Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

How Do Pastor Children Cope? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Pastor Children Cope? (1243 Views)

How Does A Working Couple Cope Without A Maid? / How Do You Cope With Pressure To Cheat On Your Spouse? / Husbands Or Wives With Mouth Odour, How Do You Cope? (2) (3) (4)

How Do Pastor Children Cope? by itzvictor219(m): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
As a pastor's child it's killing, the unrealistic expectations set for you by your parents and church members telling you what to do and not to do... It's very annoying. You can't go to some places, can't talk or hangout with certain guys. It's really choking, I always wish I wasn't born into a pastor's family to be honest.
So I'll like to hear from you guys on your experiences and how you were able to overcome it that's if you have oo
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Foodqueen(f): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
When God called your dad, was it a conference call

The many expectations has lead so many astray especially when they get to higher institution.

Just be yourself and do the right thing.

Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
Foodqueen:

The many expectations has lead so many astray especially when they get to higher institution.

What God called them? Lead them astray from what? undecided
What does it mean to do the right thing? undecided
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by itzvictor219(m): 11:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
I do tell people that I'm just a pastor's child and not the pastor himself

Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
itzvictor219:
As a pastor's child it's killing, the unrealistic expectations set for you by your parents and church members telling you what to do and not to do... It's very annoying. You can't go to some places, can't talk or hangout with certain guys. It's really choking, I always wish I wasn't born into a pastor's family to be honest.
So I'll like to hear from you guys on your experiences and how you were able to overcome it that's if you have oo
OP, I will not mince words at all for you. Your parents are not called by God but by their own delusion and ignorance. For if they were, they would not impose such unrealistic expectations on you to begin with nor allow anyone else to. undecided

When you know this, then maybe you will start to see the situation in the right light. Your parents don't truly know God of the Bible... they are like the pharisees and sadducees of old, only they carry the bible around and pretend they know Jesus Christ. What they teach are the doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned are instead lies and an abomination against God and His Truth. Those lies keep people who listen to and heed then from following God's very Truth - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant agreement which He promised since Abraham, through His prophets, to Israel and to bless the nations with - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. And as part of His New Covenant, God decreed that He alone will Shepherd His sheep - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 & John 10 vs 1 - 16. undecided

God did away with all the administrative ideas of the Old Covenant Law of Moses, and instead chose to set Himself up as sole Teacher, Head, Master, Authority, Shepherd, guide, Helper etc., in His New Covenant- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided

God also ensured that unlike His Old Covenant Law of Moses which was was an agreement He made exclusively between Himself and all those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, His New Covenant Agreement, Jesus Christ, would instead be between God Himself and individuals - whether gentile or jew. What this means is that in Jesus Christ, no longer do men have need of middle-men or go-betweens - Matthew 26 vs 28-30 meaning that anyone who is saved has no need for any man but Jesus Christ. undecided

So those who call themselves pastor's, men of god, priests, GOs, Pope's, etc., who set themselves up as teachers, shepherd's, masters , authorities over God's sheep are nothing but frauds, thieves who come to steal from God's sheep, to kill the fat of His sheep and to destroy His flock using His name . undecided

Now you may ask then why did Jesus Christ train His apostles/followers/disciples out to do. Well, the answer is very simple. Jesus Christ trained us and sent us out to teach the New Covenant Law, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, to those in the world - the unsaved. - Matthew 28 vs 16 - 20 & Mark 16 vs 15 - 17 & Luke 24 vs 46 - 48 . The people in the world, they are the ones we are swent to teach the New Covenant to and once they belong to Him, our mission to teach them ends since then they are no longer of the world but of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by TalkTalkTwins(m): 12:41am On Dec 05, 2021
Live your life my man
It was a call, not a conference call.

Even your parents might have diverted from their own parents' religions, so why should you be tied to theirs?

Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by FriendsAndFans(m): 5:57am On Dec 05, 2021
itzvictor219:
I do tell people that I'm just a pastor's child and not the pastor himself

You have your own life to live
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by MufasaLion: 5:58am On Dec 05, 2021
I'd rather be any other person's son that to be a cleric son. Being a cleric son will only put you into some uncomfortable position all through your life except you could break way right from young age.

Damn! I love my freedom.
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by debbydams(f): 7:24am On Dec 05, 2021
itzvictor219:
hummm...I can relate and I understand you, with time things will change
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by debbydams(f): 7:26am On Dec 05, 2021
MufasaLion:
I'd rather be any other person's son that to be a cleric son. Being a cleric son will only put you into some uncomfortable position all through your life except you could break way right from young age.

Damn! I love my freedom.
hummm
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by MufasaLion: 7:28am On Dec 05, 2021
debbydams:
hummm

That's fact. I'm not the type that can be restricted.
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by debbydams(f): 7:43am On Dec 05, 2021
MufasaLion:

That's fact. I'm not the type that can be restricted.
I was born into a Christian family, my dad is pastor, I was restricted from alots of things, no movement, there's limit to things I do,my dad once humiliated me because I used lip gloss..the life style is now part or me I dont keep friends I don't go to parties even if u invite me to your party I won't go..all my friends are married I only attend one ..it tiring to dress up and go to party..I find it difficult to take revenge it will be Asif someone is watching from behind..it really helped me, tho I can do anything I like now

Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by itzvictor219(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
They tell me don't mingle with these ones, they are bad like they know their son very well. I just look at them and smile inside. Once my friends see me at their houses they already know my parents aren't at home and that's the truth. I always wish for them to go out and not come back most times. I know I'll break free from this bondage one day.....
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by greencard: 5:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
OP, I will not mince words at all for you. Your parents are not called by God but by their own delusion and ignorance. For if they were, they would not impose such unrealistic expectations on you to begin with nor allow anyone else to. undecided

When you know this, then maybe you will start to see the situation in the right light. Your parents don't truly know God of the Bible... they are like the pharisees and sadducees of old, only they carry the bible around and pretend they know Jesus Christ. What they teach are the doctrines and traditions of men which Jesus Christ warned are instead lies and an abomination against God and His Truth. Those lies keep people who listen to and heed then from following God's very Truth - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided

Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant agreement which He promised since Abraham, through His prophets, to Israel and to bless the nations with - Jeremiah 31 vs 31 - 34. And as part of His New Covenant, God decreed that He alone will Shepherd His sheep - Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 & John 10 vs 1 - 16. undecided

God did away with all the administrative ideas of the Old Covenant Law of Moses, and instead chose to set Himself up as sole Teacher, Head, Master, Authority, Shepherd, guide, Helper etc., in His New Covenant- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10. undecided

God also ensured that unlike His Old Covenant Law of Moses which was was an agreement He made exclusively between Himself and all those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20, His New Covenant Agreement, Jesus Christ, would instead be between God Himself and individuals - whether gentile or jew. What this means is that in Jesus Christ, no longer do men have need of middle-men or go-betweens - Matthew 26 vs 28-30 meaning that anyone who is saved has no need for any man but Jesus Christ. undecided

So those who call themselves pastor's, men of god, priests, GOs, Pope's, etc., who set themselves up as teachers, shepherd's, masters , authorities over God's sheep are nothing but frauds, thieves who come to steal from God's sheep, to kill the fat of His sheep and to destroy His flock using His name . undecided

Now you may ask then why did Jesus Christ train His apostles/followers/disciples out to do. Well, the answer is very simple. Jesus Christ trained us and sent us out to teach the New Covenant Law, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, to those in the world - the unsaved. - Matthew 28 vs 16 - 20 & Mark 16 vs 15 - 17 & Luke 24 vs 46 - 48 . The people in the world, they are the ones we are swent to teach the New Covenant to and once they belong to Him, our mission to teach them ends since then they are no longer of the world but of the Kingdom of God. undecided
I've observed you well, your post are always against "everything called god" although you do so in a subtle way . But I just knew you are always up to mischief.

Only an antichrist does that

Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by greencard: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
debbydams:
I was born into a Christian family, my dad is pastor, I was restricted from alots of things, no movement, there's limit to things I do,my dad once humiliated me because I used lip gloss..the life style is now part or me I dont keep friends I don't go to parties even if u invite me to your party I won't go..all my friends are married I only attend one ..it tiring to dress up and go to party..I find it difficult to take revenge it will be Asif someone is watching from behind..it really helped me, tho I can do anything I like now
in the end it pays off
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by itzvictor219(m): 6:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
greencard:
in the end it pays off

Wetin dey pay off.... After they've uselessed ur life socially preventing you from mingling with people that's most people take time before they marry cos most guys don't know how to approach girls and keep conversations, no experience at all

Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by iamkingdaniel: 6:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Foodqueen:

Or were you in the group chat? Follow this advice
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by greencard: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
itzvictor219:

Wetin dey pay off.... After they've uselessed ur life socially preventing you from mingling with people that's most people take time before they marry cos most guys don't know how to approach girls and keep conversations, no experience at all
smiles , but it does

How's the life of those they allow to mix freely better yours?
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by greencard: 6:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
itzvictor219:

really don't know why people in light want to taste darkness

Nothing is actually fun in the other side, just regrets and bad experiences with plenty baggages from wasted life in the name of having fun
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by ImaIma1(f): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Are.you a Jehovah's witness
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
ImaIma1:
Are.you a Jehovah's witness
Point out the portion of that writeup that you believe is of JW origin. undecided
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
greencard:
I've observed you well, your post are always against "everything called god" although you do so in a subtle way . But I just knew you are always up to mischief.

Only an antichrist does that
Point out the antiChrist portion of the writeup for us all to see. undecided

Please note: your Pastors and mogs are not Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by ImaIma1(f): 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Point out the portion of that writeup that you believe is of JW origin. undecided

Never mind. I've got my answer.
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Vision101(m): 2:35am On Dec 06, 2021
@greencard

Only an antichrist does that.

@me
Please don't waste your time reading or commenting on what he writes. Sometimes they are incoherent. I think something happened along the line.
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Vision101(m): 2:39am On Dec 06, 2021
@ImaIma1

Are.you a Jehovah's witness.

@me
Hahahaha. That man? Some knots are off.
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Vision101(m): 3:10am On Dec 06, 2021
It's really difficult to be a pastor, pastor's wife or pastor's child. So much expectations. Everybody watches you. If you do what others are doing your friends will remind you that you are pastors son.

As a pastor if you have a bad tenant you can't do what other landlords do to bad tenants. If you try it the same bad tenant will remind you that you call yourself a pastor.

If someone hits your car, you can't talk angrily on the road. Within minutes someone that knows you will emerge. I have had to spend #700k this year on my car that was totally damaged by someone that could not afford #20k.

You can't eat anywhere you want. When you attend parties you can't eat in public. Everyone brings their problems to you but you have no one to take your problem to.

It's worse for those of us that render free service. Your children only see sacrifices. They become scared to become pastors. Statistics show that majority of pastors seeds have no desire to be one.

When I carry my own too far, my wife will remind me that she didn't marry me as a pastor but as an accountant. My son will tell me that there are various routes through Jesus to heaven.

Will the world ever understand?
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Richy4(m): 5:29am On Dec 06, 2021
Don't let the society dictate to you how to live your life buddy...

Though it's a public knowledge that preachers kids are something else. ( I won't use the right word)... It's just speculation...

Be free.. Did u see how Prince Harry broke out with the expectations of the society... He's still paying the price but he doesn't mind/care...

Just do stuffs that will make u happy as long as it was not hurting any one
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by MsFaith: 7:51am On Dec 06, 2021
Vision101:
It's really difficult to be a pastor, pastor's wife or pastor's child. So much expectations. Everybody watches you. If you do what others are doing your friends will remind you that you are pastors son.

As a pastor if you have a bad tenant you can't do what other landlords to bad tenants. If you try it the same bad tenant will remind you that you call yourself a pastor.

If someone hits your car, you can't talk angrily on the road. Within minutes someone that knows you will emerge. I have had to spend #700k this year on my car that was totally damaged by someone that could not afford #20k.

You can't eat anywhere you want. When you attend parties you can't eat in public. Everyone brings their problems to you but you have no one to take your problem to.

It's worse for those of us that render free service. Your children only see sacrifices. They become scared to become pastors. Statistics show that majority of pastors seeds have no desire to be one.

When I carry my own too far, my wife will remind me that she didn't marry me as a pastor but as an accountant. My son will tell me that there are various routes through Jesus to heaven.

Will the world ever understand?

My own is, can’t you people be godly men without necessarily becoming a pastor?
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by itzvictor219(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
MsFaith:

I tire oo
God bless you.....People are watching you that's what they say, e no go better for anybody watching me se
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
MsFaith:
Your Pastors, all of whom follow the doctrines and traditions of men , aren't godly in the real sense pf Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by Vision101(m): 12:27am On Dec 07, 2021
@MsFaith

@me
Most good pastors didn't set out initially to be one. Most resisted it. If you are made for it, God knows how to get you into it.

The reason why I came into RCCG was that I wanted to belong to a large church where no one will notice me. I just wanted to worship my God quietly. God had a different plan. I resisted it for a long time but the signs were there. God prepared his own route to what he wanted.

To answer your question directly everyone can't be sheep. There will always be shepherd. And as for the common insinuation by the public not everyone that is in it for material gain. A lot are top professionals using their money and time to finance God's work in churches that they are not the owners.

It sounds unbelievable to the materialistic mind.
Re: How Do Pastor Children Cope? by kwaso2: 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
itzvictor219:

Victor, I guess you came here to hear what you want. Dont let the wrong people advice you.....

Should I Do This? / Facebook: Maiden Name Or Hubby Name / Did I Say The Wrong Thing To My Uncle?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99