Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons (39006 Views)

Children Of Today Don't Even Know That In Our Days You Could Be Beaten / 4 Children Of Same Parents Who Died Same Day Buried In Abia (Pictures) / Why Children Of Strict Parents Turn Out To Be Worse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Realdeals(m): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
I agree 100%
Pinkzebra:
This unnecessary beating is responsible for the high rate.of dysfunctional adults we have .
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by freemi(m): 3:35pm On Dec 06, 2021
Very funny and so true. Thanks op
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by tollyboy5(m): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
vinceyinnovation:
Those days were the"Beating Age"...

Now it is spoiling age... since parents started to spare the rod due to excessive pressing of phone and snapping picture.

It is said "People buy things they don't need with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like"
That's not the logic, the world just evolve somehow. My dad said at a time he thought his mother was not his real mother lol rip to her tho.
So despite all the decipline we recieve Im very sure its not like my dads time. And me also I find it hard to flog a child.

Cane is becoming extinct
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Lordofalmajiri(f): 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
realestate99:
I once asked myself, with all the iron hand we were tortured with during our child hood, how come we have a dysfunctional society?

Beating does not instill discipline on its own, it has to be aided by other methods, when you beat a kid for every inadequacies, he gets used to it and sometimes he will intentional err if he knows the enjoyment he will get from the punishable act is greater than the punishment itself.

There was a day I ran away from house. I forgot to do the assignments my dad gave me before he went out in the morning, I went out to play street football for almost 6 hours, I was exhausted, my battery was on red, I wanted to rush the assignment when my dad came, he asked for the answers but I was stuttering.

He was unleashing his bet from his trouser's bet hole , I was afraid that day because my body can't take any beating that moment, then suddenly he told me to go outside and bring a big stone so that I can carry it as punishment after I will get my beating.

when I reached outside, a divine thought came to my mind, flee!!! your body can't take the impeding punishment. And truthfully I might not survive the beating that day, I dropped the stone and ran , I stopped after I reached another neighborhood, I was there till 8pm, then I remember the rampant cases of kidnappers, I decided to trek back home . When I was some metres to my house , the neighbors were already looking for me, I could hear my mum's cries, I just had to show myself because I couldn't bear to hear her cries any further.

The neighbors were happy I came back, an elderly man told my father not to beat me again that night, one neighbor even took me in for the night because he saw the anger brewing on my dad's face.

After 23 years, I told my dad that if I had been punished that day, He might not have someone to call his only son.........we both laughed over it.

My brother you even know when to chop beating and when not to ..
Omo my Mom was damn brutal, my dad no even get time. me self con get one kind bad stubborn spirit.. like I enjoy doing the opposite of what you tell me, or the wrong things. I was a smart Kid, in school average cause I played too much... One day I just dey reason why I dey like disobey the simple instructions my mom gave me.. and good thing is, I no dey chop beating anyhow o, it's better I sleep out and go hungry for days instead of taking that beating... My mom get mind wella, if you like you sleep outside for 3days she no send you cheesy
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by uthlaw: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

Now it is spoiling age... since parents started to spare the rod due to excessive pressing of phone and snapping picture.

It is said "People buy things they don't need with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like"
see talk...best comment of the year!
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Pavillon: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bro, those days was like hell..

I remember the day my mum beat me cos I got home late from Jamb lesson.
Jamb lesson whuch she paid for oo, she knows the time lesson closes, but once she has plaited that Shooku hair style like this, wahala has entered ��. This woman beat me that without hearing reason for coming late. So many innocent beating I've received in this life.

Or the day she gave me one hot slap cos I didn't sing very well during praise and worship seeing in church. �
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by marsup: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
When a car knocks you down and you don't die.,..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Pavillon: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2021
Kids of nowadays are enjoying I swear
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Simeonjoe1: 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
Pinkzebra:
But we were abused in all of these just because we are kids and we do not have true relationship with our parents .
We felt humiliated, we hated our parents. This unnecessary beating is responsible for the high rate.of dysfunctional adults we have . We carry this burden of guilt and not knowing how to love truly or maintain healthy relationship with people .

Today I discipline my kids and do not beat them for every 'error' I mostly admonish and it works and we have close relationship. We the millennials guide and discipline in understanding while still maintaining good relationship with our kids .

Our parents do not seek to understand they themselves are broken so they try to fix their own brokenness by breaking us even. The cycle continues , but a new breed of parents are cropping up. But we must create a balance for we can break a child when scolding and discipline is absent for "allowing " a child to do whatever all in a bid to show love and understanding is dangerous in itself.

Lol that's what people failed to understand. They reasoned since as Nigerian we are bound to be disciplined to maintain a good moral. And who effects such training, parents hit their kids to teach them to behave. A teacher is not well rated if he can't instill enough physical harm to his student. I wonder why will still complain when the policeman or soldiers instill same discipline on the civilians cause according to society they are the ELDERS too by their role.
You can't complain and compare our security men with that of the western world. Cause if our society promotes strict physical discipline to the elders, then don't complain who the elders are cause anyone superior to you in position or rank is and that's why we see the shitty conditions in Nigeria workplace, political space, acedemic and family relations.

4 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by TOPCRUISE(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
In my days I was beaten for getting injured while playing around.
If you are injured while playing or fooling around you have to hide it. But no matter how smart you are at hiding that injury or that broken arm, mummy will know it. When she discovers your injury, she will cane you. Thereafter she will apply first aid both the lashes of the cane and the broken arm with no mercy by padding the affected parts with soaked towel on fiery boiled water.

Your next door Neighbours will hearing disturbing sounds of Yeh! Yeh! wah! Wah , Argh! Yawoo! during the first aid application process. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by tollyboy5(m): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Pinkzebra:
But we were abused in all of these just because we are kids and we do not have true relationship with our parents .
We felt humiliated, we hated our parents. This unnecessary beating is responsible for the high rate.of dysfunctional adults we have . We carry this burden of guilt and not knowing how to love truly or maintain healthy relationship with people .

Today I discipline my kids and do not beat them for every 'error' I mostly admonish and it works and we have close relationship. We the millennials guide and discipline in understanding while still maintaining good relationship with our kids .

Our parents do not seek to understand they themselves are broken so they try to fix their own brokenness by breaking us even. The cycle continues , but a new breed of parents are cropping up. But we must create a balance for we can break a child when scolding and discipline is absent for "allowing " a child to do whatever all in a bid to show love and understanding is dangerous in itself.
You nailed it bro.

I remember being mercilessly flogged by my Dad when I injured my self. The injury mark is still on my leg till that, but the beating wey follow no be here.
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Simeonjoe1: 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ekpekus:

Na wetin put the world for where e dey so .

And how the world be before, e don better or e even worst, or it's still as bad.
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by abobote: 3:43pm On Dec 06, 2021
vinceyinnovation:

To impress people they don't know. Anyway, I can't still see the relevance of this quote on this context

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Promzone(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
forcing your parent to answer an embarrassing or difficult question in public

trust me you hear "tawaiii on your face when you get home grin grin grin
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by tollyboy5(m): 3:44pm On Dec 06, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

Lol that's what people failed to understand. They reasoned since as Nigerian we are bound to be disciplined to maintain a good moral. And who effects such training, parents hit their kids to teach them to behave. A teacher is not well rated if he can't instill enough physical harm to his student. I wonder why will still complain when the policeman or soldiers instill same discipline on the civilians cause according to society they are the ELDERS too by their role.
You can't complain and compare our security men with that of the western world. Cause if our society promotes strict physical discipline to the elders, then don't complain who the elders are cause anyone superior to you in position or rank is and that's why we see the shitty conditions in Nigeria workplace, political space, acedemic and family relations.
Those are the bedrock of Nigeria corruption, back then you talk to an elder for doing wrong and you'll receive beating for disrespecting elders lol

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by kapelvej: 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Op forgot FLYING OF KITE.

Why?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin nor mind op
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by alizma: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2021
I remember when my dad gave me 100 or 200 naira and asked me to go and asked either of the two tenants in our house to help him change the money into smaller denominations, the woman then add coins and my Dad was like you are supposed to know that these coins are too much compared with other denominations and I mistakenly said but the total of everything still summed up to the initial amount.
I didn't know that my uncle was behind me, he gave me on dirty slap from back for exchanging words with my Dad, the slap was so much that for the first 30 seconds, I couldn't see anybody.
It was the following day that everyone knew what I experienced when the saw my swollen face but that day was another war because my grandmother didn't take it lightly with him after seeing my swollen face.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by IMAliyu(m): 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
Jirilistic:
grin grin
I don't just know why but some teachers tend to derive a certain kind of joy when they flog a student and the student starts crying. But when the child refuses to cry,they kinda feel intimidated and unfulfilled. It's more like they flog the child just so dey can see the child cry and not in the hope that the child will change for the better. I had one teacher then who publicly stated that he won't stop flogging if u don't cry
Yes oh,

That's why during my school days I made the point of never showing pain.
It didn't matter how much a teacher was going to hit me, I will never give them the pleasure of seeing my pain.
This was mostly out of spite and anger on my part, because I didn't misbehave normally, and most of the time when I got punished I felt it was unjust, like times the boys or whole class is in trouble for something.
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by tollyboy5(m): 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
Pavillon:
Bro, those days was like hell..

I remember the day my mum beat me cos I got home late from Jamb lesson.
Jamb lesson whuch she paid for oo, she knows the time lesson closes, but once she has plaited that Shooku hair style like this, wahala has entered ��. This woman beat me that without hearing reason for coming late. So many innocent beating I've received in this life.

Or the day she gave me one hot slap cos I didn't sing very well during praise and worship seeing in church. �

grin I was using left hand and was good at drawing. I decided to learn art work free from my uncle broda muyi.
Anytime I don't come back home quick because I was doing art work I collect better beating lol.

Last last I no see the work learn grin
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by abbeyty90: 3:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
Pure abuse
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Majesty33(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Africa is gradually loosing her cultural values that were left behind by her ancestors due to the emergence of social media and our brothers in diaspora have brought western values and it has brough us shame, pain and catastrophe. The discipline inflicted in children of nowadays is very minimal. Society should expect more of what happened at Bowen college Lekki. And again, never blame North Korea for placing a strong restriction on South Korean cultures cos our embrace of western values brought this catastrophe upon us. Shalom my brethren.

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by TemmyT002(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Lmaoooo
Anyway, 90% don't involve beating but they berate you well.
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Ekpekus(m): 3:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
Simeonjoe1:

And how the world be before, e don better or e even worst, or it's still as bad.
Bros... that answer is individualized
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by tollyboy5(m): 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Op forgot FLYING OF KITE.

Why?
grin I was allowed to fly kite o! Thank God my dad no live with us permanently . I flied my kite in peace
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Optimistguy1969: 3:54pm On Dec 06, 2021
tollyboy5:

grin I was allowed to fly kite o! Thank God my dad no live with us permanently . I flied my kite in peace
I chop cane/ raising of chair taya

1 Like

Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by cocolacec(m): 3:55pm On Dec 06, 2021
juman:

In our own eyes, nigeria turned from good to bad and to worse and worst.
Because we have very insincere leaders.
Military generals ruined the country.
Oloriburuku oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Thieves.

Nigeria turned from bad to worse because the leaders are a reflection of the damaged society they came from.
Buhari didnot fall from heaven,he grew up in rhe Nigerian society.
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Achico: 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
When you don’t go to BLOCK ROSARY
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by KillAlabi2021(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mercychen:
I remember the day my dad gave me a resounding slap.

He woke me up as he was preparing for work very early in the morning. So I wasn't happy. I stood before him, looking into his eyes with anger, as he was assigning me some duties to do after school. The next thing I heard was "ta"! On my cheek.

That was the last I looked into his eyes when he's talking.

You have big breastts

And big yanshh

This I have seen
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by Sion47: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
As to cry dey hungry u nah

quote author=Skiloloplc post=108242664]My dear, no be small thing o.

When you too cry, they will give you more, for you to cry more[/quote]
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by StarGra: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Me,
One seed of Okra wey I no put cut put join others,mumsy press my neck like say nah Wrestmania.....
NCna not forget that day...

Things have really changed
Re: Children Of Today Don't Know In Our Days We Were Beaten For These Reasons by darkelf: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Pinkzebra:

Story

Back it up with raw data

Many of my mates (me including) turned out well and we grew up under such conditions. Many are happily married today.

So, back it up with facts and jot what you read from a blog or magazine

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nkechi Opara Missing. Please Notify If You See This Missing Lady! / Photos Of A Man's Dirty House Got Twitter Users Arguing / Mother & Daughter Born On Same Month & Date Celebrate Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.