Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,591 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. (229 Views)

The 144,000 - Overcomers / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / The Lord's Supper And The 144,000 Anointed Jehovah Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by ictplotter(m): 10:29am On Dec 05, 2021
The book of Revelation is a highly symbolic to this claims. That is Revelation chapter 14.
Biblically does this make any sense?
Can it be tagged has biblical mistakes, facts or misconception?

Rev. 14vs1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by mejai(m): 10:35am On Dec 05, 2021
It is Jehovah ( through his son Jesus Christ) that will select the righteous ones numbering 144k.
Heaven will not be crowded like oshodi under bridge. Earth will still be occupied.

Ask ur sef, do I, WE, US, meet the requirements to stay in heaven?
Ten, only 10 o, commandments, do u keep all? grin

1 Like

Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by ictplotter(m): 10:41am On Dec 05, 2021
mejai:
It is Jehovah ( through his son Jesus Christ) that will select the righteous ones numbering 144k.
Heaven will not be crowded like oshodi under bridge. Earth will still be occupied.

Funny and every irrational . So heaven is just made for 144000 people, among the trillions of people God hav created both dead n life?
Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by mejai(m): 10:45am On Dec 05, 2021
ictplotter:

Funny and every irrational . So heaven is just made for 144000 people, among the trillions of people God hav created both dead n life?
Yes o. After all, Earth will still contain all.
Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by Amotolongbo(f): 11:00am On Dec 05, 2021
Confusion everywhere
Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by achorladey: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2021
mejai:

Is heaven not crowded already abi for your Bible if NWT no myriads of myriads of angels full there.

It is a figure above 144,000 that will make it overcrowded. This your mindset get as e be.
Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by jmoore(m): 11:38am On Dec 05, 2021
Revelation said Heaven and Earth will be destroyed and new heaven and earth will be created.

I wonder why many Christians are focused on only heaven.

“Now I saw a new heaven and a new
earth, for the first heaven and the first
earth had passed away. Also there was
no more sea” (Revelation 21:1).
Re: The "Jehovah's Witnesses" Teach That Only 144, 000 People Will Gain Heaven. by Gee64: 11:40am On Dec 05, 2021
Less than that number worldwide may make heaven.

In Nigeria alone, less than nine people will make heaven.

(1) (Reply)

World Happenings Confirming Bible Prophesies / Jesus Is Coming. / Android/mother And The Human Purpose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.