exceedingly greater than his contemporaries as a governor in this dispensation. Ebonyi State has for last six years witnessed uncommon infrastructural development, human capital development and empowerment under the governor. Significantly, Ebonyi State has become a reference point of good governance under Chief Umahi. As the leader of Southeast, Gov Umahi has also demostrated commitment, patriotism, extraordinary capacity and knowledgeability in the manner he pilots the affairs of the zone. To that effect, we warn that no one should dare distracting the governor who is highly committed to providing quality leadership to Ebonyi people.

Finally, we wish to state bodaciously that Gov Umahi has not, either in person, a representative or through a surrogate made and will never make any move to return to the Social Club known as POP. He is at home in APC as the Ebonyi State Leader of the party for more than one year today. Members of the public should therefore disregard the misleading news as it is the figment of the imagination of the originator who lives in nothing but mischief making and illusionary disposition.

Signed:

Ogbuatu Chidi Simbad,
APC Publicity Secretary,
Ebonyi State
3rd, December, 2021

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 6:54pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ndi mkpuru mmiris will feel uncomfortable with this news

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Lawmak: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Trust no man. Politicians are so reckless.

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by bigdammyj: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Your headache
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by ignis: 6:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
This political prostitute is still making noise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by JackDaAlienz(m): 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ok
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Abbeyme: 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
We can ignore the report of possbile return to apc until the price is right.
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by seunmsg(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
While the clarification is a welcome development, whatever you decide won’t hurt APC. Oja oyingbo ni APC, komope enikan o wa.

People who did not contribute to the victory of the party in 2015 and 2019 cannot determine the fate of the party in 2023.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Elvixbeatz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
angry angry angry angry. All Nigerian politicians are shameless... U can't shame dem..... Oga if u feel APC can't mk ur dreams come tru oga decamp jare
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Abujason: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Story!
Everyone knows you have been lamenting about your mistake joining the terrorist party.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by paddyDIGITAL(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Birds of the same feathers flock.
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by money121(m): 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Yimu
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by tfelicityk(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
This govenor is politically brave and wise...

2 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hmmm issoright

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by baggioni: 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2021
cheesy
I love the way he used those words "I am at home in APC... "
It is what it is cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Franking: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
U can stay in GNPP for all I care.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Hubeznigeria(m): 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
Let's hope he's not like our brother from the other side that says exactly the opposite of what he means.

May we never be unfortunate
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Nnamdinaija(m): 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2021
"But His Excellency has since moved on and has made the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC his home, enjoying the full compliments of being a party at the center, and does not need to even contemplate returning to the perforated umbrella."

Perforated Umbrella ??

ATAT BUILDING CONSTRUCTION (The Best of professionals)
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by baggioni: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Abujason:
Story!
Everyone knows you have been lamenting about your mistake joining the terrorist party.
Who are the "everyone "?
Name one please
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by specialmati(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Equation89(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
The same way you denied when the news of trying to decamp to APC was flying.

We are watching

1 Like

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by baggioni: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2021
seunmsg:
While the clarification is a welcome development, whatever you decide won’t hurt APC. Oja oyingbo ni APC, komope enikan o wa.

People who did not contribute to the victory of the party in 2015 and 2019 cannot determine the fate of the party in 2023.
Gbamsolutely! You be man
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by Abujason: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
baggioni:

Who are the "everyone "?
Name one please

Most people with brain can see that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by alfred007(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Story
Re: Umahi: I'm At Home In APC, Ignore News On Possible Return To PDP by InoGetJoy: 7:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
APC = PDP = APC while nairaland zombies keep killing themselves over party affiliations

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bashar Isah: Malami, Others Will Resign Before APC Primaries / Benue Assembly Suspends Sitting Over Unpaid Salaries / Tinubu Presents Budget Wednesday, FEC Okays $1 Billion Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.