Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,750 members, 7,813,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag (21018 Views)

“life Is Just Unfair, I’m Tired Of Trying” – Asisat Oshoala (photo) / Guardiola Blasts Critics Who Claim It’s Unfair To Award Messi The Ballon D’or / Ighalo Fires At Solskjaer: You Were Unfair To Me At Man Utd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by HonNL: 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
Manchester United winger Jadon Sancho said he had been unfairly made a “scapegoat”.

This was after his manager Erik ten Hag claimed he had been left out of the squad to face Arsenal on Sunday because of poor training performance.

Sancho was a surprise omission for United’s dramatic 3-1 stoppage-time Premier League loss to Arsenal that dropped them to 11th in the table.

“On his performance on training we didn’t select him,” Ten Hag said, when asked about Sancho’s absence from the travelling squad.

“You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line, so in this game he wasn’t selected.”

The 23-year-old Sancho wasted little time in responding in a lengthy post on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.

Please don't believe everything you read! I will not allow people saying things that is completely untrue, I have conducted myself in training very well this week. I believe there are other reasons for this matter that I won't go into, I've been a Scapegoat for a long time which isn't fair!

All l want to do is play football with a smile on my face and contribute to my team. I respect all decisions that are made by the coaching staff, I play with fantastic players and grateful to do so which I know every week is a challenge. I will continue to fight for this badge no matter what!

https://twitter.com/Sanchooo10/status/1698417915429531942?t=lJAhQyb1_2C4J_ny0qoEyw&s=19

SOURCE

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by thesicilian: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
A good manager will not openly blame his players for the failure of the team, in fact most will rather take the blame openly and then in private criticise the team members who were responsible for the defeat.

149 Likes 6 Shares

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
I still can't believe yesterday's loss cry

12 Likes

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by YoungLionken(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
A typical black man always cry foul..

Nobody will say racism because we equally saw how it went with CR7..

Only average people become second choices. When you thrive hard to be the best, even your enemies would need your services...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by sylve11: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
If we are to rate Sancho and Ten Hang by their performances, then Sancho is mile ahead of Ten Hang.

Ten Hang nor be am.

Fernandez is another annoying citizen wearing the United jersey.

All in all, United till I pass on and when reincarnated, I shall, but also be a truer fan of United. cool

27 Likes

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Mogajunior(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
cool
Sancho has struggled with consistent form since joining Man utd so I can see the reason the coach dropped him against Arsenal. But nothing much would have changed if he was featured. Arsenal were out to have all 3 points yesterday.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Wealthoptulent(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
One is needed
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by rajiedreez: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
All of una no serious

1 Like

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Angelfrost(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
As usual, media don twist every...!

Sancho has spoken well, so has his coach.

As a player, it's his responsibility to work hard and fight for his place in that team...

It still remains the Manager's call whether or not he is fit or ready enough to start games.

What I still don't get is why Anthony and Antony are still starting games for Man United...! grin grin grin

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by FalseProphet1(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
I see an underdog lifting this season's preimer league title, I see Manchester City not making top 4 this season.

This I have seen.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Otulented: 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Lol grin, sour lossers
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by handsomeyinka(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Beverlyjean(f): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
As Ronaldo ain't there no more.. that bald head is looking for a new scapegoat

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Vokallond1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
i feel bad for him
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by mooremoney(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
ETH is no just the coach for Man united. How many players will he fight in just 1 year?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by handsomeyinka(m): 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
Emeskhalifa:
I still can't believe yesterday's loss cry

Up gunners

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by TempleHouse: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
Overrated bunch of players that doesn't understand what it means playing for Manchester United.

No player is bigger than Man United.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by OgaTheTop2: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
smiley
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
But true true.. that thing wey Jesus do dalot no good... Person father? grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Solofresh2: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2023
grin Like player like coach
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Kestolove(m): 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
Useless club

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Angelfrost(m): 1:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see an underdog lifting this season's preimer league title, I see Manchester City not making top 4 this season.

This I have seen.

Your false prophecies are really getting out of hand...!

Even falsehood has boundaries!

Man City finish 4th?!! Haba! grin grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Angelfrost(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Climatab:

See story o. So far from the real deal. I tire o

Media and Bloggers will burn this universe down... Leave dem.

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Passionate888: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
grin
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by canaan6(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
This ten Hag shld jst go n act breaking bad season 6 n nt coaching
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by LeeSmart: 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
All this British boys dem no go ever wan get sense, if dem no use u as scapegoat na who dem wan use?
U suppose go join dem migos, justin bieber for music industry make we knw say na there ur calling dey.

3 Likes

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by SmartyPants(m): 1:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
thesicilian:
A good manager will not openly blame his players for the failure of the team, in fact most will rather take the blame openly and then in private criticise the team members who were responsible for the defeat.

He obviously did not blame him for the failure of the team - he was asked why he left him out and he explained why.

Him being left out and the team losing have no correleation.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by Blake755: 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
Omo everything is wrong with man u sef
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by NobleSeed(m): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
grin
Re: It Is Unfair To Make Me The Scapegoat - Sancho Hits Back At Ten Hag by sylve11: 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.

This na real false permutations. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lukaku Scores On His Inter Milan Serie A Debut / Super Eagles Midfielder, Etebo Joins Watford / FA Cup: Manchester United To Face Chelsea, Arsenal Faces Manchester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.