Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths (1550 Views)

No Grazing Routes In Bayelsa, Governor Douye Diri Replies Buhari / Budget Padding: You’re Ignorant And Dubious, Dogara Blasts Tinubu / FG Prevented Prince Charles From Coming To The Niger Delta-gov.wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by November1857(m): 5:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
You’re ignorant of happenings in N-Delta, Gov Diri replies Arewa Youths

GOVERNOR of Bayelsa State, Senator Douye Diri, has taken a swipe at the Arewa Consultative Youth Movement, describing them as the most ignorant of what is happening in the Niger Delta for saying that he was over politicizing the Nembe oil spill.

Diri, who was speaking as the guest of honour at the All Ijaw Summit, organised by the Ijaw National Congress,INC, in Yenagoa the Bayelsa State capital, weekend, averred that he will never play politics with the health and development of the people but will continue to defend the territory and people who elected him as governor no matter whose ox is gored.

The governor who stressed that he is particularly vexed with the proportion of the Nembe oil spill said he does not need to be a petroleum engineer to comment on the spill, and challenge environmental activists to come to Nembe to see the level of pollution and environmental damage done to the flora and fauna of the Ijaw people.

He warned that no one should take the hospitality of the Ijaw Nation for granted or doubt the determination of the state government to protect the sanctity of communities and the livelihood of the people, adding that the people and state will not swallow this flame in the name of decorum.

His words: “I laughed this morning when my attention was drawn that Arewa Youths are opposing my statements and my views, I laughed at it. But for me, they are not only opposing me, they are opposing Bayelsa State and the Ijaw Nation.

“I have never played politics with the health of our people, I have never played politics with the development of our people and if Arewa Youths think that what I said is to over politicized the situation in Nembe, then I want to believed that Nigeria and indeed Arewa Youths are the most ignorant people of what is happening in the Niger Delta.

“Merely presupposing that the Governor is not a Petroleum Engineer, I don’t need to be a Petroleum Engineer to defend my people. If they have forgotten that our own President of the country is not also a Petroleum Engineer he is the President of Nigeria. That I am only a Political Scientist, yes I accept, a political scientist and an educationist and I have been elected to defend the territory and people of Bayelsa State.

“On the heels of very recent conference of political parties, what has been tagged as “COP 26”, I was in Scotland, United Kingdom to represent Bayelsa State, and in that event, there is already a global action to curb pollution. And recently in the UK as I said, I was and we will remain particularly vexed with what is happening in Nembe and that is why I will not stopped to call on all environmental activists to come on to Nembe to see the level of pollution and environmental damage done to the flora and fauna of the Ijaw people.

“Whereas we appreciate the oil and gas sector, current continuing in future importance to our country, there should be no doubt about our own commitment to stop the impunity that threatens the present and undermined the future survival of our people. No one should take our hospitality for granted or doubt our determination to protect the sanctity of our communities and indeed the livelihood of our people. We will not swallow this flame in the name of decorum.”

He commended the INC for providing a touch to illuminate the path of the Ijaw people under the present circumstances in country noting that all is not well in country

He stated further, “For too long we have only operated a pseudo-federalism in reality what we have in our country today is a unitary system of governance and dressed in the borrowed robes of federalism.

“We cannot procrastinate in returning the terms of engagement where the regions or state expropriate their own resources and pay taxes to the centre more and more, we are creating a cast where the categorization of subordinate and super-ordinate is entrenched. Not surprising, states and ethnic nationalities are increasingly clamouring for self determination or even in outright cases secession that is in very extreme cases.

“I am proposing without insisting that the idea and ideal situation would be the devolution of powers from the centre to the state such that the federal government would be responsible with the issue of currency, foreign policy, national security, commands in the military, appointment of ambassadors and any other matter that have common bearing on all states. But I am willing to abdicate my views if there is a superior collective counsel arising from this summit.”

In his welcome address, the President of INC, Prof Benjamin Okaba, said the crossroad Ijaws find themselves in the Nigerian federation is the most compelling reason confronting the convocation of the All Ijaw Summit, with the theme: “The Nigerian State and the Ijaw Question.”

He said the Ijaws need to agree on a common direction, adding that, “We need to evoke common understanding of our perculiarities and determine common panacea.”

The Summit which was chaired by HRM Justice F. Tabai, retd, was attended by prominent Ijaw sons and daughters across the country.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/youre-ignorant-of-happenings-in-n-delta-gov-diri-replies-arewa-youths/

6 Likes

Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ijaw Republic our home.
God bless the Ijaw Republic.
God bless our hero General Ditari.

2 Likes

Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Asgard73: 5:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Izon mbana!

No mind them ... like say seniorman Timpre wan come try luck for governorship..

Which ever way Na still way.. family business.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by bcomputer101: 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Wetting Almajiri youths sabi?

1 Like

Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by PrinceOfLagos: 6:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
DitariDisciple2:
Ijaw Republic our home.
God bless the Ijaw Republic.
God bless our hero General Ditari.

Who the hell is general ditari

1 Like

Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

The leader of the Ijaw Republic Liberation Movement Militant Forces.

The Ijaw Republic himself.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by PrinceOfLagos: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
DitariDisciple2:

The Ijaw Republic himself.

So na ijaw republic dey answer general ditari ?

I think sey na one drunken master militant dey bear the name

Can we see his picture
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

So na ijaw republic dey answer general ditari ?

I think sey na one drunken master militant dey bear the name

Can we see his picture

Your frustrations does not change anything.
Ijaw Republic our home.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by makemoneywbsite: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
DitariDisciple2:

Your frustrations does not change anything.
Ijaw Republic our home.
Good one. I support self determination for serious people.

God bless Ijaw Republic

1 Like

Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Afriifa(m): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

One Nuisance parading himself as a leader of Ijaw struggle

2 Likes

Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Rival(m): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:
Binawei, teke pani? Why describe him as such?
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Captain8(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:
imine Izo keme a?
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Vickym1(f): 8:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
All they care about is the dividend coming from that region so how will they know what's happening there.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Afriifa(m): 8:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Captain8:
imine Izo keme a?
Yes. Brother. Full Blooded. I know Ditari. He's just a nuisance. Don't take him serious.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Afriifa(m): 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
Rival:

Ye Pagha! Ane Keme-Me, Dowlo kpo gumungha (Tebe-fah). You don't take him serious.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Rival(m): 9:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:
Ye Pagha! Ane Keme-Me, Dowlo kpo gumungha (Tebe-fah). You don't take him serious.
Keni tari (One love)!
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Captain8(m): 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:
Yes. Brother. Full Blooded. I know Ditari. He's just a nuisance. Don't take him serious.
why?
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by sageb: 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
November1857:
You’re ignorant of happenings in N-Delta, Gov Diri replies Arewa Youths

GOVERNOR of Bayelsa State, Senator Douye Diri, has taken a swipe at the Arewa Consultative Youth Movement, describing them as the most ignorant of what is happening in the Niger Delta for saying that he was over politicizing the Nembe oil spill.

Diri, who was speaking as the guest of honour at the All Ijaw Summit, organised by the Ijaw National Congress,INC, in Yenagoa the Bayelsa State capital, weekend, averred that he will never play politics with the health and development of the people but will continue to defend the territory and people who elected him as governor no matter whose ox is gored.

The governor who stressed that he is particularly vexed with the proportion of the Nembe oil spill said he does not need to be a petroleum engineer to comment on the spill, and challenge environmental activists to come to Nembe to see the level of pollution and environmental damage done to the flora and fauna of the Ijaw people.

He warned that no one should take the hospitality of the Ijaw Nation for granted or doubt the determination of the state government to protect the sanctity of communities and the livelihood of the people, adding that the people and state will not swallow this flame in the name of decorum.

His words: “I laughed this morning when my attention was drawn that Arewa Youths are opposing my statements and my views, I laughed at it. But for me, they are not only opposing me, they are opposing Bayelsa State and the Ijaw Nation.

“I have never played politics with the health of our people, I have never played politics with the development of our people and if Arewa Youths think that what I said is to over politicized the situation in Nembe, then I want to believed that Nigeria and indeed Arewa Youths are the most ignorant people of what is happening in the Niger Delta.

“Merely presupposing that the Governor is not a Petroleum Engineer, I don’t need to be a Petroleum Engineer to defend my people. If they have forgotten that our own President of the country is not also a Petroleum Engineer he is the President of Nigeria. That I am only a Political Scientist, yes I accept, a political scientist and an educationist and I have been elected to defend the territory and people of Bayelsa State.

“On the heels of very recent conference of political parties, what has been tagged as “COP 26”, I was in Scotland, United Kingdom to represent Bayelsa State, and in that event, there is already a global action to curb pollution. And recently in the UK as I said, I was and we will remain particularly vexed with what is happening in Nembe and that is why I will not stopped to call on all environmental activists to come on to Nembe to see the level of pollution and environmental damage done to the flora and fauna of the Ijaw people.

“Whereas we appreciate the oil and gas sector, current continuing in future importance to our country, there should be no doubt about our own commitment to stop the impunity that threatens the present and undermined the future survival of our people. No one should take our hospitality for granted or doubt our determination to protect the sanctity of our communities and indeed the livelihood of our people. We will not swallow this flame in the name of decorum.”

He commended the INC for providing a touch to illuminate the path of the Ijaw people under the present circumstances in country noting that all is not well in country

He stated further, “For too long we have only operated a pseudo-federalism in reality what we have in our country today is a unitary system of governance and dressed in the borrowed robes of federalism.

“We cannot procrastinate in returning the terms of engagement where the regions or state expropriate their own resources and pay taxes to the centre more and more, we are creating a cast where the categorization of subordinate and super-ordinate is entrenched. Not surprising, states and ethnic nationalities are increasingly clamouring for self determination or even in outright cases secession that is in very extreme cases.

“I am proposing without insisting that the idea and ideal situation would be the devolution of powers from the centre to the state such that the federal government would be responsible with the issue of currency, foreign policy, national security, commands in the military, appointment of ambassadors and any other matter that have common bearing on all states. But I am willing to abdicate my views if there is a superior collective counsel arising from this summit.”

In his welcome address, the President of INC, Prof Benjamin Okaba, said the crossroad Ijaws find themselves in the Nigerian federation is the most compelling reason confronting the convocation of the All Ijaw Summit, with the theme: “The Nigerian State and the Ijaw Question.”

He said the Ijaws need to agree on a common direction, adding that, “We need to evoke common understanding of our perculiarities and determine common panacea.”

The Summit which was chaired by HRM Justice F. Tabai, retd, was attended by prominent Ijaw sons and daughters across the country.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/youre-ignorant-of-happenings-in-n-delta-gov-diri-replies-arewa-youths/

Well said by the Miracle Governor
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Afriifa(m): 9:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
Rival:

Keni tari (One love)!
drop me ur what-spp digits
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Afriifa(m): 9:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Captain8:
why?
ene watsap number koromu epre
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:

U must be the Afrifa King General Ditari told me of.
Someone wey pass u don pass u.
Jealously will do u no good.
U wan take the position of your own Boss.
Shameless person.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Captain8(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:
mi email dou e contact tughemi8@gmail.com..... I will send you the numb through email....
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Captain8:
mi email dou e contact tughemi8@gmail.com..... I will send you the numb through email....

Mei owei meh.
Seikeme eh,
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by Captain8(m): 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:
or ene email koromo epere......e wattsap send ani otua mini
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Captain8:
or ene email koromo epere......e wattsap send ani otua mini
Din bai meh wo mar KEME morkpo ereh tei emi.
Imoh imoh mor.
Meh Owei egberi bibene.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 10:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:

Abeh Ditari meh oror ma KEME
Ebi ki otu kor Timi.
Emene sei ordudu kie emi.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 11:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
Rival:

He was the 3rd in command after General Ditari started the Ijaw Republic struggles.
General Ditari created the Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization, and the Ijaw Republic Liberation Movement Militant Forces.
General Ditari and him were very very close.
Later he discovered that he was older than General Ditari because General Ditari told him everything.
He asked General Ditari to do election in d group for the position of President.
So that the two of them will contest against each other, concerning who can lead more.
Something General Ditari was the founder.
The number 2 never asked of such.
Today, all the highest Ijaw leaders believe in General Ditari.
Even when he said if General Ditari don't do the election he leaves the struggles nd he did.
But today, General Ditari have blown all over the Ijaw Nation.
Ask the 70 highest Ijaw leaders.
General Ditari is known by them.
We were invited as guest of honour by the INC President in this summit too.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
DitariDisciple2:

He was the 3rd in command after General Ditari started the Ijaw Republic struggles.
General Ditari created the Lovers of Ijaw Nation Organization, and the Ijaw Republic Liberation Movement Militant Forces.
General Ditari and him was very very close.
Later he discovered that he was older than General Ditari because General Ditari told him everything.
He asked General Ditari to do election in d group for the position of President.
So that the two of them will contest against each other, concerning who can lead more.
Something General Ditari was the founder.
The number 2 never asked of such.
Today, all the highest Ijaw leaders believe in General Ditari.
Even when he said if General Ditari don't do the election he leaves the struggles nd he did.
But today, General Ditari have blown all over the Ijaw Nation.
Ask the 70 highest Ijaw leaders.
General Ditari is known by them.
We were invited as guest of honour by the INC President in this summit too.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
The INC President, invited General Ditari, as guest of honour and gave him positions for 6 of his closest members to come too.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
The matter wan come b like Nnamdi Kanu and Uche Mefor issue.
But the one that God have raised.
No amount of evil people can bring down.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 11:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:

Your mumu didn't tell u that the summit that u see today was because of what General Ditari gave the INC President.
Re: You’re Ignorant Of Happenings In N-delta, Gov Diri Replies Arewa Youths by DitariDisciple2: 11:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
Afriifa:

Emene Ebi Izon Kemegha.
Emene sei lamo keme.

Ineh egberi bi, Ditari yeh mor seh gba ni pre dor.

Backstabber.
Bad friend.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Members Celebrate New Year By Donating Food To Indian Orphanage - Pictures / Exposed: Tinubu Is From Togo In Dawks Local Government / Efcc Arrested Willie Obiano: Efcc Gives Reason Why They Arrested Willie Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.