Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Unfair Comparison. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Unfair Comparison. (196 Views)

It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag / “life Is Just Unfair, I’m Tired Of Trying” – Asisat Oshoala (photo) / Ighalo Fires At Solskjaer: You Were Unfair To Me At Man Utd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unfair Comparison. by Rhado: 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
This comparison is unfair, in football playing positions and formation matters a lot. Messi most time plays in more of free role, sometimes he is part of the attack and sometimes he plays as a play maker. This means Messi will always have access to the ball always and Barcelona largely built their team around him. Messi had 16 assist compared to Lewy’s 8, made 2525 accurate passes compared to Lewy’s 715.
Barca did not play a lone striker formation in 2021 but Bayern plays 4-3-2-1 with Lewy as the lone striker. As the final man, as the last man with such formation, who should he make all those passes to and give the assists to?
Messi as a play maker created 118 (big 26 big chances), Lewy created 55 (big8 chances) as a lone striker. Playing as a lone striker is not an easy task, it restricts you to just scoring goals and that’s why Lewy was able to score 5 goals in 9 minutes. Messi deserved the award but Lewy was much more deserving.
I’m an Arsenal and Ronaldo fan, but las las Messi na baba Miles ahead of the Ronaldo and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Unfair Comparison. by caesymore(m): 12:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
Rhado:
This comparison is unfair, in football playing positions and formation matters a lot. Messi most time plays in more of free role, sometimes he is part of the attack and sometimes he plays as a play maker. This means Messi will always have access to the ball always and Barcelona largely built their team around him. Messi had 16 assist compared to Lewy’s 8, made 2525 accurate passes compared to Lewy’s 715.
Barca did not play a lone striker formation in 2021 but Bayern plays 4-3-2-1 with Lewy as the lone striker. As the final man, as the last man with such formation, who should he make all those passes to and give the assists to?
Messi as a play maker created 118 (big 26 big chances), Lewy created 55 (big8 chances) as a lone striker. Playing as a lone striker is not an easy task, it restricts you to just scoring goals and that’s why Lewy was able to score 5 goals in 9 minutes. Messi deserved the award but Lewy was much more deserving.
I’m an Arsenal and Ronaldo fan, but las las Messi na baba Miles ahead of the Ronaldo and the rest.

You dey watch Ball.

(1) (Reply)

Leipzig Vs Manchester City / Today's Matches Odds Of Over 2000 / Today's Matches Odds Of Over 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.