Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections (18698 Views)

Jega, Onaiyekan To Buhari: Nigerians Battling With Double Sufferings / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria 'uninhabitable' For Young People / John Onaiyekan: Nigeria 'uninhabitable' For Young People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by realray(m): 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
mrvitalis:

Nah I'm igbo but let yorubas take Lagos and let middle belt take Abuja ...it's their luck

Would they share the over 160 trillion cubic of gas in Igbo land ? ... would north share sea access ?

Yes igbos would lose out but we move ...give them head start so that the over taking go sweet

I agree with you bro, them think say na play wait make time reach everybody go know their position...though am from delta state..
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by vibratingpenis: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Positivepoint:

Yet several reports suggest south east is a huge mega parasite

Yes na that is why it is the best idea to let the parasites go their separate ways but no you are using intimidation to cower then into the unity like it is the igbos that is holding the kidney of Nigeria.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by vibratingpenis: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

Actually, all Nigerians love free things.

1.Most Nigerians don't want to have subsidy on petrol removed.

2.Most Nigerians don't want to have power companies set the price of the power they sell

3.Most Nigerians also want to have the government apparently 'regulate' the prices of food and gas 'for the masses'

4.Most Nigerians don't pay taxes...only 30-40% of Nigerians pay taxes for the rest of the populaiton.

5.Most Nigerians also think that when their son or daughter is in government, they should get freebies.

6.Most Nigerians also refuse and resist the idea of tolls on roads.

7. When the FCT was charging a parking ticket/meter...guess who got it stopped? Nigerians.

8.Even short term loans from loan apps...Nigerians won't pay as due, and would even share tips on how to avoid paying.

Stop blaming the Fulanis...and no it does not mean that I said you should not blame Buhari...because he has not done well at all. But Nigeria is not prospering because Nigerians think that there is a national cake we must eat from.

Why you think all Nigerians love free things is cos you are use to the northerners fighting for free things. Igbos joined to enjoy the free things cos it is not right for only one region or set of people to be enjoying freely the commonwealth of every other Nigerian. Like I said let Nigeria just do the experiment to let the Igbos go lets see how far the Igbos will become broke or become indebted to any one. When we know that the subsidy money that will be removed or the tax paid will not be used for anything useful, why will we interested in paying it even when it is clear northerners don't pay tax and still enjoy the subsidy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Sleekfingers: 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigeria-may-split-before-2023-elections-Onaiyekan

Come split am na. See him head like coconut
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Ovamboland(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
ShobayoEmma:
When we split, we can then face the consequences of splitting.

Nigeria as a single entity is not working and it's not even showing any symptoms of working in any distance future. So where is the sense of continue living in the fear of splitting?

Lord have mercy.

After 2023 elections all of you will calm down.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by vibratingpenis: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Another delusional religious fanatic spewing rubbish as usual.

Another lazy mohammedan piglet parasitic unity beggar spotted
This is their trademark, mark of the beast on the forehead cos of headslamming to a nymphomaniac god and violence as their patron saint mohammed was a violent rapist robbing robbing caravans of their wares in the middle east.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Dukeolumidemans(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
That would be the best NEWS of the century. We in the South South and South East cannot wait...Lai Mohammed, over to u.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by donmik: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
I can't factor why people who are supposed to be carriers of good news, hope and bright future has turned their selves to doomsday preachers & naysayers.
May Nigeria succeed.

What do u know as good news?

Are Christians not part of the citizens?

I hope u know that this is a democratic gov't and anyone is free to make constructive criticism.

All u want is to have some persons relegated and marginalised from the light just to keep having your way cheating the masses

2 Likes

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Sleekfingers: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Nigeria-may-split-before-2023-elections-Onaiyekan

If we split the north go suffer o.....I mean most of them will be refugees in the southwest......

There are lots of untapped mineral resources deposits in the north. I mean mineral resources that can make them extremely rich. But stupidity, religion and illiteracy dem damage their brains.....

South west will do tremendous better than any region.....

2 Likes

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Alamkir: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
I can't factor why people who are supposed to be carriers of good news, hope and bright future has turned their selves to doomsday preachers & naysayers.
May Nigeria succeed.

I just dnt understand my brother.... Every time general election is approaching they ill be making this sort statement.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by pharmezee(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
What is the bad news there now... He said may not will.. Kaiii
Aufbauh:
May Nigeria succeed.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by SKINDOGGY: 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

1.Who told you the South south would go with any side?

2.Who also told you that oil would remain profitable for any length of time?

3.Why are you interested in where the South south goes...if not that you are eyeing the oil money?

4.Who told you that the North, Ibo and Yourba would just let the South south go like that? They will fight , and it won't be pretty.

Splitting Nigeria is a fantasy. Nigeria is a mess, and a contraption, but so are most African countries, and splitting all of them is going to create a mess that you and i won't like.

Igbo
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Ovamboland(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Vichot:

Oga any side the south south goes with can never be poor except if they choose bad leaders

Are the leaders managing the resources of Niger Delta states been really wonderful? They've been below average in my opinion and I don't foresee any major change in quality of leadership just because they split from Nigeria.

Don't they priortize governors aircraft over building hospitals and schools in the rural oil producing villages?

2 Likes

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
vibratingpenis:

Why you think all Nigerians love free things is cos you are use to the northerners fighting for free things. Igbos joined to enjoy the free things cos it is not right for only one region or set of people to be enjoying freely the commonwealth of every other Nigerian. Like I said let Nigeria just do the experiment to let the Igbos go lets see how far the Igbos will become broke or become indebted to any one. When we know that the subsidy money that will be removed or the tax paid will not be used for anything useful, why will we interested in paying it even when it is clear northerners don't pay tax and still enjoy the subsidy.

As usual, it isn't my fault..it's the Hausa's fault....

Plus most of we Nigerians, whether the tribe, don't pay taxes. grin

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
vibratingpenis:

Stop thinking for biafrans like you are the spinal cord connected to their brain, this is a fatal mistake most of you do and I don't know why. We are not northerners that depend on government even to marry, no be only 20 pounds they give Igbos after seizing all their properties all over Nigeria. Most Igbos don't care about south south again and am among. Let Igbos be free and you'll see that it is this contraption with backward and barbaric islamic lazy north that is formenting all the trouble in Nigeria.

Who said I was thinking for biafrans.? did I say anywhere that I was paid to do your thinking?

Last I knew .....Biafrans could and can and should think for themselves.

My opinion scares you, doesn't it?

Ye don't have to be scared, like I said...it is MY OPINION...and I COULD be WRONG.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by IPIGSRHYPO: 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
[[s]quote author=vibratingpenis post=108208107]

This is their trademark, mark of the beast on the forehead cos of headslamming to a nymphomaniac god and violence as their patron saint mohammed was a violent rapist robbing robbing caravans of their wares in the middle east. [/quote][/s]

Mpuri is a hell of a drug. Seek help.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Ragnarobie(m): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Aufbauh post=108195705]I can't factor why people who are supposed to be carriers of good news, hope and bright future has turned their selves to doomsday preachers & naysayers.
May Nigeria succeed.

ZooMustFall
ZooMustFall
ZooMustFall.. ��� all you can
ZooMustFall
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by vibratingpenis: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
[[s]quote author=vibratingpenis post=108208107]

This is their trademark, mark of the beast on the forehead cos of headslamming to a nymphomaniac god and violence as their patron saint mohammed was a violent rapist robbing robbing caravans of their wares in the middle east. [/s]

Mpuri is a hell of a drug. Seek help.

Sniffing gum is much more dangerous, it is gum sniffing that propagates billions of almajiris without any future in the north as they are potential gum sniffers and tramadol snorters as mohammed was busy over dosing on opium and potential terrorists and child rapers like allah.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by kutashi: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
May Nigeria succeed.

Don't mind them! A major source of his income has been bursted! Many of them like that! Hence, the stupid doom vision started blurring the eyes
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by IPIGSRHYPO: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
[[s]quote author=vibratingpenis post=108210535]

Sniffing gum is much more dangerous, it is gum sniffing that propagates billions of almajiris without any future in the north as they are potential gum sniffers and tramadol snorters as mohammed was busy over dosing on opium and potential terrorists and child rapers like allah. [/quote][/s]

Still barking down the wrong tree, like I said earlier, seek help.

FVCK off.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by chaloskyx: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
YOU TOO HAVE COME WITH YOU OWN VISION BA MUMU. THIS IS SHA MY OWN VISION SINCE WE ARE IN THE SEASON
NIGERIA CAN NEVER SPLIT ELECTIONS WOULD GO AHEAD
APC I.TINUBU IS WINNING THE ELECTION
KANU & IGBOHO WOULD BE RELEASED
BUHARI WOULD PASS ON IN LESS THAN 4 YEARS
SANWOOLU WOLD NOT GET A 2ND TERM
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 5:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
May Nigeria succeed.
because he didn't speak ur good for nothing mind? Ode!
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:
Nigeria is not going to split for the following reasons (my opinion)

1.The minority tribes don't want Nigeria to split. Sure, most minority tribes are not enjoying Nigeria, but splitting Nigeria leaves them exposed to the rapacious bigger tribes. No thanks.

2.The elite don't want Nigeria to split...especially those with business interests across the country

3.The political class don't want Nigeria to split. No chances to loot.

4.International community too doesn't want Nigeria to split...because 1) higher oil prices 2) refugees swarming their countries....

5.Even most secessionists on this site don't want Nigeria to split. They back secessionists because they want to scare the North out of power, not because they want to leave Nigeria.(Wait till election starts, and 90% of the Biafranists and OOduaists will be backing PDP. E get why.)

6.As one recent article on banditry reveals, the bandits themselves are not one unified group, fight among themselves, and create more problems for themselves than the country.

7.Did I mention that most secessionists don't want Nigeria to split, and that most of them are more interested in their side winning the power game, than secession? Secession to them is a last card to play when all hope is lost.

8. Splitting Nigeria now, is not as clear cut as it was in 1966-7. Old Biafra is split into two, and the South SOuth wants resource control, rather than splitting up

9.As much as Ibos and Yorubas scream loud and clear about 'WE CAN SURVIVE ON OUR OWN' the fact is, in the event of a split, and in the event of the South South refusing to join either side...the fact is, (and you can abuse me all day long, but facts is facts)...Iboland and Yoruba land cannot survive without oil money...and are just dependent on oil money as the Hausas, and the Middle Belt.

Or where do you think Ibo and Yoruba states get most of their revenue for budget from (apart from Lagos)? OIL MONEY.(Or why do you think no Southern governor stood up to contradict El Rufai when he made the comment about subsidy needing to go or governors won't have money for their budgets next year? If Southern states were standing on their own financially, they would have said that he is on his own. Their silence shows they agree with him).

10. Most of Nigeria does not rely on export of industrial products to survive. Thus in the event of a split, all the new countries, apart from the South South, would end up relying on agriculture...and even if the SOuth south goes with Biafra...oil. All these commodites have one thing in common...the price of all of them is set elsewhere.

And that means, that at the end of the day, Oodua and Biafra are going to be as debt ridden as many African countries. You think I am lying? Most African countries that 'rely on agriculture' are in debt, some even higher than Nigeria's own.

And even if Biafra gets 'the oil' with the SOuth south...the same thing applies. At the end...Biafra would be debt ridden.

We haven't talked about the North. Sure the North has 'mineral and agricultural resources...but at the end of the day, who is setting the international prices for all these resources? They don't live in Kaduna, and Sokoto, that's what I know.

11. Let's even talk about agriculture. Less than 10% of our agric is mechanized. If we want to compete on the international market....we would have a real battle on our hands. We won't get the right international price of our agric goods. Western farms, with their tech, better soils , better soil management, better farming practice, would run us into the ground.

Remember that most African countries who 'rely on agriculture' are debt ridden. (Ghana has a debt of 26 billion dollars, Burkina 4 billion dollars,Kenya 35.9 billion dollars)

12. In the event of a split...there would be war. And anyone who tells me otherwise should go and rest. There is going to be a fight over resources , and it would be neverending.

13. Of course, any new nation arising from Nigeria, in ten years is going to be broke and poor, is what I am trying to say.

Nigeria is a contraption, but the alternatives are far far worse.
What's the essence of writing long junks without making any sense out of it?

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Whiteways: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
For how long will he continue to deceive himself and others. And beside, can you tell us one good news in Nigeria he should have carried. Let face reality !!!

Aufbauh:
May Nigeria succeed.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Chinemeremjosh0:
What's the essence of writing long junks without making any sense out of it?

Thanks for the comment. And good evening.

P.S. And stop trying to promote Tinubu as a viable president to me..I don't want to vote for him and I never will vote for him. Take his picture elsewhere to your fellow Tinubu supporters
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Hakeem3(m): 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aufbauh:
May Nigeria succeed.
Na people like you dey rely on; “one day e go better” instead of you to face the reality like the cardinal is doing. May Nigeria succeed my ass’ what are you doing from your ends to make her succeed? Do you even have a pvc to start with ?
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by JOemmy(m): 6:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=backbencher post=108196339]

1.Who told you the South south would go with any side?

2.Who also told you that oil would remain profitable for any length of time?

3.Why are you interested in where the South south goes...if not that you are eyeing the oil money?

4.Who told you that the North, Ibo and Yourba would just let the South south go like that? They will fight , and it won't be pretty.

Splitting Nigeria is a fantasy. Nigeria is a mess, and a contraption, but so are most African countries, and splitting all of them is going to create a mess that you and i won't like.[/quote

There will definitely be some misunderstanding in the new nations in the south but not at the level we have currently in Nigeria which is largely coming from the fulani north the billions of dollars wasted yearly to fight political bokoharam can be rechannelled into development if the north is cut off from the south. Most southern tribes are naturally reasonable I don't see any scenarios where they will choose to fight themselves to the death like the core north rather than enjoy their new found freedom.

1 Like

Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
JOemmy:

The new nations will fight themselves well well

Two battle fronts

1. The status of Ilorin

2..Who controls the oil money.

3 . (bonus) who controls the whole resources.

I know Nigerians. Very well.
Re: John Onaiyekan: Nigeria May Split Before 2023 Elections by JOemmy(m): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

The new nations will fight themselves well well

Two battle fronts

1. The status of Ilorin

2..Who controls the oil money.

3 . (bonus) who controls the whole resources.

I know Nigerians. Very well.

I won't disagree with you that there won't be some form of crises at the beginning but at the end there will definitely be a lasting peace, equity and justice for everyone not like the peace of the grave yard we are currently enjoying in nigeria today.
Name one developed nation that didn't fought any war amongst themselves before getting to were they are today?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Carrying A 4-Day-Old Baby Delivered By Flood Victim / Obasanjo Regrets Not Privatizing NNPC When He Was President / Buhari, Osinbajo To Grace Abia APC Mega Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.