Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt (62738 Views)

I Used To Think Nigeria's Problem Was Bad Government - Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo / Fact Check: Viral Drone Video Of Bandits Is From Kenya, Not Nigeria / Nigeria Must Explain How Kanu Was Arrested From Kenya- UK Parliament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Brushstrokes20: 9:12am On Dec 07, 2021
Bullocks! undecided. no country can beat Nigeria to corruption!
Nig is BEING RULED BY BOLD FACED THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS! #FACT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by obyrich(m): 9:13am On Dec 07, 2021
tillaman:
What’s the difference?? Aves of same species tends to conjugate
Shebi Kenya still inaugurated a repainted steel bridge, what about Nigeria that inaugurated a wooden bridge that was constructed with woods that almost qualifies as sugar cane stems
Lol. Bros this guy must have done his apprenticeship in Abia. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by greatness77: 9:17am On Dec 07, 2021
oz4real83:
Corruption is so rampant in Africa because there is little or no consequences when caught. Forget all the political jingles about fighting corruption, it is just drama. Africa is the only continent a person can freely spend stolen funds without fear as long as he has political and religious connections.
Na the DStv matter funny pass, I just dey laugh for bed oo grin
Wetin hapen for dstv gist me
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by naija1stnigar(m): 9:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Ryda:
I see extremely funny comments on the thread.
The topic says Photos from Kenya that would make you think Nigeria is less corrupt

I've seen worse in Nigeria

A politician in Nigeria commissioned mast provided by service providers in his own name

Another one commissioned wooden bridge in his constituency

Africa is so blessed with useless and corrupt rulers

Africa is cursed with useless and corrupt leaders, if you call it blessing where do they come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Goahead(m): 9:20am On Dec 07, 2021
Another Kenyan governor that took a helicopter ride to help build a mould house.

Only in Kenya....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by LofiLogic: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2021
wiseone28:
One day Africa will get sense

Dreams of a young black man
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by uuzba(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2021
wiseone28:
One day Africa will get sense

If you can read this post, it would be great. It's about Africa Vs Europe explaining why thing are the way they are in Africa.

https://qr.ae/pGlVRg

I attach an image of the link, incase it doesn't show here on NL.
Regards.

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by tillaman(m): 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
obyrich:
Lol. Bros this guy must have done his apprenticeship in Abia. grin
na one constituency for Apc zamfara o

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by hush15: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
Ryda:
I see extremely funny comments on the thread.
The topic says Photos from Kenya that would make you think Nigeria is less corrupt

I've seen worse in Nigeria

A politician in Nigeria commissioned mast provided by service providers in his own name

Another one commissioned wooden bridge in his constituency

Africa is so blessed with useless and corrupt rulers

You dont get, I have seen palliative donated by orgs to reduce the impact of covid lockdown shared as either constituency empowerment package or as a birthday souvenir at a local chairman's birthday or best, kept it at a warehouse and watch it get spoilt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Yankee101: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2021
Africa
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Enyimbamercedes: 9:26am On Dec 07, 2021
What is even with commissioning a project in the first place?

Almost like an employee finishing a task he is paid for and organizes a ceremony to show it to his employer.

Our (African) leaders are all visionless and that is the reason why they would see public toilets, bridges, bus stations, transformers as evidence that they are delivering on their promises!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by ma373733(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2021
englishmart:
Whatever you do in this life, never you compare Kenya to Nigeria. It's like comparing Latvia to England.
Compare Kenya to Benue state.

Nonsense

But Kenya shillings has value than our worthless naira .

Kenya is relatively safer than Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by pacespot(m): 9:32am On Dec 07, 2021
One thing I notice about Africa is that, other African countries tend to take a cue from what is happening in Nigeria. During EndSARS, some other African countries youths also took to the streets to protest against their leaders.

The positive note I am trying to say about this is that, if Nigeria can get its sh*t together and start making right steps towards becoming a superpower, this is going to cause some paradigm shift in the whole continent.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by joyandfaith: 9:32am On Dec 07, 2021
Ryda:
1. The picture of a footbridge opening in Kenya.

Corruption, mediocrity and stupidity all captured in one photo.
A total of of 5 million Kenya shillings (50,000 USD) was set aside to build this footbridge in Kirinyaga County in Kenya.

The bridge was there before, just rusty.
So they painted it blue (or whatever colour it is) and the Governor came to inaugurate it.

As you can see it's already rusty again.

The guy whistling there to inaugurate the ‘grand mega project', was the cabinet secretary in charge of infrastructure in the county.

2. Vihiga County Governor Moses Akaranga officially opening mud houses.

3. Isaac Ruto, the former Governor Bomet reportedly made a trip upcountry to officially launch a cattle dip. The whole project reportedly cost 50,000 Kenya shillings (500 $).

4. Inauguration of DSTV installation complete with a plaque.

5. Maara South Member of Parliament launching an electricity transformer and electric pole in his constituency.

6. President Uhuru Kenyatta inaugurating a public toilet in Machakos County.

That is the reason why security agents were able to
abduct Kanu and brought him back to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2021
We celebrate mediocrity that's why we're still stuck here till date.

Imagine comparing Kenya to Nigeria, is this some sort of consolation or what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Shaytun: 9:37am On Dec 07, 2021
phr0nesis:
Kenya is known for terrible things but them still de learn work for where Nigeria dey.
Is there any country with a lower currency value than Nigeria?

South korea
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by goodvision12(m): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2021
oz4real83:
Corruption is so rampant in Africa because there is little or no consequences when caught. Forget all the political jingles about fighting corruption, it is just drama. Africa is the only continent a person can freely spend stolen funds without fear as long as he has political and religious connections.
Na the DStv matter funny pass, I just dey laugh for bed oo grin
Why you go dey for bed dey laugh
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by phr0nesis(m): 10:10am On Dec 07, 2021
Shaytun:

South korea
Yeah I saw it in squid games but I don't want to believe it
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by slowice(m): 10:14am On Dec 07, 2021
Can a place be as corrupt as Nigeria? NO

that settles it, yes Kenya is very corrupt but Kenya is probably about the size of a state in Nigeria and we got 37. So naija is emmmm,.... 37^2 times more corrupt and that's sad.

And also every Nigerian you see here yapping about Nigeria's sad corruption level will do worse if given the chance to lead and are probably aiding corruption in different guise as we speak.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by oz4real83(m): 10:17am On Dec 07, 2021
greatness77:
Wetin hapen for dstv gist me
imagine a govt official going to commission one DStv decoder and maybe one month subscription, it may even be gotv. The commissioning ceremony will even be bigger than the value of the project grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Captain92: 10:45am On Dec 07, 2021
Do we even have shame at all, comparing ourself to Kenya

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Yakzo(m): 10:55am On Dec 07, 2021
We are all Africans but we can rise above mediocrity. Platitudes abound about great feats by African leaders.
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by showafrica(m): 11:21am On Dec 07, 2021
daddytime:
Nigeria's immediate younger brother in corruption.

Every black nation is the same.

We are indeed a peculiar race.

Check my siggy

A lot of Africans will be liberated if Ipob succeeds
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by adeolaben(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2021
Stephendeals:
shocked

What a bombshell...

It is sickening and highly lugubrious that we Africans refuse to rise from the dungeons of mediocrity and slavery.
Sadly Many Africans fought for autonomy and freedom so that they can be the ones to enslave others not that they want liberation for all their kinsmen.

100% correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by grandstar(m): 11:40am On Dec 07, 2021
daddytime:
Nigeria's immediate younger brother in corruption.

Every black nation is the same.

We are indeed a peculiar race.

Check my siggy

Stop this self hatred. There are some well governed countries like Botswana, Bahamas and Barbados.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by drealzum(m): 11:43am On Dec 07, 2021
Nigerians like to brag. Nigerians are no match to Kenyans when it comes to con, tribalism and corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by sucess001(m): 11:44am On Dec 07, 2021
Person commission DSTV

grin grin grin
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by daddytime(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2021
grandstar:

Stop this self hatred. There are some well-governed countries like Botswana, Bahamas and Barbados.

Self-hatred you call it? A realist I am my dear brother.

You should have mentioned another country aside from the ones starting with the letter B you carefully handpicked?

Why didn't you mention South Africa, Zimbabwe, et al?

You see those countries you mentioned up there? They are still organized and sane to make you drop their names as "well-governed" because it is still a playground and a holiday destination for the other races to go cool off and enjoy their money in serenity.

The day they get fed up or decide to move base and hand over 100% to the indigenous blacks, only then will you begin to understand that my comment isn't borne out of any self hatred but reality.

The truth is, no race has it all @ 100%. It was a deliberate design to make us all interdependent on one another before the one will see himself as god and decide to play same.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by dquantum21: 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
Afrika, my Afrika
Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by Berezuski: 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
Africa is corruption personified

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos From Kenya That Would Make You Think Nigeria Is Less Corrupt by omooba969(m): 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
It is now about 'who is more corrupt' between Nigeria and Kenya. grin

The black race have a very long way to go. cry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Twenty Young Nigerians Who Helped General Buhari Become President Buhari In 2015 / See What Sokoto Citizens Did After APC Chieftains Departed Sultan's Palace / Ahmad Lawan Writes Tinubu, Explains Why He Ran Against Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.