Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? (23408 Views)

Photostory: Queues As UK Embassy Resumes Visa Processing In Lagos / UK To Resume Visa Processing In Nigeria On July 28 / German Visit Visa How Do I Go About It Myself, Dont Want To Use Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by DeipTruth(f): 7:30am On Dec 06, 2021
Afriqan:

The mistake y'all keep making is thinking travel agency work is restricted to these popular travel schemes alone... It is way beyond that.

I don't know what you're trying to defend here.

Numerous travel agency have scammed people millions and rendered some helpless and even some are in jail.

Most Travel agents in Nigeria are mostly scum they're scammers.
Stop trying to defend that. It doesn't make sense.

That's how one foolish man was scammed $5000usd from an agency who's also a lawyer.

I told the fool to give me only $500 for my stress to set things up for him. He said i trust the agency.

Long story short, the lawyer only got him a tourist visa instead of about 4yrs he was looking for.
Instead of doing the needful, visit the country first on tourist visa stay for few days while processing your need to stay further for work Visa. I told him he trusted a scammer that haven't traveled outside Nigeria before against my advise that have been to more than 8 countries and schooled and worked there before coming back last year to Naija.

He was so mad.

I told him to enjoy his 30days.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Eriokanmi: 7:50am On Dec 06, 2021
Olibboy:
Back then when Cyber cafe is the only hope
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 06, 2021
DeipTruth:

I don't know what you're trying to defend here.

Numerous travel agency have scammed people millions and rendered some helpless and even some are in jail.

Anyone who scams in any area of business should be made to face the law. But sometimes the scams do come from clients. Let me give you a personal example:

Client asked me to process 3 visas for 3 individuals an emergency appointment, I did so, visa came out beautifully well, even when the client was fighting visa officers in the Abuja embassy, my internal source covered for them. Client refused to balance up even months after I had done the visa. It was after I took strong and desperate measures before I could get my balance.

Now how many agents will come out to complain about clients who default agreements? It's always the agents that get blamed cos the average Nigerian thinks once he pays you anything, you must provide a visa even if he doesn't have complete documents.

So it's always easy to complain about agents and while I don't support notorious agents, it's a 2-way street. Clients too do scam agents once visa is out. This is a fact!
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by membranus: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2021
solasoulmusic:

I have a partner agency that does that paid interview like emergency date selection
Thanks Sister.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by okunfemm(m): 9:13am On Dec 06, 2021
Pls send the link to my contact on my signature. Thanks

U can send me a PM lemme get the link from the admin n send to u. I am not d admin neither am I travelling for now. Am just following up to apply for scholarships if necessary
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Bigsteveg(m): 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2021

U can send me a PM lemme get the link from the admin n send to u. I am not d admin neither am I travelling for now. Am just following up to apply for scholarships if necessary

Hello Chief, i have sent you a pm. Can you just help paste the link here or i should give you my whatsapp number here.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by ojuteola: 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
I will also like a link if you don't mind
sirgalahad26:

Nice!
Can I get links to one of those groups or a contact?!
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Karac: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2021
Afriqan:

Anyone who scams in any area of business should be made to face the law. But sometimes the scams do come from clients. Let me give you a personal example:

Client asked me to process 3 visas for 3 individuals an emergency appointment, I did so, visa came out beautifully well, even when the client was fighting visa officers in the Abuja embassy, my internal source covered for them. Client refused to balance up even months after I had done the visa. It was after I took strong and desperate measures before I could get my balance.

Now how many agents will come out to complain about clients who default agreements? It's always the agents that get blamed cos the average Nigerian thinks once he pays you anything, you must provide a visa even if he doesn't have complete documents.

So it's always easy to complain about agents and while I don't support notorious agents, it's a 2-way street. Clients too do scam agents once visa is out. This is a fact!

Are you an agent?
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by ObinnaValentine: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
I know this online course that shows you how you can relocate to Canada using a student visa and avoiding unnecessary drama from agents..the vendor is actually based in Canada though but a Nigerian..

Na jes money dey keep most of us from japa
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by DeipTruth(f): 8:23am On Dec 13, 2021

Why would you give someone his visa when he hasn't paid full what you agreed, emergency ni emergency ko, business is business.

If you don't pay me, am not releasing your full document and you ought to sign the agreement papers to avoid such evil person.

Anyways, there's a thread today that another notorious fraud agent scammer on NL and probably beyond.

His name is Sheyi Sholabi or SPOSH TRAVELS have scammed numerous people shamelessly for over a decade to still prove that 99.5% of travel agency in Nigeria is run by scammers.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Mckenzy99(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2021
Can you please help with a reliable travel agent?
Is it necessary to use a travel agent? No! But the issue is that they have more experience and have dealt with a variety of cases, as such using them isn't a bad idea. It'll save you the cost and time involved in doing personal research and eliminate unnecessary errors, which could make you spend more or risk visa denial, especially if you're not the meticulous type.

PS: 90% of you who think you can do it alone would make a lot of mistakes even filling the visa application form so why not leave it to the experts?

Oversabi isn't always the best thing.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Bigsteveg(m): 7:21am On Jan 05, 2022

Can you pls send me a PM and let me reply you, i cant send you. Or can i just provide my whatsapp number
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by samckanify(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2023
Unfortunately, I also got scammed by the same SHEYI SHOBAYO of the infamous SposhTravelsandTours.
My story is a long and interesting one. I'm going to share it here cos someone will definitely learn from it.
DeipTruth:

Why would you give someone his visa when he hasn't paid full what you agreed, emergency ni emergency ko, business is business.

If you don't pay me, am not releasing your full document and you ought to sign the agreement papers to avoid such evil person.

Anyways, there's a thread today that another notorious fraud agent scammer on NL and probably beyond.

His name is Sheyi Sholabi or SPOSH TRAVELS have scammed numerous people shamelessly for over a decade to still prove that 99.5% of travel agency in Nigeria is run by scammers.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Sisib15: 8:36pm On Apr 20, 2023
Please when you share it, quote me so I can learn from it
samckanify:
Unfortunately, I also got scammed by the same SHEYI SHOBAYO of the infamous SposhTravelsandTours.
My story is a long and interesting one. I'm going to share it here cos someone will definitely learn from it.
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by samckanify(m): 12:54pm On May 11, 2023
Sisib15:
Please when you share it, quote me so I can learn from it

On the 20th of June, 2022, Sheyi Shobayo announced that he has 2 remaining slots, out of 7 for anyone interested in getting a Canadian work permit (visa) which will cost 2.350.000 (Two million, three hundred and fifty thousand naira). He gave a time frame of 90 days. According to him, if visa was not issued after 90 days, the initial deposit of 450,000 Naira would be returned.

Upon receipt of the mail, I contacted him and he asked me to pay so they can start working as the documents are on ground. I transferred the sum of 450,000 naira from my GTBANK account to his KUDA MFBANK as requested by him.

22nd June, 2022, he asked for several details to enable him file the application. I was under the impression that he had secured the work contract and ready to file for visa; I obliged him all the details he requested.

5th of July, 2022, he demanded for visa/biometrics fees. Equivalent of $240 was sent to him in naira.

July 26th, 2022, a friend my mine whose name is Blessing Nneka Obasai, said she would be interested in the Canadian work permit offer. I contacted Sheyi Shobayo, he said he could take one more person. Same day, Blessing Nneka Obasi transferred the sum of 450,000 into his account (Wema Bank:Sposh Travels and Tours: 7810732125)

12th of August, 2022, Sheyi Shobayo sent a message asking where I would like to go for my biometrics? Lagos, I said.

14th of September, Sheyi Shobayo sent another messge via whatsapp, saying that my job would be ready, same week. I reminded him that over 1 month ago, he said my biometrics letter was going to be out. But there's no update on that. On this same date, he sent a biometrics letter to Miss. Nneka Obasi, asking her to go for her biometrics in Ghana. She was told that she couldn't do it in Ghana, that she has to go back to Lagos for her biometrics.

Nneka Obasi had to travel down to Lagos, the following week so she could do her biometrics. She spent over 2 weeks in Lagos but Sheyi Shobayo couldn't come up with another biometrics letter as promised. Instead, he denied being aware she was in Lagos. Even when I sent him a message, informing him that she was in Lagos for her biometrics.

After the 14th of September, I asked Sheyi Shobayo for update on my application? He couldn't give me a tangible response. On the 23rd, 29th, and 30th September, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 11th of October, I sent him series of messages, asking when I'll get my biometrics letter? Most of them, he ignored.

On the 13th of October, 2022, at about 2.18pm, Sheyi Shobayo sent me a biometrics letter which he received on the 15th of September. Now, the biometrics letter was going to expire the next day. It was valid for 30 days. He said I should not go to VFS the next day because there won't be space for me. That he has to apply for another biometrics letter. I asked why he waited till after 27 days before sending the letter to me? He said he forgot.

5 weeks went by, and there was no biometrics letter. Nneka Obasi asked Sheyi Shobayo to send back her money. It was over 3 months, already and no sign of progress. At a point, she stopped chatting with him because she complained that Sheyi Shobayo is a rude person and lacks manners. So, I was the person talking to Sheyi on our behalf.

On the 16th of November, I asked Sheyi Shobayo to return all monies sent to him. As there's no proof that we are making progress. He insisted that the process was on and needed more time. On the 29th of November, he sent me a mail and asked me to get in touch with Nneka. That she should come back to Lagos for her biometrics. When I studied the correspondence, I realized that Sheyi Shobayo applied for a visit visa for Nneka Obasi. When I asked why the visa application changed from work permit to tourist visa? He said it's visitor to work permit. I told him that it is NOT possible to convert Canadian visit visa to work permit. He claimed that it was his job.

When I questioned him further, he told me that he was processing a working holiday visa. I asked him to send me a link from Canadian website because I know that Nigeria doesn't participate in the IEC visa. He took offense and has been ignoring my messages, ever since

Being aware of the trick he wanted to play, we decided that he must return the money we gave him. He has failed to process a Canadian work permit as agreed, within the 90 days time frame. This is the 6th month, I have not gone for biometrics. The biometrics letter he sent to me was scrutinized and I found out that he also applied for a visit visa for me. That was not our agreement. His story for non performance is unending and it has become obvious that Sheyi Shobayo is in breach of our agreement. Yet, he is still holding on to our hard earned funds with impunity.

Right now, he says he's out of the country. To him, there's nothing I can do.

[b][/b]Part 2 of my story will feature next week.[
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Sisib15: 1:13pm On May 11, 2023
Wow, most people have been complaining about him. I thibk you should report the scammer to the police
samckanify:

On the 20th of June, 2022, Sheyi Shobayo announced that he has 2 remaining slots, out of 7 for anyone interested in getting a Canadian work permit (visa) which will cost 2.350.000 (Two million, three hundred and fifty thousand naira). He gave a time frame of 90 days. According to him, if visa was not issued after 90 days, the initial deposit of 450,000 Naira would be returned.

Upon receipt of the mail, I contacted him and he asked me to pay so they can start working as the documents are on ground. I transferred the sum of 450,000 naira from my GTBANK account to his KUDA MFBANK as requested by him.

22nd June, 2022, he asked for several details to enable him file the application. I was under the impression that he had secured the work contract and ready to file for visa; I obliged him all the details he requested.

5th of July, 2022, he demanded for visa/biometrics fees. Equivalent of $240 was sent to him in naira.

July 26th, 2022, a friend my mine whose name is Blessing Nneka Obasai, said she would be interested in the Canadian work permit offer. I contacted Sheyi Shobayo, he said he could take one more person. Same day, Blessing Nneka Obasi transferred the sum of 450,000 into his account (Wema Bank:Sposh Travels and Tours: 7810732125)

12th of August, 2022, Sheyi Shobayo sent a message asking where I would like to go for my biometrics? Lagos, I said.

14th of September, Sheyi Shobayo sent another messge via whatsapp, saying that my job would be ready, same week. I reminded him that over 1 month ago, he said my biometrics letter was going to be out. But there's no update on that. On this same date, he sent a biometrics letter to Miss. Nneka Obasi, asking her to go for her biometrics in Ghana. She was told that she couldn't do it in Ghana, that she has to go back to Lagos for her biometrics.

Nneka Obasi had to travel down to Lagos, the following week so she could do her biometrics. She spent over 2 weeks in Lagos but Sheyi Shobayo couldn't come up with another biometrics letter as promised. Instead, he denied being aware she was in Lagos. Even when I sent him a message, informing him that she was in Lagos for her biometrics.

After the 14th of September, I asked Sheyi Shobayo for update on my application? He couldn't give me a tangible response. On the 23rd, 29th, and 30th September, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 11th of October, I sent him series of messages, asking when I'll get my biometrics letter? Most of them, he ignored.

On the 13th of October, 2022, at about 2.18pm, Sheyi Shobayo sent me a biometrics letter which he received on the 15th of September. Now, the biometrics letter was going to expire the next day. It was valid for 30 days. He said I should not go to VFS the next day because there won't be space for me. That he has to apply for another biometrics letter. I asked why he waited till after 27 days before sending the letter to me? He said he forgot.

5 weeks went by, and there was no biometrics letter. Nneka Obasi asked Sheyi Shobayo to send back her money. It was over 3 months, already and no sign of progress. At a point, she stopped chatting with him because she complained that Sheyi Shobayo is a rude person and lacks manners. So, I was the person talking to Sheyi on our behalf.

On the 16th of November, I asked Sheyi Shobayo to return all monies sent to him. As there's no proof that we are making progress. He insisted that the process was on and needed more time. On the 29th of November, he sent me a mail and asked me to get in touch with Nneka. That she should come back to Lagos for her biometrics. When I studied the correspondence, I realized that Sheyi Shobayo applied for a visit visa for Nneka Obasi. When I asked why the visa application changed from work permit to tourist visa? He said it's visitor to work permit. I told him that it is NOT possible to convert Canadian visit visa to work permit. He claimed that it was his job.

When I questioned him further, he told me that he was processing a working holiday visa. I asked him to send me a link from Canadian website because I know that Nigeria doesn't participate in the IEC visa. He took offense and has been ignoring my messages, ever since

Being aware of the trick he wanted to play, we decided that he must return the money we gave him. He has failed to process a Canadian work permit as agreed, within the 90 days time frame. This is the 6th month, I have not gone for biometrics. The biometrics letter he sent to me was scrutinized and I found out that he also applied for a visit visa for me. That was not our agreement. His story for non performance is unending and it has become obvious that Sheyi Shobayo is in breach of our agreement. Yet, he is still holding on to our hard earned funds with impunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by justwise(m): 2:41pm On May 13, 2023
Tinocosta17:
This guy called Sheyi Shobayo is pure criminal. Sheyi Shobayo is Using Sposh Travel to Scam Innocent Nigerians. @Justwise. Another of his numerous victim.

You remember that you started a thread about that criminal Sheyi Shobayo and i pinned it but after some weeks Seun removed that thread .

I'm really sorry for those he scammed, all i can do is to expose him but unfortunately Seun did the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by justwise(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2023
samckanify:

Sheyi Shobayo is a well known scammer and has been doing this for more than 20yrs now, i have exposed that criminal too many times here for yrs. You will not see your money unless you track and get him arrested.

Sheyi Shobayo is a heartless criminal, he operates online and does not want physical meeting because he is a wanted person.

Kiss good bye to that money

This is him here more than 10yrs ago

https://www.nairaland.com/667043/secret-behind-canadian-asylum-scam

https://www.nairaland.com/1055414/where-suxes2005
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by Henix(m): 3:03pm On May 13, 2023
samckanify:

A simple background check on that criminal would have saved you from this long epistle you are writing now. That guy is a well known notorious fraudster that parades himself as a visa agent. Just learn your lesson and move on, because you are not going to see a single kobo, unless you have what it takes to track him down.

Meanwhile, why would you refer a client to someone who is yet to deliver your job given to him? Nawaoooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by samckanify(m): 4:52pm On May 13, 2023
Henix:

Well, you guys should stay glued to this thread as I prepare the second part of story.

A simple background check on that criminal would have saved you from this long epistle you are writing now. That guy is a well known notorious fraudster that parades himself as a visa agent. Just learn your lesson and move on, because you are not going to see a single kobo, unless you have what it takes to track him down.

Meanwhile, why would you refer a client to someone who is yet to deliver your job given to him? Nawaoooo
Re: Is It Necessary To Use Agent For Visa Processing/procurement? by aieromon(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Warri-itakpe-ajaokuta Rail Line Completed, Ajaokuta to Abuja next Says Minister / Nigeria, Vietnam Sign Visa Waiver Deal For Diplomatic, Official Passport Holders / Subsidy: FCT To Develop Lanes As FRSC Wants Nigerians To Embrace Bicycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.