Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully (51767 Views)

Parents Storm Ojodu Grammar school In Search Of Their Children (Video) / FUTA Final Year Students Storm School In A Grand Style (Photos) / IMT Student And His "Customised Vehicle" Storm School In Enugu. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Learner247: 3:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

Carry your papa go do am.

I spoke from the position of a father because I am one and I know what it feels like to have your wards being bullied by some miscreants.
Please no offence was intended against your father.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by ahnie: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Evercurious:

Really? Hmmmmm....hope this ends well in life
Do have a nice day...bye!
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by ModestGal(f): 3:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
tuzle:
I have a friend that I call big head sometimes, so will u call that bullying? What I am trying to say is that calling big head isn't an insult, it could even be a joke, although the child may take it as an insult. I was tall from my youth days and I have been called names like iroko, longitude and so on, will I count that as bullying? So refer to someone as big head isn't bullying to me.
This is why I said Education in Nigeria is useless. I'm sure you went to school, and you still think like this. Education in Nigeria needs overhauling, completely useless.
What you are trying to say doesn't make sense, because it's not about you, or how you feel, it's about how the child feels. Calling yourself names, and bad words, is why you guys didn't grow, because you like it or not,it will psychologically impact you in one way or the other. It's simply wrong

1 Like

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by enonche85(m): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
You would just end up facing criminal charges if you or your child does, which you wouldn't want. There are now anti-bullying laws everywhere and some forms of cyberbullying and in-class bullying are considered criminal acts, so the best thing to do is to report the perpetrators, as they could be prosecuted. Bullying is now being taken seriously by schools and police departments in the country. I'm not talking about Nigeria, though, but I hope Nigeria gets to that stage.

Unfortunately we are in Nigeria, so self defence is what our kids need.
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by tuzle(m): 3:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModestGal:

This is why I said Education in Nigeria is useless. I'm sure you went to school, and you still think like this. Education in Nigeria needs overhauling, completely useless.
What you are trying to say doesn't make sense, because it's not about you, or how you feel, it's about how the child feels. Calling yourself names, and bad words, is why you guys didn't grow, because you like it or not,it will psychologically impact you in one way or the other. It's simply wrong
education in Nigeria is useless I say. U talk like worst things don't happen in USA with all there educational standard. Bullying is very bad I know that, but it isnt everything u call bullying.
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by 1Sharon(f): 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
od501:

Have you head of the word "Teasing"? That someone is reading you doesn't mean they hate you. Please teach your kids that, it's part of emotional training.

Have you seen seen politicians engage in a debate before? Don't worry, I pray that boy will end up contesting for an election in the future, when his opponent tease him, he will then run back to daddy to cry. And lemme guess, daddy will then to the opponent to shout at him, abi?

You guys are just too funny to be taken seriously...honestly grin grin

Why is a teacher teasing a student ?

If students were teasing each other, will teachers allow that?
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Evercurious(f): 4:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
ahnie:

Do have a nice day...bye!

And you too.. also remember that correction /discipline from wrong doing is different from bullying before you guys end up raising spoilt and indisciplined kids that you cant talk to in the future
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by od501: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
1Sharon:

Why is a teacher teasing a student ?

If students were teasing each other, will teachers allow that?

Ah! Are you seriously saying these? This hilarious
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by od501: 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
einsteine:

Stop glorifying suffering. This is sufferhead mentality that you have.

Suit yourself
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by ahnie: 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Evercurious:

And you too.. also remember that correction /discipline from wrong doing is different from bullying before you guys end up raising spoilt and indisciplined kids that you cant talk to in the future
Pls do have a nice evening.... remember to drink lots of water.
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by 1Sharon(f): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
od501:

Ah! Are you seriously saying these? This hilarious

If students were calling each other names will teachers tolerate that ?
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by OnyeMmeri: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ulunne777:
My son came home to tell me his teacher calls him "big head" which saddened him. He's new to the school and was still trying to fit in and here comes a teacher,of all names in the world,Big head is the best for him not like his head is bigoo.

Went to his school the next day and met the teacher.Imagine she telling me "ask other boys in my class I call all of them big head.How can she ridicule a male when she's been praying for one(has 4 girls as I later discovered)"

My son insisted right before her that it was only him she called thatand me I warned her seriously. That was how the shit ended.

I know where to draw the line but I will not accommodate any act that will affect my kids self esteem.

I swear I enjoyed reading this post of yours. I first laughed out loud with tears in my eyes, then I awwwwed. grin grin grin Chai!
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by LikeAking: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Agboconsult1:
My mum will advice us not to fear anybody. If they dey fight us we should fight back...luckily nobody bullied me or my siblings in school.
The only recent event that happened is when a boy bullied my cousin sister. My cousin sister reported to my mum. The following day my mum caught the boy, gave him some warning and reported to his mum, if the school can't punish him, she would personally discipline the boy to stay off my cousin sister. Since that day enhancforth, they bully stopped.

See correct mama.
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by CLINTZY(m): 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ryda:
I would love such experience, make I enroll my child first.

We go first scatter things for the school before I start to ask questions.
Ryda:

Ryda:

Ryda:

Ryda:

Ryda:

Ryda:

Ryda:

Ryda:

1 Like

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by NobleRace: 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
od501:

You made a good point there. But I can recognise abusive words when I hear them, and BIG HEAD is never one of them. And yes, I agree with you when you said it depends on how we were raised. And I will boldly tell you that no amount of harsh, derogatory words can weight us down.

I'm even the softest in term of teasing people, my sisters will tease you to depression if you dare go toll that path, and it has been like that since then we were kids. That's how you train emotionally strong kids, not some bread and butter emotionally volatile humans that always run to papa every time they feel hurt, a male for that matter!

I won't tolerate such wimpy attitude in my bloodline especially from a male child. It's a sign of weakness. And God forbid I breed weak 'men' from my loins.

The society is sick. Words such as Big Head looks so normal in a sick society. Even 'You dey craze?" Is acceptable. There are countries where such words 'Big Head' could get someone arrested.

Building your kids harshly, using hard words doesn't make them strong men. It makes them bad leaders with poor human relations and a very unhealthy look at life generally.

To build strong men, build character. For emotional strength, let them understand the dynamics of communication, and the resason why people talk the way they do. They would learn to listen to the unheard words behind every sound.

Additionally, strong emotions are not built by harsh words but by training through diverse situations and circumstances. Words are not the only things that would threaten the emotions of a man in life. So, harsh words wouldn't make them emotionally strong. Good understanding coupled with good training for effective communication and leadership would do the trick.
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Evercurious(f): 9:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
ahnie:

Pls do have a nice evening.... remember to drink lots of water.

Thanks for the concern but pls remember what I said. Good night
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Ulunne777(f): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
tuzle:
I have a friend that I call big head sometimes, so will u call that bullying? What I am trying to say is that calling big head isn't an insult, it could even be a joke, although the child may take it as an insult. I was tall from my youth days and I have been called names like iroko, longitude and so on, will I count that as bullying? So refer to someone as big head isn't bullying to me.

My son has a name,a middle name and a surname and none could suffice?He even told me she brought him out before the class to teach with his head as an example.How do you think a 5 yr old new pupil would feel.?Private school at that.

I first reported to the office and found out 2 parents had also had their children complain of the teacher changing their names to a mocking one .I'm not a fool .I know when its
teasing and when one has gone overboard.

Whether of was a joke or tease,it was nipped in the bud and afterwards both are good .My son even topped the class and won a gift from her.He's now in an upper class.

A teacher

2 Likes

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Agboconsult1(m): 10:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
LikeAking:

See correct mama.

LoL...hmm. I hate to see my mother quarelling.
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by 1Sharon(f): 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ulunne777:

My son has a name,a middle name and a surname and none could suffice?He even told me she brought him out before the class to teach with his head as an example.How do you think a 5 yr old new pupil would feel.?Private school at that.

I first reported to the office and found out 2 parents had also had their children complain of the teacher changing their names to a mocking one .I'm not a fool .I know when its

Whether of was a joke or tease,it was nipped in the bud and afterwards both are good .My son even topped the class and won a gift from her.He's now in an upper class.

A teacher

Don't mind them. Nigerians have internalised abuse, so it seems normal.

Even it's teasing, it's still inappropriate. A teacher is supposed to maintain a professional relationship with a student and not a friendship.

1 Like

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by tuzle(m): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Ulunne777:

A teacher
ok I get your point
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Ulunne777(f): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
1Sharon:

Don't mind them. Nigerians have internalised abuse, so it seems normal.

Even it's teasing, it's still inappropriate. A teacher is supposed to maintain a professional relationship with a student and not a friendship.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by Wanity(m): 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mine was in JSS 2 being transferred to the said school newly.

There was tiv boy in the class who just walk up to my sit and start beating me telling me to stand up that the sit belong to him, while to my knowledge the form master was the one who as me to sit there.

I cried everyone was just looking at me and laughing

I heard that the guy died even before we wrote our jce
Re: When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully by ACAN(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2021
TEENS CAN COOK FOUNDATION
In collaboration with
NIGERIA TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA 10 LAGOS)

Present the second edition of the teens can cook competition

For registration and participation
Obtain a form of N5,000 from NTA @ Yaba Lagos office or at 56, opebi road salvation bus/stop Ikeja lagos.

ELIMINATING STAGE
Theory & Practical
31st January to 7th February 2022

SECOND ROUND
Theory & Practical
Wednesday 9th - 13th February 2022

QUARTERFINAL
Theory & Practical, Visiting Big Restaurant in Lagos
Tuesday 15th February 2022

SEMIFINAL
Entertain Calling & Sms from Audience
17th February 2022

FINAL
Timing, Food Presentation, Taste
Monday 21st February 2022

RECOGNITION OF AWARDS AND PRIZE GIVING DAY
Saturday 26th February 2022

The registration form is N5,000

Obtain Your Registration Form @
NTA Yaba Lagos office
or at
No.56 Opebi Road, Salvation B/Stop Ikeja, Lagos.

Prizes to be won are

The winner gets an all-expense-paid trip to the United Kingdom
1st Runner up gets a laptop
2nd Runner up gets a Gas Cooker
3rd Runner up gets a Multifunctional Air Fryer
4th Runner up gets a set of non-stick pots

All payment should be made to
TEENS CAN COOK FOUNDATION
Sterling Alternative Finance Cooperate Account

For inquiries: Contact us:
NTA Marketing Manager 08160087357,
Odunayo on 08051113510 or
Chilove - 08139201829

What are you waiting for? Hurry up now to register

Teens Can Cook uncovering the prominence chef in you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WmGoM6dHNM

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

300 Level UNICAL Student Dies In Her Sleep / Umar Musa University Bans Christian Gatherings Leaving Islamic Gathering Only / See How University Girls Get Their Daily Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.