Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,777 members, 7,959,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? (17701 Views)

Eva Gichuru: Female Pilot Applauded For Landing Plane Safely Despite Bad Weather / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Chiden(f): 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dear @Iwaeda,

I sincerely admire your command of English. I want to be like you when I grow up grin
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Moradeyo95: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

Should police, customs and other agents constitute nuisance to others?
without the heavy presence of security agencies.....you might not be able to travel at all cus of dem bandits and all other criminal elements.....

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Chuksmonika(m): 9:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:
My mind has been going riot; mind boggling events that has made Nigeria a once safe haven; to very unsafe and hostile to live or transverse.

Few years ago I can travel any time of the day, but now this has become a torturous adventures.

Now you don't only fear armed robbers; police has made travelling herculean with all manners of road blocks in order to extort, harass and even rob you of your belongings.
Now police will want to search your phones, see all your transactions, woe betide you if foreign transactions are found in your alerts.
I don't know why it is a crime to drive good car and owns good phones.

Not just that, Custom will lay Siege telling you the car that was cleared from Apapa or Tin can was underpayed for. Even though same custom officers release your Container to you. You will be lucky if your car is not impounded by service filled with corruption.

Since there is no transparency in the operation of customs, it is their words against yours.

Furthermore our roads are so unmotorable that you have to change lanes like snake to avoid bad portions.

These has led to accidents that has made many maimed and many families distraught due to loss of bread winners or loved ones.
What has made it worse are rampaging kidnappers in various shades and colours. It is no longer news that Nigeria is under Siege.

This is a personate plea to Federal, State, Local governments, security forces / services and various villages and clans to make this Christmas and New Year celebrations joyful and peaceful for all of us.
enjoy your one indivisible Nigeria, no dey make noise for here make I no nod you.

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by luckingto50: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
RexTramadol1:

It is really personate

Omo ibadan
Queen Elizabeth
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by UnabashedIPOB: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:
My mind has been going riot; mind boggling events that has made Nigeria a once safe haven; to very unsafe and hostile to live or transverse.

Few years ago I can travel any time of the day, but now this has become a torturous adventures.

Now you don't only fear armed robbers; police has made travelling herculean with all manners of road blocks in order to extort, harass and even rob you of your belongings.
Now police will want to search your phones, see all your transactions, woe betide you if foreign transactions are found in your alerts.

Not just that, Custom will lay Siege telling you the car that was cleared from Apapa or Tin can was underpayed for. Even though same custom officers release your Container to you. You will be lucky if your car is not impounded by service filled with corruption.

Since there is no transparency in the operation of customs, it is their words against yours.

Furthermore our roads are so unmotorable that you have to change lanes like snake to avoid bad portions.

These has led to accidents that has made many maimed and many families distraught due to loss of bread winners or loved ones.
What has made it worse are rampaging kidnappers in various shades and colours. It is no longer news that Nigeria is under Siege.

This is a personate plea to Federal, State, Local governments, security forces / services and various villages and clans to make this Christmas and New Year celebrations joyful and peaceful for all of us.

Don't you love your ONE NIGERIA?
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by iwaeda: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
luckingto50:

Queen Elizabeth
Passionate, it was auto type. Thanks anyway idea is needed.

I am Igbomina.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by iwaeda: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
Chiden:
Dear @Iwaeda,

I sincerely admire your command of English. I want to be like you when I grow up grin

Thanks iya. Idea lani lo.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by iwaeda: 9:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
Myer:

How did I know your Igbo?
Must you guys always travel for christmas/new year? Even with this level of insecurity, economic quagmire, cost of living etc?

Anyway I'm only saying this cos Nigeria is a failed state.
Festive seasons are usually a time to spend with family.
Bust make una try reduce am small. Cos Tinz too cost.

Yoruba tokan tokan ni mi angry angry angry
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Bobxin(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2021
Rilwayne001:
Armed robbers are back on the highway. According to the driver that carried me today, they robbed travelers along Ibadan-ilesha expressway last night. If possible, I think we should try avoid night travels too.

The OP is definitely talking about 'day travel's as not safe, talk more of 'Night' that is ruled out already na.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Tundex911: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
My advice, make una just stay where una dey this festive period...

Country HARD cuz those terrorists go need festive cashout o

Oluwa a wa pelu wa

Amin

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Chiden(f): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

Thanks iya. Idea lani lo.

What language do you speak?
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Myer(m): 9:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
HenryDion:

So seeing you loved ones once in 365 days is too big for you? You may come from a dysfunctional family, hence your myopic view

I stay with my family in the same state. Dont have to travel.
You're the ones that abandoned your own retrogressive states for greener pastures in the progressive yoruba and northern states. Hence your sad and unfortunate predicament.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by DonCandido(f): 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2021

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by nathdim: 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
vonaseg:
Wishing everyone safe travels to thier various destinations...

You shall return in one piece....

ultra high capacity Remax 60,000mah energybanks

Fast charging 22.5W, digital display, USB-C, Multiple protection lightning and micro USB fitted wires. Emergency torch light.
2 inputs, 2 outputs

Distributors wanted Nationwide

Number in pic below

It's pay on delivery

Call/WhatsApp:

which number
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Chelsea350(f): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2021
Are you new in Nigeria?
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by iwaeda: 10:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Chiden:

What language do you speak?

Yoruba, Hausa, Nupe, English and basic French grin grin grin
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by phorget(m): 12:03am On Dec 10, 2021
Let's go the "Edo" ways...
Make una come collect winch so una go fit fly safely to una destinations.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Chiden(f): 5:58am On Dec 10, 2021
iwaeda:

Yoruba, Hausa, Nupe, English and basic French grin grin grin

grin
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 10, 2021
Myer:

I stay with my family in the same state. Dont have to travel.
You're the ones that abandoned your own retrogressive states for greener pastures in the progressive yoruba and northern states. Hence your sad and unfortunate predicament.

Not everyone is from a dysfunctional family like you. You will be alright grin
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by hunkydory(m): 7:34am On Dec 10, 2021
iwaeda:

Fear not and put your trust in The Almighty. His name is Jehovah.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by damo2014(m): 7:44am On Dec 10, 2021
It's very simple. Don't go home

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Myer(m): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2021
HenryDion:

Not everyone is from a dysfunctional family like you. You will be alright grin

Dysfunctional family is when you only see your family ones in a year at the risk of getting kidnapped by your own hungry and desperate youths.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2021
Myer:

Dysfunctional family is when you only see your family ones in a year at the risk of getting kidnapped by your own hungry youths.

Dysfunctional family is when seeing your people once a year is a big deal to you. You'll be alright las las tongue
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by KennethEnyi(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2021
Sharon6:
It's not advisable to travel during this yuletide season at all except you're lucky to have booked flight tickets ahead.. If not, please stay where you are. Na who dey alive dey celebrate festive o.

Please check my SIGNATURE.

God bless you for this please tell them o!!!

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by KennethEnyi(m): 10:47am On Dec 11, 2021
Especially Igbo people wether they die or not they no care they must go village for reasons best know to them
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by iwaeda: 12:01pm On Dec 11, 2021
KennethEnyi:
Especially Igbo people wether they die or not they no care they must go village for reasons best know to them

I am not Ibo and I need freedom to move in My own country. Why are you myopic?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extortion Of Nigerians At Seme Border / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm / Lagos To Shut Independence Tunnel For 4 Weeks For Repairs From May 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.