Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? (17555 Views)

Eva Gichuru: Female Pilot Applauded For Landing Plane Safely Despite Bad Weather / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide / Situation Reports On Transport Fares Across The Country This Yuletide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Boyooosa(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Boyooosa(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Na who we go ask?

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by nairavsdollars(f): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
trek

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Shellsploit: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Peace air via Umueri Cargo airport
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by bluefilm: 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:
My mind has been going riot; mind boggling events that has made Nigeria a once safe haven; to very unsafe and hostile to live or transverse.

Few years ago I can travel any time of the day, but now this has become a torturous adventures.

Now you don't only fear armed robbers; police has made travelling herculean with all manners of road blocks in order to extort, harass and even rob you of your belongings.
Now police will want to search your phones, see all your transactions, woe betide you if foreign transactions are found in your alerts.
I don't know why it is a crime to drive good car and owns good phones.

Not just that, Custom will lay Siege telling you the car that was cleared from Apapa or Tin can was underpayed for. Even though same custom officers release your Container to you. You will be lucky if your car is not impounded by service filled with corruption.

Since there is no transparency in the operation of customs, it is their words against yours.

Furthermore our roads are so unmotorable that you have to change lanes like snake to avoid bad portions.

These has led to accidents that has made many maimed and many families distraught due to loss of bread winners or loved ones.
What has made it worse are rampaging kidnappers in various shades and colours. It is no longer news that Nigeria is under Siege.

This is a personate plea to Federal, State, Local governments, security forces / services and various villages and clans to make this Christmas and New Year celebrations joyful and peaceful for all of us.

Must you travel for Christmas? sad

2 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Gentlevip: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
But una supppose celebrate with our uniformed men , afterall its a season of sharing.

Hhhhh abi una stingy so tey una wan report mr.officer to FG

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by realisticwise: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Must you travel home every Christmas? Some years are meant to be spent in your home reflecting on life generally

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Alary: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:
Fear has permeate everywhere.
Are you not home before? According to some of you , LAGOS is no man's land.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by plero(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello,
Join our smart logistics platform, that connect cargo/parcel owners and courier/logistics providers, where you can always request and accept delivery order. No matter the quantity of your cargoes or parcel you will always have a logistics services provider in the group;
http:///30bq6JD

...well delivered
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by DropsMic(m): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:
My mind has been going riot; mind boggling events that has made Nigeria a once safe haven; to very unsafe and hostile to live or transverse.

Few years ago I can travel any time of the day, but now this has become a torturous adventures.

Now you don't only fear armed robbers; police has made travelling herculean with all manners of road blocks in order to extort, harass and even rob you of your belongings.
Now police will want to search your phones, see all your transactions, woe betide you if foreign transactions are found in your alerts.

Not just that, Custom will lay Siege telling you the car that was cleared from Apapa or Tin can was underpayed for. Even though same custom officers release your Container to you. You will be lucky if your car is not impounded by service filled with corruption.

Since there is no transparency in the operation of customs, it is their words against yours.

Furthermore our roads are so unmotorable that you have to change lanes like snake to avoid bad portions.

These has led to accidents that has made many maimed and many families distraught due to loss of bread winners or loved ones.
What has made it worse are rampaging kidnappers in various shades and colours. It is no longer news that Nigeria is under Siege.

This is a personate plea to Federal, State, Local governments, security forces / services and various villages and clans to make this Christmas and New Year celebrations joyful and peaceful for all of us.

We are blacks.. The earlier you understand that no one gives a fvck about us (not even our supposed leaders) the better for you.

It's just the sad reality

2 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Akerele44(m): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
The best way is...just hold money to settle Bandits the same ways u hold money to settle Custom when u go buy goods in other neighbouring countries

3 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by sammirano: 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
This op is lying on Fg. Talk the truth for once in your life. Ipob is stooping you from going home, cause you may be kidnapped. The fear of Ipob is now the begining of wisdom for igbos. Good one
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Theunbothered: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Very simple, you and your loved ones will fear for your lives, some may be kidnapped or killed, until you do the right thing.

Electing a clueless president based on ethnic sentiments was not the right thing.

Some of the people wailing the most were very happy to cast their votes for a corpse with nothing to offer.

If you like make the same mistake again.

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Noblewealth(m): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
The rate at which accident occurs this days is saddening..The innocent souls being killed by abortions, accident, bandit, kidnapper's, assassinations,yahoo will never make the country a better place..

Abel's blood makes cane life miserable talk more of thousands of bloods been shed everyday..

Whether you traveling or going within your environment, no where is safe in naija.. we need Goid intervention..

Besides those who are meant to read this piece do not know if nairaland exist or not..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by 27Pushing30: 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

Only Highway armed robbers dey chide security agents lol

Oga we like the road blocks ...
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Johel(m): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

Fear kills,and one can't be careful enough,we can only try be safe..Protection comes from the almighty...Just mind where u go to,time,location,the people u mingle with,how u speak and treat those around you,cos u don't know who's hating...Best thing is spending more time at home with friends and families during festive seasons...No need dey Waka up and down because say u wan flex..
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Caboceer: 7:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
FG don't give a shìt about you bro

If you like translate to another dimension while enroute your village those guys don't fuckìng care

3 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by maiquel: 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
I'm in kano, to even go Abuja fear dey catch me...
That road is now a den of kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Omini247: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
9ja wia we dey
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by tnerro1(m): 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
Better stay where you are this year or keep for for ransom eg NYSC

Village people go cash out for Christmas people this year no be small grin

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Rilwayne001: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2021
Armed robbers are back on the highway. According to the driver that carried me today, they robbed travelers along Ibadan-ilesha expressway last night. If possible, I think we should try avoid night travels too.

2 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by RexTramadol1: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

It is really personate

Omo ibadan
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Myer(m): 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

How did I know your Igbo?
Must you guys always travel for christmas/new year? Even with this level of insecurity, economic quagmire, cost of living etc?

Anyway I'm only saying this cos Nigeria is a failed state.
Festive seasons are usually a time to spend with family.
But make una try reduce am small. Cos Tinz too cost.

2 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by TemmyT002(m): 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
I trust the Federal Government.
They will tell you to pray and be careful.
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by mejai(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Omo!! Na horse riding things o via bush path. At least a week journey from Lagos to onitsha. E fit no reach, e fit reach, maybe e fit paz sef.

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by arantess: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
iwaeda:

Oga, police will not be paid this December on time oo
C caution and apply akonuche...
Pls forget travel and stay where you are
If you no travel this year, next year own dey
The goal is to stay alive first of..

1 Like

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by chukkky(m): 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Omorrr if you are thinking of travelling this season , you are on your own. Government no go reason you,if you are kidnapped. And why are you travelling to go spend money and come back heavily broke?
Reason am oh

2 Likes

Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
Myer:

How did I know your Igbo?
Must you guys always travel for christmas/new year? Even with this level of insecurity, economic quagmire, cost of living etc?

Anyway I'm only saying this cos Nigeria is a failed state.
Festive seasons are usually a time to spend with family.
Bust make una try reduce am small. Cos Tinz too cost.

So seeing you loved ones once in 365 days is too big for you? You may come from a dysfunctional family, hence your myopic view
Re: FG, How Do We Get Home Safely During This Yuletide? by bejeria101(m): 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Zombies how market?

Please ask the last cowbender when its safe to travel biko.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 Ways Nigerians Pay For Their Hotel Stay / Truck Crushes NYSC Corps Member To Death In Edo / Lagos Airport Terminal 1building Will Beat Miami’s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.