Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

IQ Test: Can You Answer It? - Forum Games (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / IQ Test: Can You Answer It? (30518 Views)

Optical Illusion For Testing The IQ: Can You Help The Bestman Find Wedding Ring / Solve This Riddle If You Have A High IQ / Can You Solve This IQ Test? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by iamdapsyj(m): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2021
Help2020:

I answered Zuze before I saw your reply. Yes followed the vowel letters too. A,e,o,u..
The answer is Johny na.....it stated Johnny's father which means Johny is a son too. That completes the list..

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by rottennaija(m): 10:00am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:

When answering this kind of tricky question, avoid that part that was purposely inserted to confuse you and follow that part that has consistent pattern.

No. Questions like this actually has a very simple answer that is part of the question.
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Vanilla4(f): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2021
Johny...

Zuze is correct if Johny middle name is Zuze or Johny is also a middle name of the other four children.
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Mcanie: 10:03am On Dec 06, 2021
English name Johny. Native name Zuze.

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Khemhyte(f): 10:03am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?
Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Snakedoctor1: 10:04am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?

Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by damosky12(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:

When answering this kind of tricky question, avoid that part that was purposely inserted to confuse you and follow that part that has consistent pattern.

The consistent pattern was intended to distract you from the fact that the person is Johnny's father. Johnny is the fifth son...

3 Likes

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by isaiah4life(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2021
The question clearly stated that the father have 5 sons and not 5children. There is a possibility that he has other children and one of such children is johny. Who happen to be a girl.

From my assertion, Johny is one of his daughters. The nomenclature johny was put there to cause confusion.

The question was just concern on the number of sons and not all his children.

It is a logical question that requires logical thinking to decipher, sir.

This is my stand, sir. Thank you.

Godson32:
Why do they call the man Johnny's father when they haven't mentioned Johnny as one of his sons.

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by isaiah4life(m): 10:06am On Dec 06, 2021
wink

HairyBalls:

You're right tho.... since the question stated that the father had five sons not five children.,

Jony could as well be his daughter..but most people would assume it's a son...

Spits angry
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Tribu(m): 10:07am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?

JOHNNY na
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Idzitari1(m): 10:10am On Dec 06, 2021
Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Adimx567(m): 10:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Zuze is the name of the last son grin
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Opexzy: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?

Often time when yoy see riddles like this... The first answer that comes to your mind is always wrong... Try and try and try until you find a more simpler and convincing answer, most times the answer will make you smile...

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Zephyr1: 10:18am On Dec 06, 2021
Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by ThierryJay: 10:20am On Dec 06, 2021
isaiah4life:

The question clearly stated that the father have 5 sons and not 5children. There is a possibility that he has other children and one of such children is johny. Who happen to be a girl.

From my assertion, Johny is one of his daughters. The nomenclature johny was put there to cause confusion.

The question was just concern on the number of sons and not all his children.

It is a logical question that requires logical thinking to decipher, sir.

This is my stand, sir. Thank you.

What you put up there is not logical thinking at all. Its more of the usual excuse many Nigerians put up when they give wrong answers to aptitude questions.

One of the cardinal rules of comprehension questions is that you dont import assumptions into it and give your responses based on that. You are required to stick to the facts given in the background.

Where in the question did they tell you or imply that Johnny's father had a daughter? How can "Johnny's father had 5 sons" be conclusively interpreted to mean he also had a daughter when there is no other pointer given in the background? Trying to link Johnny to the name of his existing or non-existent daughter is a weak assumption and an automatic fail of the question.

You have made many assumptions. The aeiou principle was a very obvious expectation from the background but not a mandatory one. The fact that he named his first four sons after a,e,i and o does not automatically mean the fifth would follow in that order. The fact that there is clearly another son named Johnny, is a stronger point than the expected fifth name of Zuze. But you pitched tent with the assumptions and left the fact. Typical recipe for mistakes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by shigishege: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2021
If not Johny it will be zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by naijapower(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2021
Zuze. common vowel sound logic
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Eteka1(m): 10:24am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?
ZUZE
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Canvass: 10:27am On Dec 06, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Your intelligence get as e be o! grin

So if Isiah’s father gives birth to 10 children, none of the children will bear the name Isiah?

What if Johnny is female, trans, neuter or any of the LGBTQs. In these days of Bobrisky and Jay Boogie, when anyone can bear any name and assume any sex, I think it's safe to stick with a fast rule like A,E,I,O,U even if 'Johnny ' is logically correct answer.

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by hohafrank(m): 10:28am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?
Zuze is the name of the fifty.
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
u fit name ur daughter johny ?
lmaoooooo

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Kolaboluv7(m): 10:31am On Dec 06, 2021
angry

Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by eomonkhegbele: 10:32am On Dec 06, 2021
Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by isaiah4life(m): 10:34am On Dec 06, 2021
With all due respect, sir. I stated that to explain it in a lay man understanding.

If you are talking about logic, I am good at it. I am not mincing words when I tell you that I can solve GMAT and other aptitude test effortlessly. I understand the principles involved in arriving at a plausible questions answers.

This is even one of the easier logical questions I have glimpsed.

ThierryJay:

What you put up there is not logical thinking at all. Its more of the usual excuse many Nigerians put up when they give wrong answers to aptitude questions.

One of the cardinal rules of comprehension questions is that you dont import assumptions into it and give your responses based on that. You are required to stick to the facts given in the background.

Where in the question did they tell you or imply that Johnny's father had a daughter? How can "Johnny's father had 5 sons" be conclusively interpreted to mean he also had a daughter when there is no other pointer given in the background? Trying to link Johnny to the name of his existing or non-existent daughter is a weak assumption and an automatic fail of the question.

You have made many assumptions. The aeiou principle was a very obvious expectation from the background but not a mandatory one. The fact that he named his first four sons after a,e,i and o does not automatically mean the fifth would follow in that order. The fact that there is clearly another son named Johnny, is a stronger point than the expected fifth name of Zuze. But you pitched tent with the assumptions and left the fact. Typical recipe for mistakes.

2 Likes

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by LollySeaSide: 10:38am On Dec 06, 2021
The fifth son?
Johny, aka Zuze.
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by LollySeaSide: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?
The question is grammatically incorrect.
Johny's father have has ...
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Lordofalmajiri(f): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Viltron:
these sort of questions aimed at tricking people are often not well put together

The statement should have clearly state whether Johnny's father has ONLY five children but of course they want people to feel dumb
is like your eyes is decieving you?? Where did you see ONLY??
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:44am On Dec 06, 2021
isaiah4life:
Zuze.

How I arrived at my answer.

The second letter after the first letter are vowel letters. So, the first son has "A", the second son has "E", the third son has "I", the fourth son "O"and the fifth son will automatically have "U".

A E I 0 U

Therefore, the last son name will be ZUZE

Should I drop my account number to claim my prize? Abeg Christmas don set reach and sapa dey.

The vowels are a distraction lol. I thought the same thing too but I was wrong

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Abdelux223: 10:46am On Dec 06, 2021
isaiah4life:
Zuze.

How I arrived at my answer.

The second letter after the first letter are vowel letters. So, the first son has "A", the second son has "E", the third son has "I", the fourth son "O"and the fifth son will automatically have "U".

A E I 0 U

Therefore, the last son name will be ZUZE

Should I drop my account number to claim my prize? Abeg Christmas don set reach and sapa dey.

GENIUS I GET IT AS WELL

1 Like

Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by lordatkinson07(m): 10:49am On Dec 06, 2021
Zuze
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by 1bunne4lif(m): 10:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Psoul:
Can you answer this?
Block Head JOHNY
Re: IQ Test: Can You Answer It? by Bekermann(m): 10:57am On Dec 06, 2021
1. ZAZE

2. ZEZE

3. ZIZE

4. ZOZE

5. ZUZE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Truth Or Dare / What Does A 75 Year Old Woman Have In Between Her Breast? / Who Would You Call In This Case? (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.