Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,907 members, 7,859,226 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 09:56 AM

Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) (52086 Views)

Joy Edordu, Mother Of Dowen College Bully Deletes Her Instagram Account (Photos) / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by ogmask: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

The school will almost be empty when it is reopen.

Yes you are right. I blame the school management for trying to placate the truth
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by geemd434: 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
Jeopardizing the education of the other students.
Knee jerk reaction is just too common in Nigeria.
What happened is sad but closing down the school is totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
Arrest the perpetrators and leave the school alone.

Some of una go dey make comment as if una get sense.. shut up your Stupid mouth.. have you been to the USA to know how they run things. And why do you fools keep comparing USA to Nigeria iis it same environment. Shutting down the school is the right thing to do. Shut your Stupid mouth

6 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by matm: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Once one is truly dead,whatever u are doing for him/her is of no use.Nothing can bring d person back again .
D school management can only be more careful to forestall future reoccurrence.
But I wonder really what their teachers can do to tackle cultism.Teachers without arms,bare handedly risking their lives for other people's untrained kids.
The school Mang. shld better start involving d security operatives to help tackle d menace.They can add security levy to their school fees for d purpose.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by 27Pushing30: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Please what exactly is the LASG’s justification for sealing off the school.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by ogmask: 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
DaddyFabooluz:
It's very sad the young had to pay with his life to expose the issues of bullying in secondary schools. I can't begin to narrate my experience in the boarding school I attended. May the soul of the young boy rest in peace.

Please speak up to warn others and maybe draw the authorities attention to this evil in boarding schools.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by HRMK: 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
what is the essence of paying through the nose when the safety of ur child culd not be guranteed?BIG SHAME!!
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by ogmask: 4:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
27Pushing30:
Please what exactly is the LASG’s justification for sealing off the school.

The school is a suspected scene of a heinous crime. It needs to be sealed off to protect evidence and to afford the police free unhindered investigation. Na human being die nor be pig die

2 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by zedegit: 4:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Happened:
Nigerian police sealed off Dowen College as the school finally reacts to the sudden death of their students Sylvester, who was allegedly beaten to death by his school mates.

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXGLDN2o0kO/

Shared By: ILLIKANNU DONALD CHUKWUMA

They are still speaking useless grammar. Let them produce all the students that partook in this barbaric killing. To wounjure them so they could feel the pains of Sylvester's family ie hoping their rich spoilt parents haven't flown them abroad to turn them into Abdulmutallab
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Bastard1stborn: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
[s][/s]

trash

Walahi trash ni

2 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Buffalo2(m): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Private schools and cover ups for irregularities eh! But I am sure this case won't be swept under the carpet.
Try every one culpable and deal with them according to the rules of the law
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
AsampeteNwaanyi:
[s][/s]

trash
As usual, intolerant of a different opinion.
It's not constructive when you are part of the mob. If an issue is under investigation , how you think the Alumni showing solidarity with both parties become trashy beggars belief.

You obviously didn't attend Dowen so my appeal is to Dowen Alumni, not to you ma.

The Alumni of the school should not join the mob, they are the only ones who have gone through the school and seen it through. If you drag my high school, reaching out to the bereaved family to offer them consolation and standing with my alma mater to cooperate with authorities, especially when investigation is still on is called peace and confidence building process.
Even wars where so many lives were lost got settled when parties sit down and engage transparently and honestly. This is where the Dowen Alumni can offer support to their alma mater and the bereaved family.

To destroy is easy but to build takes a lot of tremendous amount of hardwork.

Maybe you should go and build a school like Dowen first to appreciate the hardwork and dedication it takes and why throwing all away because of some lapses they are very remorseful about and cooperating with the authorities to help unravel is not the solution.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by drololaaof: 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
If it is true that the school have started online lessons then it is disastrous because it shows that the school, the parents and students of the suspect are wicked and callous, no human blood in their veins. Over to NCC & Pantami to do the needful by getting the sim numbers of those concerned and blocked them off on internet.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
[s]
FreeStuffsNG:

As usual, intolerant of a different opinion.
It's not constructive when you are part of the mob. If an issue is under investigation , how you think the Alumni showing solidarity with both parties become trashy beggars belief.

You obviously didn't attend Dowen so my appeal is to Dowen Alumni, not to you ma.

The Alumni of the school should not join the mob, they are the only ones who have gone through the school and seen it through. If you drag my high school, reaching out to the bereaved family to offer them consolation and standing with my alma mater to cooperate with authorities, especially when investigation is still on is called peace and confidence building process.
Even wars where so many lives were lost got settled when parties sit down and engage transparently and honestly. This where the Dowen Alumni can offer support to their alma mater and the bereaved family.
To destroy is easy but to build takes a lot of tremendous amount of hardwork.

Maybe you should go and build a school like Dowen first to appreciate the hardwork and dedication it takes and why throwing all away because of some lapses they are very remorseful about and cooperating with the authorities to help unravel is not the solution.
[/s]
trash trash trash

5 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by PAPAFEELERS: 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.
MAY YOUR CHILDREN BE KILLED IN THERI SCHOOL SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW THE PAIN SLYVESTER PARENTS ARE GOING THROUGH.

ALL THIS PR SPONSORED PEOPLE THAT COME ONLINE TO SUPPORT THE DOWEN MANAGEMENT WILL EXPERIENCE SAME PAIN.

SO THIS IS ALL YOU CAN COME UP? WHEN THE SCHOOL LIED EVEN IN THE FACE OF SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE AND EVEN THE LETTER FROM THE SO CALLED MANAGEMENT HAS NOTHING TO SHOW BUT DISDAIN

8 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by samuelson06(m): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

They will rise up again.I honestly don't believe any school will be happy to have any of its student dead especially in a tragic controversial manner. They obviously will learn a big lesson from this unfortunate incident and never make any lapses ever again.

Dowen has a strong human resource in its alumni, I am wondering why members of Dowen Alumni are quiet and so much scared to tell the world if this unfortunate incident completely erases the legacy of the education Dowen gave them. I remember A Hall had a similar experience but their Alumni stood by their school and was part of those who ensured A. Hall did not die with that unfortunate incident. Today it's the turn of your alma mater.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue. This is a tough time for your alma mater and if Dowen didn't kill you throughout your stay there, why then will Dowen now want to kill that beautiful soul?

It's unfortunate. I pray that God console the bereaved family. It's really tough but putting all the blame on the school is not unexpected in unfortunate incidents like this.

Stop sounding like an unfortunate person. Even if I graduated from there, I'd never stand with them. A school is supposed to be a place where great minds are raised in character and otherwise.

How did cultism begin to form in a secondary school and then grew to a level that the students have the boldness of forcing another student to join them yet the management are not aware? Is school supposed to be about only teaching, especially for a boarding school where parents entrust their wards into the hands of the school management?

Dowen College may be a great place to learn but if they end up producing children that are only intelligent and lacking in character then they've failed. How big are the children there that they can't instill discipline in them?

To make matters worse, they are even abetting the evil that the students committed. Instead of pushing forward the culprits to face justice, they shielded and helped them to escape and here you are saying the school's alumni should come to their defense. You must be mad.

8 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Hezmatosky: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
Names were mentioned, why not go ahead and make arrest? Or at least question those students even though at the end you find them innocent. But atleast make arrest first. The boy had room mates, invite all of them and question them kiss

3 Likes

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
.....If this has happened in a society where things work. By now arrest would have been made. But in Nigeria, nothing works.

Rip to the handsome lad.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Odidigboigbo(m): 4:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
99% of the issue happening in schools are course by the parents. In today's school, you can hardly discipline a student without running into a problem with their parents. The other time, Mercy Johnson was all over social media ranting because her daughter was deciplined by a teacher and a lot of folks here condemning this school supported her. The other time, a parent came to fight a teacher in Queens College, Yaba because her daughter was deciplined for using makeup. Many of us here do condemn winners schools because of high declined nature of the school.
I was once a teacher, I had first hand experience of these parents action each time you deciplined their ward for bad behaviour.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Umarfarouksalau: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
Police and To Truth are similar to like poles of a pair of magnets that repel. An investigative journalist should also look into white -sands lekki. E get why.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by marsup: 4:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

They might have to change the name.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Lamasta(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

Tho what happened is unfortunate but don't curse the school na haba
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by TheWolfen(m): 4:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
We need a scapegoat pls and dowen is one. It will send a strong message to other parents and schools management

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Brushstrokes20: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
Good!... And those bloodthirsty baaaastarrrds a. K. a bullies must be smoked out and gruesomely executed! undecided. NONSENSE!
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Joygift3666: 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
Times have changed.

If you are a parent who Dowen helped raise your child to be the great person he or she is today or you are a product of Dowen ,it's time to stand with your alma mater and assure the public that you are with the bereaved family too.Get involved in the resolution of the issue.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by Starz825(m): 5:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Good

You are right

I trust rich people..
Na fast fast dem go commot all their kids from there....
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FourElements: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
OssyMalik:
angry
Allow the police and forensics to complete their investigation. Interpol can later be used to fish out the suspects location in the US, and pick up the case from there. There is really no hiding place for culpable homicide.

1 Like

Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
samuelson06:

Stop sounding like an unfortunate person. Even if I graduated from there, I'd never stand with them. A school is supposed to be a place where great minds are raised in character and otherwise.

How did cultism begin to form in a secondary school and then grew to a level that the students have the boldness of forcing another student to join them yet the management are not aware? Is school supposed to be about only teaching, especially for a boarding school where parents entrust their wards into the hands of the school management?

Dowen College may be a great place to learn but if they end up producing children that are only intelligent and lacking in character then they've failed. How big are the children there that they can't instill discipline in them?

To make matters worse, they are even abetting the evil that the students committed. Instead of pushing forward the culprits to face justice, they shielded and helped them to escape and here you are saying the school's alumni should come to their defense. You must be mad.
I am 100% sure you did not comprehend my conciliatory approach while investigation is on. In your mob mentality, the school is rejoicing now at the death of a student.
The problem is that most of you have never built anything and in every issue,all you see is nail so the best option to solve it is hammer.
I am sure that you probably didn't attend a good school enough to stand by it even when they falter in a very regrettable manner this school just did.

Again, at the risk of sounding like a broken disc, my message is to every Dowen Alumni out there,not you.
If you are Dowen Alumni, stand with your alma mater and share your condolence with the bereaved family because you equally lost a prospective member of your group of Alumni.
Offering support to your alma mater has nothing to do with the investigation and possible prosecution of anyone indicted. It is your school, stand by it against the mob.

Some of them will do same to their alma mater.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by naija1stnigar(m): 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
The matter Don tie rapper pass wetin anybody fit sweep under him carpet, anyone who wants to loose his head should make any silly move.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by FreeIgboho: 5:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
wordcat:
This seniority in the secondary schools should be abolished.

There's no such thing in the primary schools and no such thing in the university.

It is one evil ridiculous relic of colonialism
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
99% of the issue happening in schools are course by the parents. In today's school, you can hardly discipline a student without running into a problem with their parents. The other time, Mercy Johnson was all over social media ranting because her daughter was deciplined by a teacher and a lot of folks here condemning this school supported her. The other time, a parent came to fight a teacher in Queens College, Yaba because her daughter was deciplined for using makeup. Many of us here do condemn winners schools because of high declined nature of the school.
I was once a teacher, I had first hand experience of these parents action each time you deciplined their ward for bad behaviour.
.....You are right on this.
Re: Police Seal Off Dowen College (Pictures) by sonofanarchy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
IPIGSRHYPO:
Totally unnecessary.
Jeopardizing the education of the other students.
Knee jerk reaction is just too common in Nigeria.
What happened is sad but closing down the school is totally unnecessary.
If this type of knee jerk reaction is applied everytime we have a crime committed in US schools, most schools will be closed by now.
Arrest the perpetrators and leave the school alone.
mumu you dey compare america with nigeria, you think say cctv no dey? or you think say the school go lie about the bully just to save face? the school dey accomplice to murder and dem go pay dearly for am.. no dey off your brain on data.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2011/2012 Admission / Why Is university certificate Called Bachelors Degree? / Gift Agenoisa: JSS1 Student Sued Ekiti Government for N15M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.