Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day (831 Views)

P.N Okeke, Ababio, Nelkon, F. Abbott And Modern Biology / Photo- See UNIBEN Student That Use Bottle Cover To Build VC Portrait / Get Pdf Of Medical Textbook From Me At Extremely Cheap Price. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by BillionsChris: 12:58am On Dec 08, 2021
I introduce to you the secret of knowledge champions and first-class students, SPEEDREADING.

Do you know that you can double, triple, quadruple and even quintuple your reading speed and accuracy by simply knowing what I'm about to share with you?

I'm not just pulling strings here, I used this process to read (and understand) 20 chapters of the book of Psalms THIS MORNING, within 20 to 30 minutes, that is, an average of 1 minute per chapter, that is a feat I had never achieved before, not even in the book of Psalms.

I have used this process to read and reread from cover to cover to cover, back and forth, books that I couldn't get myself to finish though I loved their contents but because of their large volume.

Today, I will share with you 5 tips you can start using to increase your reading and learning speed, even as you retain and understand (yeah!)

Tip no 2 is the one I love the most, it's so effective!

Are you ready?

1. NEVER SUBVOCALIZE.

Whenever you read do not say the words you're reading inwardly or even softly. If you can't control it, chew a gum, place your tongue tip on the roof of your mouth, but never subvocalize.

2. USE A PACER.

Your eyes subconsciously goes back and forth when you read and this greatly impedes your reading speed. To avoid this, use your finger, pencil or marker to go through the words you're reading, and force your eyes to follow without moving back for even a mini second.

3. MAIN THEME BEFORE READ.

Before you start reading a book, find out the main ideas shared in the book. Spend 10 to 15 minutes a piece skimming and scanning the pages and underlining the main ideas before you start speed reading the book. Also, see the first and last pages of the book to grasp it's main theme.

4. YOUR INTERESTS IN THE BOOK.

Read the table of contents and find out your areas of interest, then go straight to them.

5. ASK HOW AND WHY.

To understand a book faster without having to slow down your speed, ask questions like, "how will this book help me?" And, "why must I read this book?" Asking this questions before you begin and as you read will make your reading a search for answers, and will therefore increase your understanding and your reading speed.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by BillionsChris: 1:01am On Dec 08, 2021
MORE 6. MARGINALIZE THE SIDES.

Depending on how fast you want to cover book, you can draw a margin on either sides of the page after indenting one word. You will now read from the second word to the second to last word on each line.
Re: How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by BillionsChris: 1:02am On Dec 08, 2021
MORE 7. GO FASTER THAN REASON.

Go faster than you think is possible. Doing this constantly will ultimately speed up your reading, boom, boom, boom until you have quintupled, that is 5xed your reading speed.
Re: How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by BillionsChris: 1:02am On Dec 08, 2021
MORE 8. YOUR MOTIVATION.

Find out your motivation for reading a book. It could be to gain admission into an institution to study your course of choice and have a fulfilling life. When you have motivation, you concentrate more, understand more and read faster.
Re: How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by RealAdewole(m): 6:43am On Dec 08, 2021
There is difference between reading and studying... biology textbook is not something you can read from cover to cover in a week not to talk of 24hours, except you have already studied the book, underlined points and you are just picking up on the points

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by LordIsaac(m): 9:48am On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: How I Was Able To Read My Modern Biology Textbook From Cover To Cover In One Day by JavaScript90: 9:55am On Dec 08, 2021
Ok

(1) (Reply)

What is the largest organ in the body? / Nigerian Man Probed University Ofalberta To Stop Requesting IELTS From Nigerian / ASUU STRIKE: Varsity Unions, FG Renegotiation Committee Sitting Ends Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.