Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Must You Control The One You Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must You Control The One You Love? (2141 Views)

Guys, How Do You Control Attention In Public Places / Who Has The Right To A Tv Remote Control, The Husband Or The Wife? / Ladies How Do You Control Your Guy In A Situation Of Konji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Control The One You Love? by LordReed(m): 9:22am On Jun 11, 2011
When you love someone is that not enough? Do you need to exercise control?

I feel control is for dogs and children not for fully grown adults with minds and desires of their own.

What do you think?
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MsPotato(f): 9:23am On Jun 11, 2011
Control in terms of what? shocked
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Control in terms of what? shocked

In terms of making your partner do everything you say, make them jump through the hoops just to please you, demand certain behaviour no matter how inconvenient or untimely.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by 190: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
Lord reed can i control you with my remote controller angry angry
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by aminalib(f): 2:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
I believe people who always want to control someone is not secure with themselves,
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by LordReed(m): 3:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
190:

Lord reed can i control you with my remote controller angry angry

Your controller doesn't have the software or hardware requirements. cheesy tongue
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by upendo98(f): 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2011
I understand control to mean 'not giving the person freedom to choose anything on their own or be themselves at all.
Its of course not good. A human being will take it for a while but will soon break.And when they break you dont wanna be close to them.They become wild and maul you.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MrsChima(f): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2011
Lord_Reed:

When you love someone is that not enough? Do you need to exercise control?

I feel control is for dogs and children not for fully grown adults with minds and desires of their own.

What do you think?

You impressed me. cheesy
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by izeek(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
There is def no reason to tryy controlling your spouse, as it simply proves a sign of insecurity and weakness.

But all relationship has to have ome level of discipline and authority, and the one supposedly welding that authority has to show it with maturity.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by LordReed(m): 3:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You impressed me. cheesy

LoL! But I always do wink

izeek:

There is def no reason to tryy controlling your spouse, as it simply proves a sign of insecurity and weakness.

But all relationship has to have one level of discipline and authority, and the one supposedly welding that authority has to show it with maturity.

Nice one. I agree.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by aameyah(f): 3:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
A person who controls does it as a sign of fear, insecurity and what not.
You mustn't put another person down just to feel like a man. Why should your partner cower in fear before you? Is it supposd to be a relationship or a military regime? Smh.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Dyt(f): 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
Sm men cant do witout it
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MsPotato(f): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2011
Reed, what I do know about relationships is that both must be able to accept at least 90% of each other behaviours in the most comfortable way without having to try to change the person completely. Cause if you feel like alot of things about her is not suitable for u and u feel like u want to control her, than she is not the one for u.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Mynd44: 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
Hmm
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MrsChima(f): 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
Lord_Reed:

LoL! But I always do wink

Not always. angry angry

izeek:

But all relationship has to have ome level of discipline and authority, and the one supposedly welding that authority has to show it with maturity.

Sorry did you just described a parent to child relationship?

I am just asking.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by enyojo(f): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2011
Real Love does not control.
Real love draws out submission from the Beloved.

Submission is simply 'Willing Obedience and yieldedness'.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by octar6: 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
izeek:

control is a strong word.but then some1 has to be in charge just to checkmate errors.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by izeek(m): 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
@octar, i believe what you mean is that there should be some level of discipline and a sense of direction.

@mrs chima, i never described a parent to child relationship.
Am talking of a proper home, where a man and a woman are living as married couple.
You dont just expect that each party does as he/she pleases do you.
Someone has to lead, could be the guy or the girl, but must be done in a subtle manner.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
@Poster
people out to control their partners are fooling themselves into believing that this person is the right one for them , when obviously it aint. no matter how hard they try to change their partner, the real them will come right back eventually, thus it is just a waste of time and energy to try to control someone.

people should let their partner be who they truly are. . . . . . . . . . . if that person is what they look for, GOOD, if they aint, GOOD now they can move on to a better one!

also, unfortunately, some people out there want/need to be controlled, they are quick to give away their right to have a mind of their own for the good of "BB, RENT" and what not!!!!
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MrsChima(f): 12:24am On Jun 12, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Poster
people out to control their partners are fooling themselves into believing that this person is the right one for them , when obviously it aint. no matter how hard they try to change their partner, the real them will come right back eventually, thus it is just a waste of time and energy to try to control someone.

people should let their partner be who they truly are. . . . . . . . . . . if that person is what they look for, GOOD, if they aint, GOOD now they can move on to a better one!

also, unfortunately, some people out there want/need to be controlled, they are quick to give away their right to have a mind of their own for the good of "BB, RENT" and what not!!!!

If you have to control a GROWN MAN OR WOMAN then you need not to be with them. It is simple as 1,2, and 3.

izeek:

@octar, i believe what you mean is that there should be some level of discipline and a sense of direction.

@mrs chima, i never described a parent to child relationship.
Am talking of a proper home, where a man and a woman are living as married couple.
You dont just expect that each party does as he/she pleases do you.
Someone has to lead, could be the guy or the girl, but must be done in a subtle manner.

You said discipline and authority automatically my mind shifted to child/parent relationship. A married couple working in partnership and understanding will be the best way to go. In traditional marriage, men are considered the leader however too many men can't even spell leader let alone lead IN THIS WORLD. Sad.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 12, 2011
^^ the problem is that, as i posted earlier, some people NEED such kind of person in their lives to feel SECURE about their own lives. control with money, control with decisions in the home, control in the daily grind of that union.
read on NL how some men would rather that their wives stay home doing nothing rather than going to work. not all men out there can handle a REAL woman!
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MrsChima(f): 12:43am On Jun 12, 2011
MBJ! You make me sick! angry angry angry
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 12, 2011
^^ what did i say to make you sick? and whats this new (190) trend of changing your sexuality on NL?
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MrsChima(f): 3:33am On Jun 12, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^ what did i say to make you sick? and whats this new (190) trend of changing your sexuality on NL?

I don't like agreeing with male species and I agree with what you are said below

MRbrownJAY:

^^ the problem is that, as i posted earlier, some people NEED such kind of person in their lives to feel SECURE about their own lives. control with money, control with decisions in the home, control in the daily grind of that union.
read on NL how some men would rather that their wives stay home doing nothing rather than going to work. not all men out there can handle a REAL woman!

Don't get too happy! angry It doesn't happen too often! cheesy
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by tutuwater(m): 6:35am On Jun 12, 2011
@ all, if we all chastize those that control

what will be the lot of those desribed as naturally domineering, controlling and stable.

Are you all saying they are not entitled to find love?
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by iice(f): 6:37am On Jun 12, 2011
Some measure of control yes.
If the person is a spender and you're tight with money. . .when he/she rushes to the store, the other reminds him/her that that money is better used for something important especially if the couple is already hard up.
Humans are chaotic. . .in their heads, with their actions and with receiving consequences.  Some measure of control is needed.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by marcus1234: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2011
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MMM2(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
op
if u
want .
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Reference(m): 5:10pm On Jun 12, 2011
I feel there is a predisposing view of the meaning of control here. I think we should be graduate the term. I certainly don't want to be in anything without a control. Haba.
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by Dsense(m): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2011
OP.

Yep, we should always control them . . .Most of em feature rigor madness undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by MrsChima(f): 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2011
I know the POSTER is not talking about being there for your spouse or partner in their time of needs. Control as in being the one to make the final decision and scold the other person if they are not obeying the controller.

Controlling a woman or man that spends money is not going to help because resentment is unpredictable and uncontrollable. But good luck on that people!
Re: Must You Control The One You Love? by pepperoni(f): 3:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
@topic, such attitude is common among GUYS, dey always wanna be in control, and its bull-shit!!!

(1) (Reply)

Loving The Wrong Person / His African Food... / Let's Talk About The "Silent Treatment".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.