Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm (17355 Views)

What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) / Ibadan Explosion: Before And After Photos Of A Lucky Survivor / Ariel View Of Ibadan Explosion before and after(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by nlfpmod: 9:45pm On Jan 16
The Oyo State Government is aware of reports of an explosion in Ibadan. Residents are urged to remain calm as security agencies are investigating this to determine the source and cause of the incident
Source: Oyo State Government

4 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by godwinstringed1(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16
Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Obakoolex(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16
Nice one from the Oyo state government for the quick intervention.

People should desist from dishing out fake information on this matter until what really happened is acertained.

God bless Oyo state.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by techycontents(m): 9:46pm On Jan 16
We pray it is just an explosion and we hope no casualties were recorded

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by iCauseTrouble: 9:46pm On Jan 16
angry
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by olisamax(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
I have just received info that the explosion was as a result of the govt or those that they engaged trying to blast some rocks, to create access, to the proposed Baywood Estate.

The quantity of charge used may just have been far in excess of what was required.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Epstein(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
Volcano about to erupt.......remain calm.

. grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Hillarie(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
Having felt the impact firsthand at my hostel in UI, I really hope they come up with a convincing and non-fatal explanation.

Felt more like a tremor anyway.

19 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by success1smyn(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
It is well

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by macolino(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
God abeg oo..We are suffering from man made disaster caused by our government ...I just hope it's not a sign of earthquake with a little magnitude...

1 Like

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Helpfromabove1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
I can imagine the numbers of brown roof that will be blown off
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Shimbo96(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
Them take say nah Ace Mall blast đŸ’¯
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by 1bunne4lif(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
Not needed in Nigeria o. Our problems are too much already
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Nemesis0147(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16
To leave your house and return home safely in this country is a big deal and a miracle but to stay home and still remain safe is a bigger deal these days in this country.
Rip to the dead….
The casualties no small according to the videos on twitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by dawnomike(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16
Awaiting official details
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Gten(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16
This is serious, my prayers is with the people of Oyo.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by sevo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16
Right from the playbook
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by GboyegaD(m): 9:48pm On Jan 16
Hopefully, they will release a more detailed information to keep everyone's mind at rest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Fatbam005: 9:48pm On Jan 16
olisamax:
I have just received info that the explosion was as a result of the govt or those that they engaged trying to blast some rocks, to create access, to the proposed Baywood Estate.

The quantity of charge used may just have been far in excess of what was required.
shut up and let's hear the real cause

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by ATEAMS: 9:49pm On Jan 16
Nawaaoo.....
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by ASHTAROTH: 9:49pm On Jan 16
AchrafHakimi:
Na dried brown roof spread that fire.
Ceramic roofing sheets don't burn fast.
He/she is violating some rules here Seun
Can someone ban this guy?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Kingrshd3: 9:49pm On Jan 16
Y now wey economy dey bite bitterly
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by Anguldi(m): 9:50pm On Jan 16
Sipping ewedu and gbegiritongue
Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by ekeson1245(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16
The explosion was crazy and horrifying indeed. The impact of the explosion was so much that products displayed on my shelf in the shop were falling down. The smoke that followed it was really scary as well.

10 Likes

Re: Oyo Government Reacts To Ibadan Explosion, Urges Residents To Remain Calm by diabeticdeals: 9:51pm On Jan 16
Calm? How?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airports: Where Do Seized Items Go To After Check In ? / Niger Republic Dumps Nigeria, Opts For Ghana, Cotonou Ports / There Are 744 Potholes On 9 Major Roads In Festac - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.