Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,828 members, 7,837,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) (52066 Views)

Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos) / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by AngelicBeing: 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
[s][/s]

trash
Hahaha, see as you cancel the guys comments with one Word, TRASH cheesy
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Nauttyprof(m): 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
If Dowen College press release was this recent one instead of the lies released in the first place, they would have earned the support of citizens. Being insensitive in the first press release was just too bad. Acting wicked and devilish without any concern for the life lost.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by enonche85(m): 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
Jeopardizing the education of the other students.
Knee jerk reaction is just too common in Nigeria.
What happened is sad but closing down the school is totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
Arrest the perpetrators and leave the school alone.

Can u just take a step back and listen to yourself?. Few days back a 15yr old shot and killed 4 of his mates, the school was immediately shut down and he was arrested along with his parents. That is a crime scene, it needs to be shut down

Secondly, why should it be left opened when the safety of other kids is not guaranteed?.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by enonche85(m): 5:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
KingOdart:
This will serve as a lesson to other private schools that Ignore their responsibilities and get complacent in their duties to monitor what is going on with their students.

The school management did not want to offend the rich parents of those students that committed the crime, I pray their school go down never to rise again because of it. We worship money too much in this country

Sylvester's parents are also rich, so let's see how this goes.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by billyG(m): 5:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:

Na wa oh, where did you get that conclusion from?
I see why Nigeria is a complete mess.
With citizens like these you can't expect a country that functions properly. This is just a basic reality.
The way your likes reason ehh,so if you are a parent you will want your child to continue studying in down when what killed that boy is still lurking around unchallenged.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
enonche85:

Can u just take a step back and listen to yourself?. Few days back a 15yr old shot and killed 4 of his mates, the school was immediately shut down and he was arrested along with his parents. That is a crime scene, it needs to be shut down

Secondly, why should it be left opened when the safety of other kids is not guaranteed?.
Temporarily closing school for some days for evidence collection, student assistance by physicians and other things are ok. Shutting down the school is not.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by sammyscholar(m): 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

As usual, intolerant of a different opinion.
It's not constructive when you are part of the mob. If an issue is under investigation , how you think the Alumni showing solidarity with both parties become trashy beggars belief.

You obviously didn't attend Dowen so my appeal is to Dowen Alumni, not to you ma.

The Alumni of the school should not join the mob, they are the only ones who have gone through the school and seen it through. If you drag my high school, reaching out to the bereaved family to offer them consolation and standing with my alma mater to cooperate with authorities, especially when investigation is still on is called peace and confidence building process.
Even wars where so many lives were lost got settled when parties sit down and engage transparently and honestly. This is where the Dowen Alumni can offer support to their alma mater and the bereaved family.

To destroy is easy but to build takes a lot of tremendous amount of hardwork.

Maybe you should go and build a school like Dowen first to appreciate the hardwork and dedication it takes and why throwing all away because of some lapses they are very remorseful about and cooperating with the authorities to help unravel is not the solution.
I have been reading you, you have a deep and thoughtful mind. You wisdom will not reduce!

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by loswhite(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
Always comparing Nigeria to US......oga this is Nigeria not US
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by BAVOSKI(m): 6:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.
Nonsense.. Why The school denied it ?
Why are They trying to cover the real thing that happened

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by seunH: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.
The owner and the board members go dey sweat inside AC as we dey talk like this
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by MartinsD12(m): 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Happened:
Nigerian police sealed off Dowen College as the school finally reacts to the sudden death of their students Sylvester, who was allegedly beaten to death by his school mates.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGLDN2o0kO/

Shared By: ILLIKANNU DONALD CHUKWUMA

Foolish school now they are reacting , but they lied to the public he got injured playing football , this school is finished , I advice parents to immediately withdraw your children from that school, their safety is not garanteed

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by foreshore(m): 6:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
Happened:
Nigerian police sealed off Dowen College as the school finally reacts to the sudden death of their students Sylvester, who was allegedly beaten to death by his school mates.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGLDN2o0kO/

Shared By: ILLIKANNU DONALD CHUKWUMA

Iwo yi laa ro! Did they just wake up to reality
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by MartinsD12(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
Kellzzyy:

You dey mad
Dont mind the insensitive fellow ,he is probably working there as a staff , na him stomach him know , hunger go kill am there
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by UTILITYMAY(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.

The school shouldn't have allowed the culprits to escape. Their cover up is the one that put them in this mess. They can't eat their cake and at the same time have it. They should pay for their carelessness!
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by MartinsD12(m): 6:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nauttyprof:
If Dowen College press release was this recent one instead of the lies released in the first place, they would have earned the support of citizens. Being insensitive in the first press release was just too bad. Acting wicked and devilish without any concern for the life lost.
The more reason that dowen college should be closed permanently. They don't value human lives , imagine that expensive lie that the boy injured from playing football , infact they are murderers themselves by covering up the culprit

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by UTILITYMAY(m): 6:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.

But the school allowed the perpetrators to escape!
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Dshocker(m): 7:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.

Even if they restart,their fee won't be more than 100k

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by IPIGSRHYPO: 7:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

But the school allowed the perpetrators to escape!

The school is not law enforcement.
Allow law enforcement to do proper investigation and arrest the perpetrators.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:

The school is not law enforcement.
Allow law enforcement to do proper investigation and arrest the perpetrators.

So allow the law enforcement to also seal the school in peace.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by xcesspaschal(m): 7:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
[/s]

[s]trash

D trash that i see is ur TRASH.

He made a good point. Try n read again cos ur comprehensive ability does not come on one reading.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by omoharry(f): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Mayhem1:
Castration followed by the electric chair will be better then allow animals to feast on their dead body
haaaba na!! You harsh oo!
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by lereinter(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
May God save innocent parents from satanic schools
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by wirinet(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
Closing down the school is in order. It's not knee jerk reaction as the school was not closed down immediately the incident happened or reported. I am certain preliminary investigations has uncovered gross negligence and even complicity on the part of the school authorities, and it will be a disservice to humanity to allow such school to continue to operate.
If you listen to testimonies of some of the students, you will see that this is not an isolated incident, but had been recurring and the school had been covering up for the students, probably due to the influence of their parents. In this particular case, the house master and the principal were alleged to be aware of the beatings sylvester endured, but tried to promote football injury narrative. Even the the school doctors and nurses should have been able to differentiate between football injury and beatings with belt and sticks.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by nachisunday(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oh very good they should investigate well o. and go after the parent of those evil hoodlumbs enough is enough #justiceslyvester
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Femi8586(m): 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.

You're saying nonsense.

Were you not here or didn't you read it when the school denied the allegation?
Why was the school trying so hard to cover up the matter?
Why did the parents of those cultist boys fly them out to evade arrest?

If they killed your son this way and people moved on like nothing happened, I hope you will be able to type this nonsense.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by wirinet(m): 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

The school shouldn't have allowed the culprits to escape. Their cover up is the one that put them in this mess. They can't eat their cake and at the same time have it. They should pay for their carelessness!

That's what sympathiser of the school fail to understand. If they had reported the case to the police and have Police detain the murderous students, most people would have supported them. But what did they do? They started covering up. They initally released a very stupid press statement, and then allowed the students to escape.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by nachisunday(m): 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
omoharry:
haaaba na!! You harsh oo!
lol everyone now speak his or her mind hardly on the incident. this one is not human right activist again lol
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by powerblaze(m): 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

You side first with the facts, and with justice. No one will take their reputation to an institution that tried to openly downplay the seriousness of the situation.
They deserve what they get
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by emakind(m): 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
My papa talk tire, i just told him plain sey anything concerning boarding school, me i no de go if u lik kee me or comot me for ur house.. After hearing wat my friends passed through and was lucky to com out alive..

Rest on Sly..
#Justice4Sly

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Burgerlomo: 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
But there suppose to be a surveillance cameras all over the school premises to show exactly what happened
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

How did Sylvester die?
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by lexy2014: 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.

Where are d perpetrators? Do US schools hide perpetrators and cover up for them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M / Teacher Flogs Student, 12 Strokes, For Not Completing Her Homework (Photos) / 10 Best Performing States & Regions In WAEC 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.