Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,881 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits (39646 Views)

A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by condralbedez: 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
I trust Nigerians ,they will so follow up this case, untill the boy gets justice,nobi yesterday I don see Mr Macaroni put am up for his skit...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by SIGE(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
The counselor should be arrested oo..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Waterysperm: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
Three million naira just for school fees? Imagine having like 4 or 5 kids there, that is Fifteen cool Milla. Some people get money for this country. Anyway make I go chop first. I will comment when I return.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by nduprincekc(m): 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
Here is the video

Drop your comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G94dgCLp0U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Buffalo2(m): 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
That idiot should be prosecuted as well. And by the way how did he get to the meeting after resigning as the School's counsellor?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 07, 2021
The rich thought their problems are over after building expensive schools for themselves.
If you check very well, you will see that most of the parents of the children in this type of school are the ones destroying public institutions.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by dalass(f): 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2021
Drambo:
Funny how the counselor new all these was going on & he just kept mute

The mother that's talking now, why didn't she shout when it happened to her son

Like she said, it could have been her son that's dead now! She's crying now. She should have cried out earlier about the cult activities against her son then. She even said it's on the net

With such evidence, awareness could have been created and the outrage would have stopped the nonsense....it could hàve saved Sly his life.. There she was, calling out a paid employee who was under an unconcerned management, while she a concerned parent would have been in the best position to shout it out

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by KillAlabi2021(m): 2:12pm On Dec 07, 2021
Rich kids school

Baby gals in this skool go sweeet die tongue

Nothing sweet like penetrating a teeen P-Hole

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by seborrhic: 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
Bayaar02:
The school will cease to be a school when Nigerians are done with them.
Dowen can no longer exist and that structure can no longer harbour a school.The Rubicon has been passed.
I think the best the owner can do is go get land or property somewhere else and have a new school,assuming he/she is even still keen on running a school.
What may have led to this death is the school management placating and condoning many of the atrocities because they St upidly didn't want to lose the students who have well to do and influential parents

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Cantonese: 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2021
They must face civil suits, added to criminal charges. They are guilty of inhumane treatment of children, criminal negligence of children under their care, etc.

Now it is without doubt that the school just like a lot of our other schools in this country are totally irresponsible. Government too is completely negligent of its role of monitoring and supervision of the schools.

Hopefully this case will serve as a eye opener to schools and make them all sit up. Hopefully it will impact the quality of education in this country positively in the end.

For now we all have the business of making Dowen school make restitution for their past recklessness, criminal negligence, arrogance, pride, foolishness and receiving school fees in millions without positively impacting the lives of their students.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Brushstrokes20: 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
The school management is so damn useless and Grossly irresponsible! undecided

# justice for sylvester

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by tranxo(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
Drambo:
Funny how the woman, despite this happened to her own child, kept quiet.

If this woman had spoken out with this energy she is using now to shout on the counselor (whom I don't necessarily blame bc how could he have spoken when he was an employee), Sly may just be alive.

This woman knew the 2 incompetent male staff yet kept quiet. Principal told her about the video of her son's bully, yet she didn't raise alarm.

See how the counselor was shut down. We may never get to hear all the secretd he would have revealed in this video.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by MartinsD12(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2021
Wizkidfc:
Parents of dowen college students on a zoom call: Mother flares up because her child was bullied. former counsellor admits to inhuman treatment amongst students.

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqRbGqo1q68

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/12/why-are-you-speaking-now-that-a-child-has-died-nigerian-mum-attacks-ex-dowen-college-counselor-who-said-the-students-in-the-school-are-not-well-monitored-video.html
And these mum are aware something is going on and nobody is speaking up even the former counselor , all these people should be jailed for abating bullying and eventual murder of Sylvester, all of them are aware there is bully in boys hostel , just look at the rubbish they are talking that girls hotel is organized because of one lady counselor there, why Leaving the guys hostel to be a center of evil billies, that's why we African are backwards and regarded as foolish by the Western world because we are evil to ourselves, no nobody cares because it's not their own child, imagine paying 3million and also losing a child , these parents are all irresponsible people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by RosyIsBlessed: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2021
I was in that zoom meeting. It was held by school owners and some parents not parents of Dowen students, please take note.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by dalass(f): 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2021
KillAlabi2021:
Rich kids school

Baby gals in this skool go sweeet die tongue

Nothing sweet like penetrating a teeen P-Hole

Another paedophile... Mods should be deleting comments like this because there might be impressionable young ones here who will believe and act out what they read here.

I'm sure those Dowen students are acting out the films they watched on students bullying younger students

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by tranxo(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
dalass:

The mother that's talking now, why didn't she shout when it happened to her son

Like she said, it could have been her son that's dead now! She's crying now. She should have cried out earlier about the cult activities against her son then. She even said it's on the net

With such evidence, awareness could have been created and the outrage would have stopped the nonsense....it could hàve saved Sly his life.. There she was, calling out a paid employee who was under an unconcerned management, while she a concerned parent would have been in the best position to shout it out
Gbam!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by sgtponzihater1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2021
Yemlizzy:
This is very sad I cried embarassed Slyvester has died just like that. This counselor didn’t try one bit, if he spoke out when he noticed all these it won’t get to this level.

The culprits shouldn’t be allowed to go freely. Slyvester should get the justice he deserves. His death is just a terrible one.

What Nigerians don't do is put their selves in others shoes. They are quick to blame people, but will do worse.

The lady is crying and shouting at the counsellor, yet when her children were bullied, she kept them in the school still. She should have led by example. Sylvesters parents said he was bullied last year also, but still kept their children in the school.

Yet all these people are blaming a counsellor, who is only an employee of the school, that left as soon as he saw another job opportunity. He never admitted seeing a child bullied, he only said the way the hostels were structured was concerning, and the lady who's child was bullied yet kept her wards there came after him.

Is there no corruption in the civil service, why are civil servants, not calling out their employers. What of the police, what of the army or other sectors.

The school management should take all the blame for not putting in a safety mechanism, and for taking bullying with kids glove, and not a mere employee, who is trying to feed himself and his family.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
Drambo:

Money...

Private schools rely on money for salaries, facilities expansion, etc. So if rich kid whose father donated millions to build the new library is caught beating up students, and you expel him...well, papa is going to be wanting his investment back....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by IMPARTIAL: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
By the grace of God, this kind of thing that happened in Dowen cannot happen in Lifeforte International High School, Ibadan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by tranxo(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
RosyIsBlessed:
I was in that zoom meeting. It was held by school owners and some parents not parents of Dowen students, please take note.
Is that all the former counselor revealed?

Why did you people not encourage him to continue, so he can reveal more things. Una just let emotions overshadow everything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by rollywise(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
I can't really blame the counsellor most especially in this kind of country where there is no law. He'll only just endanger his family and himself on the long run. People will even term him as a jealous worker who wants to bring down the school probably because of low pay. The school can even come up with a story that he was sacked because he tried molesting one of the female students just to discredit his story. Omo na naija we dey.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by freeborn02: 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
Wasolaa:
Women finally support women! Let's keep this energy

Get lost with your rubbish women supporting women

It wasn't just a woman that gave birth to the child. It was a man and a woman that birthed him.

I'm sure it will be cool to you if women help other women to cover up crime. You will continue rejoicing over that until someone very close to you becomes a victim.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by KillAlabi2021(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2021
dalass:

Another paedophile... Mods should be deleting comments like this because there might be impressionable young ones here who will believe and act out what they read here.

I'm sure those Dowen students are acting out the films they watched on students bullying younger students

Dumb
Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by ImoleNaija: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
My son is a victim. They did exactly what they did to that boy. They put of the light. They beat him. They carried a box on his head.' she said amidst tears.

Imagine that! Just like the wicked team in The Squid Game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Ooye12: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
This man should be arrested as well his saying rubbi*h , almost 3 million as school fees and all this tra*h is going on there , what a fu**k embarassed

1 Like

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by addictedwriter(m): 2:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
Not surprised about this dowen school matter. I work in a high class school as a teacher and I can tell you, these kids are rotten. No decorum, respect or courtesy. Imagine a kid of 10 years having millions in his account due to early exposure to wealth by his/her parent; how can such a child value human life? As a teacher I have so much to deal with in terms of morality instilling in these rich kids. I pray Sylvester find justice...I deeply hope

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by buJu234: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
women are weak but not when u touch their loved ones..

especially their kids ( sometimes their man)...

then u will know of a truth women are not really weak..

I think with all these current youth vices; one should think very well before sending his/her kids to boarding school in this generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by RosyIsBlessed: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
tranxo:

Is that all the former counselor revealed?

Why did you people not encourage him to continue, so he can reveal more things. Una just let emotions overshadow everything

And your small sense told you this is all that was discussed in an organised zoom meeting? Even the ending of this video clearly shows the meeting was ongoing, or your small sense didn't observe that?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parents Of Dowen Students On A Zoom Call: Mother Flares up, Ex-Counselor Admits by Ooye12: 2:31pm On Dec 07, 2021
Las las Na hotel they go use that building for stupi** management… so sad embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Items Banned In Ajayi Crowther University Students’ Hostels / ASUU Strike: Results From Universities Chapters Nationwide / 12 New Federal Universities Approved As 2nd Choice By JAMB For 2017 Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.