Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand (934 Views)

How can I stop my wife from divorcing me? / How Do I Stop My Relatives From Disturbing Me? / How Can I Stop My Ex From Visiting My Matrimonial Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by ourema(f): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Good day fam, my son is 8years. He has a poor habbit of sucking his left hand digit finger. What can İ do to stop it.

Matured advice please
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by itsme01: 4:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Rob bitter leaf on his hands
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by greenie77: 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
itsme01:

That was done to my younger sister! cheesy
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Mariangeles(f): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
You can't stop him. You can keep reminding him though, but don't taunt him. Taunting him might affect his self-esteem.
He'll stop on his own at the right time, as he's growing and becoming more aware of himself.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by ourema(f): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
greenie77:

That was done to my younger sister! cheesy

She stopped?
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Mariangeles(f): 4:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
itsme01:

He's 8 and not a baby. cheesy
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by khadaffi(m): 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
Just leave him. He'll stop the habit on his own. I also sucked when I was within that age.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Sonnobax15(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
cheesy
There's nothing you can do about it........

With time, only am go call himself to order and stop am by himself.....If you like,rub cow shiit put self,no level cool

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by ourema(f): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
There's nothing you can do about it........

With time, only am go call himself to order and stop am by himself.....If you like,rub cow shiit put self,no level cool

Thanks
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Opeyemiextra(f): 5:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
Put plaster on the finger(s)
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
I con remember those days way I dey suck my hand. E sweet ooo. cheesy cool

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by omofranyoung(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
Many above have spoke my mind about the issue ..

Don't Force him to stop. HE WILL WHEN THE TIME COME..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Tokskob2008: 5:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Applying so and so won't stop him from sucking it. He might stop for a while but as soon as those things wear off he will resume his operation.

My kid brother sucked for good 10years before he stopped even with all the strategy that was deployed for him to stop, nothing working....

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by MufasaLion: 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2021
grin grin grin

One of the things I never did. I think he's gonna stop when he becomes conscious of his environment and his self-esteem starts growing.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by greenie77: 6:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
ourema:

She stopped?

Yes, she was a toddler then and we had enough bitter leaf plants in our compound. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
You had to wait till he's 8 to stop him?

Wrap it with a bandage and warn him not to remove it. With that on, he'll find it difficult to dip it into his mouth and as time goes on he'll lose interest.
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by TalkTalkTwins(m): 6:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Peer influence made me start sucking my fingers grin grin

Don't worry, s/he'll soon stop it, I've never seen a 15 years old teen sucking his or her fingers, we all drop them with time

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Nekky5(f): 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2021
It's a bad habit that he would stop by himself someday. I sucked my thumb and stopped aty own time. It doesn't affect any aspect of the child's cognitive skills.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Oizee(f): 11:08pm On Dec 05, 2021
ourema:
Good day fam, my son is 8years. He has a poor habbit of sucking his left hand digit finger. What can İ do to stop it.

Matured advice please
why waiting for so long before taking action? There's nothing u can do, he will stop when he's a little bit mature.....
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Oizee(f): 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
MufasaLion:
grin grin grin

One of the things I never did. I think he's gonna stop when he becomes conscious of his environment and his self-esteem starts growing.
exactly

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Vision101(m): 2:24am On Dec 06, 2021
No biggie. I sucked my left finger up to age 8.
Your child will turn out a very calm and brilliant person. He/she will have high ability to handle figures. His reasoning will be very logical.

One day I was trying to cut coconut and the knife cut the finger. The finger was bandaged. I will unconsciously try to do my thing and I will feel the bandage. Within days nature adjusted me.

It's sweet to suck finger. There's sugar in it. Better than what you guys love to suck.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Richy4(m): 5:47am On Dec 06, 2021
Just go to Google... Type
'How to stop thumb sucking...'
There are so many strategies that u can use for your kids depending on the age..
cheers..
Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by ourema(f): 8:53am On Dec 08, 2021
Oizee:
why waiting for so long before taking action? There's nothing u can do, he will stop when he's a little bit mature.....

OK we made a mistake

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by JovialJune(f): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2021
My immediate younger sis did not stop sucking till after university, she is a legend and president of suckers imho, she combines her sucking with wily wily which is, folding a part of a wrapper to make it sharp, then rub it continuously when sucking, she says it makes the sucking sweeter grin there is nothing we did not do to her fingers for her to stop, once we decommission one, she changes to another cheesy las las she stopped on her own in her 20s, but she still do that wily wily till today cheesy

So op you have to be patient o, your intervention will not make him stop, suckers usually outgrow it on their own.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Son From Sucking His Hand by Uyi168: 10:40am On Dec 08, 2021

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Avoid Unnecessary Conversation With My Landlord? / Thanks / Seperate Breaks Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.