Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,320 members, 7,954,283 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections (18901 Views)

Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria 'uninhabitable' For Young People / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria 'uninhabitable' For Young People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
JOemmy:

I won't disagree with you that there won't be some form of crises at the beginning but at the end there will definitely be a lasting peace, equity and justice for everyone not like the peace of the grave yard we are currently enjoying in nigeria today.
Name one developed nation that didn't fought any war amongst themselves before getting to were they are today?

The way you guys like war, I dey fear.

War is not funny business.

Plus my problem with Nigeria is that Nigerians think there is a national cake. There is no national cake. There is only efforts being made to develop productive capacity.

But Nigerians would rather eat cake.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Bamzyriches451: 6:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Naija no Dey split, make him gettat
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by vibratingpenis: 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
[[s]quote author=vibratingpenis post=108210535]

Sniffing gum is much more dangerous, it is gum sniffing that propagates billions of almajiris without any future in the north as they are potential gum sniffers and tramadol snorters as mohammed was busy over dosing on opium and potential terrorists and child rapers like allah. [/s]

Still barking down the wrong tree, like I said earlier, seek help.

FVCK off.

Seriously that I need help? At least am not controlled by one calamitous arse hole allah and his piglet scavenger mohammed. You need your brain formatted from the diabolic occultic idiotic barbaric and worthless religion of pieces and blood suckers, look at what the worthless religion did to afghanistan, look at what you guys are doing to yourselves up north murdering your fellow humans in the name of one nymphomaniac sadistic and blood thirsty idiot called allah.

Anyway allah invented drugs partly to recruit 1mbec1les like mohammed and smelly skunks like you to be updating his blood bank, you guys should keep killing yourselves after'all that is what we need for others to progress then you almajiris can go 4k yourselves or if your numbers are small, I heard you guys now
4k your cows and goats and those animals are giving birth to morons that now eat grass. Nincompoop and religion of dead carcasses. Thank God that your mohammed is now swimming in the large intestines of one medina pig that exhumed the idiot and ate his petrifying poisonous corpse, lest I forget I remembered read he died like a rabid dog, blood gushing from his ear, tears flowing from his eyes, catarrh from his nose and saliva foaming from his mouth that is after the giangatuan seizure that he had from the poison zainab gave him when he went to rape the young innocent girl, I really pity how painful and miserable he died. Maybe he thought that after massacring her village and husband that he can now bring out that his STI infested penis to rape the young woman, not every lady is like the promiscuous aisha that he started penising at 6 years old. Oh! Let me not forget how as a madman with his brain in the tip of his foreskin, he almost raped his fellow man because the dude was wearing a flowing gown. You idiots really covered lots of things in this you guys most useless religion islam and we are here to expose it and speak the gospel truth about it. When will you guys understand that your allah is useless and that mohammed was a simple thief and an urchin, a dirty smelly vagabond who had no future except to rape children and kill?

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Sunnyja: 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
I can't factor why people who are supposed to be carriers of good news, hope and bright future has turned their selves to doomsday preachers & naysayers.
May Nigeria succeed.
Did you even read the article. What good news is he suppose to carry with bandits running amok, imposing taxes on citizens and deciding who goes where and when?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by JBRichard(m): 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:
Nigeria is not going to split for the following reasons (my opinion)

1.The minority tribes don't want Nigeria to split. Sure, most minority tribes are not enjoying Nigeria, but splitting Nigeria leaves them exposed to the rapacious bigger tribes. No thanks.

2.The elite don't want Nigeria to split...especially those with business interests across the country

3.The political class don't want Nigeria to split. No chances to loot.

4.International community too doesn't want Nigeria to split...because 1) higher oil prices 2) refugees swarming their countries....

5.Even most secessionists on this site don't want Nigeria to split. They back secessionists because they want to scare the North out of power, not because they want to leave Nigeria.(Wait till election starts, and 90% of the Biafranists and OOduaists will be backing PDP. E get why.)

6.As one recent article on banditry reveals, the bandits themselves are not one unified group, fight among themselves, and create more problems for themselves than the country.

7.Did I mention that most secessionists don't want Nigeria to split, and that most of them are more interested in their side winning the power game, than secession? Secession to them is a last card to play when all hope is lost.

8. Splitting Nigeria now, is not as clear cut as it was in 1966-7. Old Biafra is split into two, and the South SOuth wants resource control, rather than splitting up

9.As much as Ibos and Yorubas scream loud and clear about 'WE CAN SURVIVE ON OUR OWN' the fact is, in the event of a split, and in the event of the South South refusing to join either side...the fact is, (and you can abuse me all day long, but facts is facts)...Iboland and Yoruba land cannot survive without oil money...and are just dependent on oil money as the Hausas, and the Middle Belt.

Or where do you think Ibo and Yoruba states get most of their revenue for budget from (apart from Lagos)? OIL MONEY.(Or why do you think no Southern governor stood up to contradict El Rufai when he made the comment about subsidy needing to go or governors won't have money for their budgets next year? If Southern states were standing on their own financially, they would have said that he is on his own. Their silence shows they agree with him).

10. Most of Nigeria does not rely on export of industrial products to survive. Thus in the event of a split, all the new countries, apart from the South South, would end up relying on agriculture...and even if the SOuth south goes with Biafra...oil. All these commodites have one thing in common...the price of all of them is set elsewhere.

And that means, that at the end of the day, Oodua and Biafra are going to be as debt ridden as many African countries. You think I am lying? Most African countries that 'rely on agriculture' are in debt, some even higher than Nigeria's own.

And even if Biafra gets 'the oil' with the SOuth south...the same thing applies. At the end...Biafra would be debt ridden.

We haven't talked about the North. Sure the North has 'mineral and agricultural resources...but at the end of the day, who is setting the international prices for all these resources? They don't live in Kaduna, and Sokoto, that's what I know.

11. Let's even talk about agriculture. Less than 10% of our agric is mechanized. If we want to compete on the international market....we would have a real battle on our hands. We won't get the right international price of our agric goods. Western farms, with their tech, better soils , better soil management, better farming practice, would run us into the ground.

Remember that most African countries who 'rely on agriculture' are debt ridden. (Ghana has a debt of 26 billion dollars, Burkina 4 billion dollars,Kenya 35.9 billion dollars)

12. In the event of a split...there would be war. And anyone who tells me otherwise should go and rest. There is going to be a fight over resources , and it would be neverending.

13. Of course, any new nation arising from Nigeria, in ten years is going to be broke and poor, is what I am trying to say.

Nigeria is a contraption, but the alternatives are far far worse.
I really like the way you pointed out the demerits of our splitting and almost all are negatives-everyone for their bellies. Nonetheless, we will be be better of accountable if we split. Let's face the war or the shortcomings now than wait in the future when things will be much much worse (if things should go this way). Had it been we split during Ojuku times, we won't be in this mess

2 Likes

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
JBRichard:

I really like the way you pointed out the demerits of our splitting and almost all are negatives-everyone for their bellies. Nonetheless, we will be be better of accountable if we split. Let's face the war or the shortcomings now than wait in the future when things will be much much worse (if things should go this way). Had it been we split during Ojuku times, we won't be in this mess

Let's say the split happened

1.Northern and Western Nigeria become severely broke in the 1970's,...when agricultural prices fell worldwide...and continue to be broke till today. (And in debt)

2.Biafra becomes prosperous in the `1970's thanks to oil....only for the oil price crash of the year 1982 to hit Biafra badly...meaning by 1987, Biafra has to take the SAP medicaiton.

At the end of the day, all countries become broke.

3.You won't like war. War is awful. After all, ask the people living in Boko hunting grounds how they are enjoying the war up there. Plus the Civil war was not funny, and was horrible. Not again

4.Nigeria is underdeveloped for the same reason 90% of African countries who don't have any FUlani ruling them are underdeveloped...they are all resource dependent countries who sell raw materials, and use the revenue to import stuff at a value bigger than the value of their exports. Then we think there is a national cake, when there is a national loaf of bread.

Infact, go and meet the Biafranist, the ooduaist, the APC supporter, the PDP supporter, the bandits, even Boko mad-men....they all make the same complaint...we are not getting enough of the national cake. So we have to fight or play cunny politics or whatever.

Either way, war is going to mess this country up in ways that would take centuries to heal.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by optimusprime2(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

This statement summarises everything

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Scamburster(m): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
franchasng:
All what you listed are true and not just common to Nigerians alone but all humans.

It is the responsibility of government to chart the better course for the nation to follow and succeed.

Many Nigerians dont want to pay tax because the crude oil wealth being generated is being mismanaged by the government and on top that, they want people to still pay tax, for what?

When Nigerians travel to developed nations with accountable and responsible government, they pay tax and follow their laws.

If government show accountability and responsibility in managing whatever resources available to their disposal, by using it sincerely to better the life of their citizens, believe me, people will be glad to pay tax.

Nigerians are the only set of people that dont revolt against government whenever there is a price hike or sudden price increase, citizens of most nations wont take it, they will revolt.

The major problem with Nigeria and most African nations is that colonial masters lumped together people of diverse or opposing cultures, values, beliefs and lifestyle as one nation, which brought about ethno religious tuzzle and political favoritism within the ruling class and gradually this gave birth to sheer nepotism, corruption and clannish leadership style that have jeopardized black African nations from achieving communal progress.
Oga God bless you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by franchasng: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Scamburster:

Oga God bless you.
You too bro smiley
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by showafrica(m): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:
This country will never witness any growth until we all go our separate ways

We are not one

We don't have the same ideology

You can never compare southerners ways of life, reasoning with northerners

Imagine a country whereby if northern stidents scored 80 out of 400 in jamb, they will be offered admission into university but if southern student scored 280 they will be denied admission for same course

Foolish leaders are just ok with the looting.. As far as abroad dey... They loot and leave the jungle. Future does not exist in their dictionary.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by IPIGSRHYPO: 10:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
[[s]quote author=vibratingpenis post=108216184]

Seriously that I need help? At least am not controlled by one calamitous arse hole allah and his piglet scavenger mohammed. You need your brain formatted from the diabolic occultic idiotic barbaric and worthless religion of pieces and blood suckers, look at what the worthless religion did to afghanistan, look at what you guys are doing to yourselves up north murdering your fellow humans in the name of one nymphomaniac sadistic and blood thirsty idiot called allah.

Anyway allah invented drugs partly to recruit 1mbec1les like mohammed and smelly skunks like you to be updating his blood bank, you guys should keep killing yourselves after'all that is what we need for others to progress then you almajiris can go 4k yourselves or if your numbers are small, I heard you guys now
4k your cows and goats and those animals are giving birth to morons that now eat grass. Nincompoop and religion of dead carcasses. Thank God that your mohammed is now swimming in the large intestines of one medina pig that exhumed the idiot and ate his petrifying poisonous corpse, lest I forget I remembered read he died like a rabid dog, blood gushing from his ear, tears flowing from his eyes, catarrh from his nose and saliva foaming from his mouth that is after the giangatuan seizure that he had from the poison zainab gave him when he went to rape the young innocent girl, I really pity how painful and miserable he died. Maybe he thought that after massacring her village and husband that he can now bring out that his STI infested penis to rape the young woman, not every lady is like the promiscuous aisha that he started penising at 6 years old. Oh! Let me not forget how as a madman with his brain in the tip of his foreskin, he almost raped his fellow man because the dude was wearing a flowing gown. You idiots really covered lots of things in this you guys most useless religion islam and we are here to expose it and speak the gospel truth about it. When will you guys understand that your allah is useless and that mohammed was a simple thief and an urchin, a dirty smelly vagabond who had no future except to rape children and kill? [/quote][/s]

Lunacy must be in your DNA.
Pls seek help. See a Psychiatrist fast before you appear naked in your village Market square.
Just a friendly advice.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Burukutuhari: 1:25am On Dec 05, 2021
backbencher:
Nigeria is not going to split for the following reasons (my opinion)

1.The minority tribes don't want Nigeria to split. Sure, most minority tribes are not enjoying Nigeria, but splitting Nigeria leaves them exposed to the rapacious bigger tribes. No thanks.

2.The elite don't want Nigeria to split...especially those with business interests across the country

3.The political class don't want Nigeria to split. No chances to loot.

4.International community too doesn't want Nigeria to split...because 1) higher oil prices 2) refugees swarming their countries....

5.Even most secessionists on this site don't want Nigeria to split. They back secessionists because they want to scare the North out of power, not because they want to leave Nigeria.(Wait till election starts, and 90% of the Biafranists and OOduaists will be backing PDP. E get why.)

6.As one recent article on banditry reveals, the bandits themselves are not one unified group, fight among themselves, and create more problems for themselves than the country.

7.Did I mention that most secessionists don't want Nigeria to split, and that most of them are more interested in their side winning the power game, than secession? Secession to them is a last card to play when all hope is lost.

8. Splitting Nigeria now, is not as clear cut as it was in 1966-7. Old Biafra is split into two, and the South SOuth wants resource control, rather than splitting up

9.As much as Ibos and Yorubas scream loud and clear about 'WE CAN SURVIVE ON OUR OWN' the fact is, in the event of a split, and in the event of the South South refusing to join either side...the fact is, (and you can abuse me all day long, but facts is facts)...Iboland and Yoruba land cannot survive without oil money...and are just dependent on oil money as the Hausas, and the Middle Belt.

Or where do you think Ibo and Yoruba states get most of their revenue for budget from (apart from Lagos)? OIL MONEY.(Or why do you think no Southern governor stood up to contradict El Rufai when he made the comment about subsidy needing to go or governors won't have money for their budgets next year? If Southern states were standing on their own financially, they would have said that he is on his own. Their silence shows they agree with him).

10. Most of Nigeria does not rely on export of industrial products to survive. Thus in the event of a split, all the new countries, apart from the South South, would end up relying on agriculture...and even if the SOuth south goes with Biafra...oil. All these commodites have one thing in common...the price of all of them is set elsewhere.

And that means, that at the end of the day, Oodua and Biafra are going to be as debt ridden as many African countries. You think I am lying? Most African countries that 'rely on agriculture' are in debt, some even higher than Nigeria's own.

And even if Biafra gets 'the oil' with the SOuth south...the same thing applies. At the end...Biafra would be debt ridden.

We haven't talked about the North. Sure the North has 'mineral and agricultural resources...but at the end of the day, who is setting the international prices for all these resources? They don't live in Kaduna, and Sokoto, that's what I know.

11. Let's even talk about agriculture. Less than 10% of our agric is mechanized. If we want to compete on the international market....we would have a real battle on our hands. We won't get the right international price of our agric goods. Western farms, with their tech, better soils , better soil management, better farming practice, would run us into the ground.

Remember that most African countries who 'rely on agriculture' are debt ridden. (Ghana has a debt of 26 billion dollars, Burkina 4 billion dollars,Kenya 35.9 billion dollars)

12. In the event of a split...there would be war. And anyone who tells me otherwise should go and rest. There is going to be a fight over resources , and it would be neverending.

13. Of course, any new nation arising from Nigeria, in ten years is going to be broke and poor, is what I am trying to say.

Hey guy its like you have margarine in your medula oblongata the way you reason. Simply accept that you are a unity beggers. Why is that you are interested in unity of this failed contraption if you don't have evil motives. If you are strong on your own and competent to achieve greatness, and not to always remain as parasite. Then restructure or divide. It's only the parasites that dwel always on its host because it is incompetent.
Awon unity beggers,
Omale.

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 05, 2021
Burukutuhari:

Hey guy its like you have margarine in your medula oblongata the way you reason. Simply accept that you are a unity beggers. Why is that you are interested in unity of this failed contraption if you don't have evil motives. If you are strong on your own and competent to achieve greatness, and not to always remain as parasite. Then restructure or divide. It's only the parasites that dwel always on its host because it is incompetent.
Awon unity beggers,
Omale.

Good morning and good luck

I wonder why you had to be so rude and abusive when I did not abuse you, did not call you names or curse you

Yet you did.

In return anyway, I hope you have a good morning and a blessed day. It pays to be kind you know. Your life would be better for it.

You also don't have to let every thought take residence inside you

Good morning. And , grow up.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by JBRichard(m): 7:11am On Dec 05, 2021
backbencher:

Let's say the split happened

1.Northern and Western Nigeria become severely broke in the 1970's,...when agricultural prices fell worldwide...and continue to be broke till today. (And in debt)

2.Biafra becomes prosperous in the `1970's thanks to oil....only for the oil price crash of the year 1982 to hit Biafra badly...meaning by 1987, Biafra has to take the SAP medicaiton.

At the end of the day, all countries become broke.

3.You won't like war. War is awful. After all, ask the people living in Boko hunting grounds how they are enjoying the war up there. Plus the Civil war was not funny, and was horrible. Not again

4.Nigeria is underdeveloped for the same reason 90% of African countries who don't have any FUlani ruling them are underdeveloped...they are all resource dependent countries who sell raw materials, and use the revenue to import stuff at a value bigger than the value of their exports. Then we think there is a national cake, when there is a national loaf of bread.

Infact, go and meet the Biafranist, the ooduaist, the APC supporter, the PDP supporter, the bandits, even Boko mad-men....they all make the same complaint...we are not getting enough of the national cake. So we have to fight or play cunny politics or whatever.

Either way, war is going to mess this country up in ways that would take centuries to heal.
Nice one. I feel your plight. Are you an analyst or economist? War won't do us any good. Thanks for the response. Happy Sunday and Merry Christmas �

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 7:54am On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:

Lunacy must be in your DNA.
Pls seek help. See a Psychiatrist fast before you appear naked in your village Market square.
Just a friendly advice.
Mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 05, 2021
JBRichard:

Nice one. I feel your plight. Are you an analyst or economist? War won't do us any good. Thanks for the response. Happy Sunday and Merry Christmas �

I just try to read widely

2 Likes

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 10:03am On Dec 05, 2021
backbencher:

Thanks for the comment. And good evening.

P.S. And stop trying to promote Tinubu as a viable president to me..I don't want to vote for him and I never will vote for him. Take his picture elsewhere to your fellow Tinubu supporters
both u and theifnibu are in sane
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 05, 2021
Chinemeremjosh0:
both u and theifnibu are in sane

I actually have never voted for Tinubu and do not intend to vote for him. I don't even think he is good presidential material for many reasons. Chief among which is that like buhari he is old

Sorry for mistaking you for a Tinubu supporter.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by meetdonald(m): 2:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Please remember that this a Man of God speaking on current events in the Nation. We all know that the insecurity and agitation are on the high.
The country may spilit if things continues the way they are going... this is not a lie
Watch what you say to a religious Man.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
backbencher:

I actually have never voted for Tinubu and do not intend to vote for him. I don't even think he is good presidential material for many reasons. Chief among which is that like buhari he is old

Sorry for mistaking you for a Tinubu supporter.
Next time don't talk what u're not sure of! How can I support a killer of an innocent youths that came to demand change from the bad terrorists and evil government of Nigeria!
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 06, 2021
Chinemeremjosh0:
Next time don't talk what u're not sure of! How can I support a killer of an innocent youths that came to demand change from the bad terrorists and evil government of Nigeria!

And next time, don't call me a TInubu supporter either

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Abandons Zoning, Throws Presidency Open / Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Should Be Using Someone's Backyard For Campaign / Protests Will Resume On October 1 - Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.