Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! (1236 Views)

How I Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed On My Way To Work In Lagos / Police To Employ Technology To Replace Use Of Weapons - Acting IGP / Nigerian Maid Who Went To Work In Saudi, Fakes Madness To Escape. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Nicklaus619(m): 7:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
Good day guys,

I dont even know the perfect section to place this topic to make it hit front page for the benefit of all nairalanders.

So I have this close pal of mine, his name is Edosa, edosa and I have gone way back, we practically brothers, we knew each other from the hood, we grew up together and schooled together, graduated from same university, same dept and same course of study, we lived in same apartment all those while, so we are practically brothers as I said Earlier,

so after our services, we continued staying together in one room face me I slap u situation of compound grin, we hustled, together find work together until God finally dey answer our calls small small, I was the first to move out of the house to go look for self contain because I was doing better than him, then he already gotten his visa to travel to Dubai to go hustle that side, his elder brother invited him to come work in a construction company, and yes they pay was good, fast-forward to October, that's is two months ago, Edosa came back to Nigeria to establish his own company and nurture it,

He stayed briefly in my house house and luckily a coupled moved out of a flat in my estate and he paid for it, then, I advice him to changed all the locks in the house, because the previous tenant was in court with my landlord for almost 1 year for late and none payment of house rent and mismanagement of estate utilities, chai problem no dey finish grin

So our gate man approached my friend and told him he could change the locks perfectly, I believed him, because I have seen him do some mini handyman duties here and there in the estate., he gave him money to change all the locks and workmanship, and surprisingly, he did an amazing job, he changed the locks withing hours.

My friend repainted the house, we went out and got all he will be needing as a bachelor, ranging from couch, electronics, kitchen stuff and every other stuff, the house was fully loaded including all manners of food stuffs, chai e come be like say make I no go my own house again grin, the house fine die.

After then, my friend is a kind of guy that doesn't eat out, so he makes all his meals, thus he has all the raw materials to cook any food he wants at home, but he started noticing some strange stuff, most time when he comes back from work he will notice that his cooked food and raw food where drastically reducing, including all his expensive wins in his bar plus drinks in the fridge. , he became scared, he told me everything, and we decided to pay close attention to know if someone is entering his apartment when he's not home or nah village people done notice say him don come back Nigeria without coming to pay homage grin cheesy

We did all the tricks and we could not still catch the culprit, we where getting scared at this point, my girl was suggesting maybe my friend nah G guy and all him money way he dey make illegally amadioha don dey punish am by taking them back in his absent grin, i laugh fall foe ground, cheesy but she was actually serious, women with wild imagination grin

Since yesterday, Abuja experienced a totally blackout for some reasons I don't know yet and water could not be pump into our flats as usual, we use bucket to get water outside if need be, my guy came back from church in the morning yesterday, went to his toilet to pee, and saw serious unflushed poo inside his toilet, my guy quickly locked his door, ran to my flat and was shivering grin he told me all that happened I was jaw dropped, we all know apart from me no one comes to his house not to talk of giving someone his spare keys, my guy slept in my house until this morning we had breakfast.

He went back to his house, took his bath and headed to work, by mid day today, he decided to come back and carry some document he was suppose to take to CAC only to meet his door open, he sneaked in and meet our security gate man, balanced in his parlour eating his jellof rice and washing it down with a can of power horse he took from the fridge, my guy held him and started beating the werey that's when he started confessing cheesy

That when he changed the locks, he took a share from each lock, making him have full access to the house when my guy is out shocked

The whole estate gathered, come see complain from different tenants he had changed their key before of missing items in their houses cheesy
We contacted the landlord he came and personally called the police to arrest the idiot.

This my guy gives him money the most in that estate, each time he's driving out every morning, he use to give him extra tips to help him be looking at his house as it is close to the gate to see whether he will be able to catch the eventually culprit, we didn't know that he's the bandict all along cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by DropsMic(m): 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Met our security gate man, balanced in his parlour eating his jellof rice and washing it down with a bottle of power horse he took from the fridge

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Oxtertee(m): 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2021
This one deep.

Nice write up

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Vwoman200: 8:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
Three most important people with delicate job roles who we casually place our lives and safety in their hands without knowing are:
Housemaids
Gate keepers
Drivers
Cook

If you have anyone in this position in your home or office, treat them with care and be cautious always..
Your housemaids and housekeepers can ransack your house while you are away, poison your children, sell out your information.
Your gate keeper can liase with armed robbers, plan to kill you or even sell out your information.
Your driver can drive you into the den of kidnappers, sell your personal hangout informations and locations, drive your car into the waiting arms of Road Safety and VIO or even LASTMA. They can even steal your car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by headbasher96(m): 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
This life i cant kill myself will be the song playing in the gateman head anytime he is inside yiur guys house

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Ryda(m): 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2021
You treat some people well they'll sly you

Treat them bad, they'll still sly you

"he sneaked in and meet our security gate man, balanced in his parlour eating his jellof rice and washing it down with a can of power horse he took from the fridge" grin

Everyday is for the gateman one day is for your friend

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Nicklaus619(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
Vwoman200:
Three most important people with delicate job roles who we casually place our lives and safety in their hands without knowing are:
Housemaids
Gate keepers
Drivers
Cook

If you have anyone in this position in your home or office, treat them with care and be cautious always..
Your housemaids and housekeepers can ransack your house while you are away, poison your children, sell out your information.
Your gate keeper can liase with armed robbers, plan to kill you or even sell out your information.
Your driver can drive you into the den of kidnappers, sell your personal hangout informations and locations, drive your car into the waiting arms of Road Safety and VIO or even LASTMA. They can even steal your car.

Bro no be small thing oh, this my guy actually treat this gate man well oh, gave him 3 pairs of shoes and 5 t shirts and 7 trousers, because he's always running errands for my guy, he practically give him money almost every morning while driving out and driving in, what more could he have done to please this gate man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Nicklaus619(m): 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2021
headbasher96:
This life i cant kill myself will be the song playing in the gateman head anytime he is inside yiur guys house

Baba e no funny oh, but one thing was sure, my guy was relieved because him been think say maybe nah village people they do am cheesy
Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Jayzel: 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Everyday 4 the thief's but one day for the owner.
Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Tokskob2008: 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2021
What possesses a man to enter another man's apartment behind him and uninvited to the extent of eating his foods
Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by IgboMuslemAdvoc: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
This is serious
Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Nicklaus619(m): 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2021
Tokskob2008:
What possesses a man to enter another man's apartment behind him and uninvited to the extent of eating his foods

Its very bad bro, i can't even explain, he was saying it's a devils work, am sure devil didn't give him such advice, these days it seems like it is man that's tempting the devil and not the other way around
Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by BENEAMATA: 12:31am On Dec 07, 2021
Your guy who just moved in to his own apartment couldn't figure it out that the security man that changed his locks and keys for him is a prime suspect the moment things started missing ? And there was no breaking in ! He should be smarter than that . And the the thief could not even give it some months before showing his true colors so as not to raise suspicions . Well , God don catch am

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by Ilekokonit: 1:16am On Dec 25, 2021
Vwoman200:
Housemaids
Gate keepers
Drivers
Cook

If you have anyone in this position in your home or office, treat them with care and be cautious always.

All the above sef small as long as your hired help does not end up killing you.

A friend of mine many years ago traveled out of Lagos for some days only to come back and find that their mei guard (security guard) had entered their apartment and stabbed his wife to death.

And as recently as this month Dec 2021, the 85 year old mother of Ex Edo Gov Lucky Igbinedion was killed and then robbed by her 25 year old house maid.

The maid waited until 12 midnight when the wheelchair bound old woman was asleep and smashed a stool / coffee table onto her head thus killing the defenseless and disabled old woman.

The killer maid then ransacked the dead woman's room for 4 hours and stole 100,000 Naira and some jewelry before absconding but she has now been caught.

With hired help in Nigeria, its always a risk as you never know what is going on in the head of a hired help even as they smile at you.

God help us all especially in our old age when we will be dependent on someone from this present crop of Nigerians who are so materialistic and oftentimes drugged up to their eyeballs with all sorts of illicit drugs.

With hired help, you just never know what you are getting.

https://www.nairaland.com/6905794/maria-igbinedion-housemaid-dominion-okoro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Handyman U Employ To Work In Your House!!! by muheeb01(m): 2:35am On Dec 25, 2021
Wonder shall net end nawa ooo lol....we needs to be vigilant at all time

Check my signature and my profile for my work,my office is in oyo town...delivery nationwide through GIG logistics or bus driver

(1) (Reply)

Flashback: Hausa And Yoruba Clash In Oro After An Hausa Woman Was Killed / Flood Kills Woman In Anambra, Dumps Corpse At Oko Poly Gate / Armed Robbers Attack With The Intention To Chop Off My Manager's Head...(picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.