Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,116 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 PM

Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death (25529 Views)

Parents, Doctors' Negligence contributed to Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Coroner / Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by ebukajay184: 5:52pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has reacted to the death of Sylvester Oromoni, a class two student of Dowen College Lagos that was allegedly bullied to death by fellow students, IgbereTV reports.

In a statement shared on his Instagram handle, the governor extended his condolence to the Oromoni family over the unfortunate incident. He mentioned that he has ordered an investigation into the matter.

Read his statement below.

''I commiserate deeply with the family of late Sylvester (Jnr) Oromoni, the 12-year old pupil of Dowen College, Lagos.

As a parent, I share the grief Sylvester's demise has brought upon his parents and the entire household. The incident is not only sad, but disturbing and heartbreaking.

Consequently, I have ordered a comprehensive investigation into the matter. But while that is going on, I would like to give Sylvester's parents and entire citizenry of Lagos, the assurance of my full support at this trying time.

I share their pains and sense of loss. Indeed, words are inadequate to describe my feelings, but I pray that God Almighty will soothe their pains, and grant Sylvester Jnr eternal rest. Amen."
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXL5OcMDQiF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by chatinent: 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
Who ordered the killing at Lekki??

237 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Xscape1993(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2021
Wickedness of men.

7 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Bilabong(m): 6:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
chatinent:
Good question

107 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by inoki247: 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
chatinent:

Lol he don move on from that na Sylvester mata we dey now...

Every week we open a new chapter...

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by festacman(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2021
Anytime a person with STRONG spirit is messed with, 'revolution' follows. Sylvester, I salute you. Rest in peace.

125 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Shetemi12(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2021
chatinent:

Please have sense or show you can have sense when dealing with something sensitive like this.. at least you are not as daft as i thought you are.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by NwaNimo1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2021

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by money121(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Omniman(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
This Sanwo Olu go just dey do like Bolo sometimes

10 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Charmingrascal(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good morning oo Mr Sanwo Oju

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Mac12(f): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Good evening fam...

Please who knows where I can get a loan of 100k. With the stories online, i don't want to take from loan apps and my bank GTB says I must have worked for 6months and paid by an organisation; but i receive my salary from my employer...

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by paddyDIGITAL(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Na so. After the investigation, white paper will follow.

8 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by KingOdart(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
At least he is acting like he is paying attention to what is happening in the state unlike Buhari, no one no whether he is dead or alive. No reaction to whatever is going on in the country, I don't even think he have an idea

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Agaua(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Great
Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Flier: 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
chatinent:
Your sense is at lekki toll gate,hire Babatunde Fashola to help you to look for it
RIP sly

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Mko123(m): 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
This matter don tie wrapper. I hope it won't end up like END SARS

5 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Ekealterego: 8:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Suddenly, everyone wants to have an opinion in order to enter the limelight.

This issues have existed for long.... poor children dying .. innocent children killed by police and the rest.

No one says anything because there is no clout or headline to go with it. the victims are not children of the rich.

R.I.P Sylvester.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by ChasinGood(m): 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
Na now day dey break for this one.

7 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Digmygold: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
festacman:
Anytime a person with STRONG spirit is messed with, 'revolution' follows. Sylvester, I salute you. Rest in peace.

The way the boy's life ended was too tragic for people not to react strongly like they should.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by xcesspaschal(m): 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
Chemicals.... always reacting

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by HonestFriend: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
OK.. Let the young blood get justice shikena..

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Ololanla: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Reactant

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by parzdor(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Lolsz country that don't have value for human lives

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by visijo(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Oge reactor.. Same pattern like buhari..

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Frank150: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
At least d gov has shown interest in d matter

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by toujurs: 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
chatinent:
Are you minding the fool, Some one that threw a blind eye at peaceful protesters being shot by the military, is coming here to shed crocodile tears

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by jige4topclass(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nigeria Politicians are Reactor.

5 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Governor Sanwo-Olu Reacts To Sylvester Oromoni's Death by kollinz1234(m): 8:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
I was happy when I heard that three (3) of the suspects are in police custody. But what amazes me is that with the whole lots of Yoruba people in that school which has been existing for over 20 years, it is an ijaw that lost his life

There should be an explanation undecided

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayemi Upgrades College Of Education Ikere, Ekiti To University / FUTO ICT Building Is On Fire! (Photos) / Ekiti Government Pays Condolence Visit To Parents Of Slain FUOYE Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.