Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,368 members, 7,957,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour (4100 Views)

See The Moment Elephant Sit On People During Sit-at-home (Photos) / Did Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe Betray His People During The War? This Is What He Said!! / Twitter User Describes Macron's Visit To Nigeria & Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gotze1:
So you mean Anambra, enugu, and ebonyi people are not real igbo hahahahaha
Lol, e no shock you?
Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

The colourisation didn't do justice.

The girl there had a blue/brown eye. Northcorte took the picture and she was described appropriately.

You can even see that the colorisation is not very natural.
Oga go to bed with your chronic delusions. This is a darkskinned lady in this picture. If she was light you'd even know from the black and white picture let alone colourized one.

3 Likes

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gotze1:
grin

So the light skin igbos are the real igbos while the larger percentage dark igbos are fake igbos hahahahaha
Yes bro. The vast majority of Eboes are fake, lol. Many of them are just darkskinned Igalas masquerading as Eboe.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
Gotze1:
Hahahahaha, you are a fake igbo hahahahaha
Lol, this thing dey pain the dark skinned Eboes like mad, lmao. Fake Eboes everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Vintagepipes: 6:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Newton85:
Oga go to bed with your chronic delusions. This is a darkskinned lady in this picture. If she was light you'd even know from the black and white picture let alone colourized one.

What an irony, your name is "Newton"? How do you know a light skinned Negro in a black and white 1907 picture?

Please, you can do better!

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Vintagepipes: 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
Newton85:
Yes bro. The vast majority of Eboes are fake, lol. Many of them are just darkskinned Igalas masquerading as Eboe.

Oh! I didn't know I was debating with a mentally challenged person.

Get well soon.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Oh! I didn't know I was debating with a mentally challenged person.

Get well soon.
Lol, but I wasn't the one that claimed darkskinned Eboes are fake Eboes na? It was your fellow mmkpuru mmiri bloda that claimed Mr. Ibu and Ikpeazu are fake Eboes, lol.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

What an irony, your name is "Newton"? How do you know a light skinned Negro in a black and white 1907 picture?

Please, you can do better!
The lady in the picture is darkskinned.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

..............Yes, I understand ...
......however you know the whites were so big on colourism, and even the slave descendants carried on with this.

......Do you wonder why there was such a term as "Red Eboes"?
....... When you read deep you would understand.......However, before the white men came to Africa, Igbo men even preferred the "darker women". A debate with Obi Ossai and either Oldfield or Baikie (I can't remember). King Obie said this himself.

...but it is important to establish the fact that most of our ancestors were naturally fair and not as a result of white mixing or bleaching as other Nigerians like to tease.

This is another of Igbos being generally dark.

What the OP uploaded is not from Captain Crow, I believe that was from Captain John Adams.
If "MOST" of your ancestors were naturally fair, how come the vast majority of you Eboes are now darkskinned? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
BKayy:

I hate talking about what Nnamdi Kanu said that day but I can never forget it.
It was all shades of blunders and inferiority complex that I have ever witnessed.

That faithful day, he talked about Igbo migration from Israel, how they came in three factions "Arodi, Areli and the other one". He said that they met indigenous people he called "Bijango people" that the first Areli was Eri and he civilised the Bijango people who were of dark Bantu African phenotype. Then after the second and to Arodi, who he claimed founded Aro and brought the Jewish ark of covenant with him to Arochukwu at Ihechiowa meaning (in his voice) where the light of God rested on the very face of the earth.
That the descendants of these three are the Igbo and they are categorised as extremely light skinned or very fair like him and the rest of the black ones among us are the descendants of the Bijango people.

Remembering this makes me feel like giving that dude a very hot slap.
So, Achebe, Zik, Obi Cubana, Innoson are Bijango people? Hahahahahaha? I've learned something new. May Chukwu Okike Abiama continue to bless Ohamadickhead in prison.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 7:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
Baltazarcus:

[/b]
Indeed you are a student of radio biafra . I too listened to that lecture .
At the bolded you should not feel that way .come to think of it this way , how do u explain the fair complexion of some Igbo to the extent of being as fair as a Caucasian people . To me there must be a migration of one race Into Igbo land and the cross breeding that followed suit.
You mean their are Eboes as fair as white people? Hahahaha, these meth people and their chronic psychosis, insecurity and low self esteem.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
BKayy:

You are more foolish than I thought.

If I want to help fools, I engage those that have hope of redemption.

As you can see, you have no hope. Only you can help yourself.

Keep whatever you have been planning to say to me since you registered on Nairaland aside and read about the paper bag test, it's adoption by the slaves and subsequently freed slaves.
I think this short answer from a reasonable person can help you in your quest for self redemption. He posted some sources in it so that it can help people like you. I would have posted many shots from my books, but like I said "I am not interested in helping you"

https://www.ferris.edu/HTMLS/news/jimcrow/question/2014/february.htm

Don't ever quote me again.
Thanks

When you finish beating about the bush, state the relationship betweeen brown bag test and native africans. A nonenity throwing meaningless big words tthat you dont even understand jusst to sound smart. hOlodo. Tue

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by BKayy: 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Hope you can still remember how to read.

Surprise the generational stupidity embedded in your DNA and attempt to read this. I knew you wouldn't open it before because you lack the basic IQ required for any living thing to reason

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by IGBOSON1: 1:58am On Dec 06, 2021
BKayy:

So you left the message and fixated on "likes" that add nothing to anyone's pocket.
You have serious issues. I think you need to ascertain why you post on this forum.
Is it for likes? Or to make a point?

After doing that, I will like you to Google this "PAPER BAG TEST", it was a discriminatory practice based on complexion by slaves in the carribean. A stupid practice that cost them unity and subsequently eternal slaves for ever.

The place that carried out that stupid practice extensively was Jamaica and till date, it is the only country with 98% blacks that is not independent and will never be until they receive sense.

I believe you now understand why I have to cut you and your fellow ignoramuses short when you are still starting.
If I have not heard of this stupidity from "Radio Biafra" and Nnamdi Kanu's mouth himself, I would have ignored you lots but since I've heard it from someone that some inferiors now consider God, I have to warn you before you dig your own grave by yourselves.

Nobody is telling idiots like you people not to roll in stupidity but, using something similar to the shameful paper bag test that can destroy the Igbo nation and put you ignoramuses at existential risk is something I can not condone.

In almost all of Igbo families, they are divided between the two shades and I can't allow any of you idiots instigate something that might pose harm to any of it

So any way I choose to talk to both of you, no matter how aggressive or unappealing it sounds, you two and your group DESERVE IT.

I don't pamper stupidity.

You really are a cantankerous slimeball! If you 'don't pamper stupidity' then put a gun to your head and blow your brains out!

Ain't it funny that you arrogate to your quarrelsome self, the 'authority' to decide what one can or can't comment on on a thread!? It smacks of being a control-freak with a disturbed mind when you read misplaced and unwarranted meanings into posts based on your own paranoia, fears and insecurities, and then go off on a rant about 'paper bag' nonsense.....like i give a shit!

If you had issues with the points the OP raised, you should have directed you misplaced rant at the original post....esp' seeing as you don't have a case to begin with!

I was in agreement with the OP to the extent that....based on the extract quoting the observations of the explorer Captain Crow, and from my own observations too....that IN PRE-COLONIAL TIMES, THERE WAS A HIGHER INCIDENCE OF LIGHTER-SKINNED IGBOS AS A PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION THAN IS PRESENTLY THE CASE TODAY! It's only a quarrelsome, nit-picking asswipe like you that would read that and have your imagination run wild about 'paper-bags....shopping-bags' and all the other horseshit you posted up there! If you can't live with my observation and my position, then you can go get a strong rope and hang!

You may not have realised it, seeing as you're thick as a plank, but as you're screaming that 'Igbos are all black as charcoal', you're inadvertently making light-skinned Igbos feel there's something wrong with them and that they are 'impostors'....not 'real Igbos' since they're not dark-skinned like majority of their kinsfolk are! YOU are the schmuck that is creating a caste-system....in your case, one that favours dark-skinned Igbos!

Mazi Kanu remains my hero till tomorrow! I may not agree with all he says and his position on how to go about the struggle...but he remains my hero nonetheless! The difference between you and i is our approach to disagreeing with him, and this is what ultimately exposes you for the fraud and 5th-columnist you actually are! You've managed to fool a lot of Igbos and others on here with your fake 'pro-Igbo' stance, but i noticed long ago that there's something sinister, deceptive and nasty about you!

For a happier and more content life, learn to let go of the desire to 'police' any and every post you feel isn't in keeping with your own position!

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Guestlander: 2:39am On Dec 06, 2021
BKayy:

Nope, there was never anytime there was higher percentage of fair Igbo.

Lets not allow this stupidity go far.
The report said "many" which means a sizeable amount not "most"

This is a black skinned IPOB protesting being discriminated against by the people he labor day and night to defend.
Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by FantasyHub: 10:10am On Dec 06, 2021
European, American, African..., White , Black, Red..., East , West, North, and South ; looks like anything that doesn't talk about IGBO MAN didn't come to this world.

What a people.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
IGBOSON1:

You really are a cantankerous slimeball! If you 'don't pamper stupidity' then put a gun to your head and blow your brains out!

Ain't it funny that you arrogate to your quarrelsome self, the 'authority' to decide what one can or can't comment on on a thread!? It smacks of being a control-freak with a disturbed mind when you read misplaced and unwarranted meanings into posts based on your own paranoia, fears and insecurities, and then go off on a rant about 'paper bag' nonsense.....like i give a shit!

If you had issues with the points the OP raised, you should have directed you misplaced rant at the original post....esp' seeing as you don't have a case to begin with!

I was in agreement with the OP to the extent that....based on the extract quoting the observations of the explorer Captain Crow, and from my own observations too....that IN PRE-COLONIAL TIMES, THERE WAS A HIGHER INCIDENCE OF LIGHTER-SKINNED IGBOS AS A PERCENTAGE OF THE POPULATION THAN IS PRESENTLY THE CASE TODAY! It's only a quarrelsome, nit-picking asswipe like you that would read that and have your imagination run wild about 'paper-bags....shopping-bags' and all the other horseshit you posted up there! If you can't live with my observation and my position, then you can go get a strong rope and hang!

You may not have realised it, seeing as you're thick as a plank, but as you're screaming that 'Igbos are all black as charcoal', you're inadvertently making light-skinned Igbos feel there's something wrong with them and that they are 'impostors'....not 'real Igbos' since they're not dark-skinned like majority of their kinsfolk are! YOU are the schmuck that is creating a caste-system....in your case, one that favours dark-skinned Igbos!

Mazi Kanu remains my hero till tomorrow! I may not agree with all he says and his position on how to go about the struggle...but he remains my hero nonetheless! The difference between you and i is our approach to disagreeing with him, and this is what ultimately exposes you for the fraud and 5th-columnist you actually are! You've managed to fool a lot of Igbos and others on here with your fake 'pro-Igbo' stance, but i noticed long ago that there's something sinister, deceptive and nasty about you!

For a happier and more content life, learn to let go of the desire to 'police' any and every post you feel isn't in keeping with your own position!
Lightskinned Eboes are the real Eboes, darkskinned ones are just Bijango people masquerading as Eboe. Ask Onyendu Ohamadickhead.
Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by IGBOSON1: 3:06pm On Dec 06, 2021
Newton85:
Lightskinned Eboes are the real Eboes, darkskinned ones are just Bijango people masquerading as Eboe. Ask Onyendu Ohamadickhead.

It’s a free world mate! Sadly, it allows even demented beings like you to hold an opinion on issues....even issues that have fuckall to do with you! smiley

By the way, could you provide a link showing where ‘Ohamadickhead’ said some ‘Eboes’ are the real McCoy based on their lighter complexion!?
Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
IGBOSON1:

It’s a free world mate! Sadly, it allows even demented beings like you to hold an opinion on issues....even issues that have fuckall to do with you! smiley

By the way, could you provide a link showing where ‘Ohamadickhead’ said some ‘Eboes’ are the real McCoy based on their lighter complexion!?
Shut up, you this darkskinned Bijango fake Eboe cretin.
Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala
Dominique

Rule 2 violated.
Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by IGBOSON1: 11:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
Newton85:
Shut up, you this darkskinned Bijango fake Eboe cretin.

Interesting observation! You must tell the rest of us how you manage to tell ones complexion over the internet! smiley

Now diseased swine, let's talk about you.....your own ethnicity and complexion! You're probably from a grp that has a social strata based on complexion, so i guess you could be forgiven for thinking that's the case everywhere else!

You know, telling me to 'shut up' won't make me forget the initial question i asked you....when and where did you hear Mazi Kanu say light-skinned Igbos are the 'real' ones while the dark-skinned are 'fake'!? Or are you usually in the habit of making assertions you can't back up?
Re: Captain Hugh Crow, British Explorer, Describes Igbo People During His Tour by Newton85: 6:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
This is the thread bro aribisala0

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Warranty: China To Replace Nigerias Satellite For Free / Senator Chris Anyanwu;the Woman Who Passed The Bill That Allows Sex With 11 Year / The Jan 15th 1966 Military Coup Was Not An 'igbo Coup'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.