Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,075 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

How Can I Stop This Bad Habit - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Stop This Bad Habit (14192 Views)

One Single Habit That Makes Every Millionaire A Lot Of Money / Why You Should Make Working Hard A Habit / Is SARS This Bad??? See These Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Sanmel(f): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2021
I have worked in several establishment and one common thing colleagues can say about me wherever is that "I get to work late".. I feel bad about this though and I've done my best to stop but it ain't working.
Even when I try to leave home early, something must sha happen that will make me get to work late.
I'm beginning to think it's not ordinary. What should I do?

20 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by OmejeGuy: 9:10am On Dec 08, 2021
Try go to bed early and be up around 5.

Pray and tell yourself San! You must be at work today before 8am!

Do you drive yourself to work and how's the traffic along work route?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Ayo081(m): 2:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
Get someone that can help hasten. Could be mum or dad (best for me).

You don't have to be with them to do this. You could talk to your mum or dad about the issue. For me example, parents are always calling making sure I'm up at 4:15 if need be. They're the best.

Would have suggested you push back the hand of your analaog or digital clock this could help too. If you want it to.

42 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Sanmel(f): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Hmmm.. Thanks for the advice.. But like I said earlier, even when I wake up very early, I still get to work late.. There seem to be a spirit behind it, doesn't look ordinary to me anymore embarassed

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Ayo081(m): 7:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
Sanmel:
Hmmm.. Thanks for the advice.. But like I said earlier, even when I wake up very early, I still get to work late.. There seem to be a spirit behind it, doesn't look ordinary to me anymore embarassed

There's nothing spiritual here, it just an habit. A bad one.

I'm sure you won't be late.

Here's another trick I do use; I observed I wouldn't want to miss a staff bus, then why should I be late to a bible class.

Think of an event you wouldn't want to be late to (like an exam or job interview), treat everyday like an exam day. Then Mae it an habit.

51 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Sanmel(f): 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ayo081:

There's nothing spiritual here, it just an habit. A bad one.

I'm sure you won't be late.

Here's another trick I do use; I observed I wouldn't want to miss a staff bus, then why should I be late to a bible class.

Think of an event you wouldn't want to be late to (like an exam or job interview), treat everyday like an exam day. Then Mae it an habit.
Lol.. Don't even add job interviews, I also get there late.. I'll just give an excuse once they ask me why I'm late.. It's been like that bro.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Ayo081(m): 7:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
Sanmel:
Lol.. Don't even add job interviews, I also get there late.. I'll just give an excuse once they ask me why I'm late.. It's been like that bro.

Ha omo Lmao grin

You will stop it when you want to then lol

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Chokhmah: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2021
Sanmel:
Stop looking for something to blame it on; take responsibility and be punctual.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Kuriosmynd: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Just go and create your own company

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Peace081: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Lazy op

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by obojememe: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
the truth still remains that u are not waking up early enough....

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Impregnable101: 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
I have a colleague like this OP.
Omoya can't just stop being late even if him life depends on it! Omoya fit wake up around 5am, me go wake up around 5:30am, omoya go put hand inside boxer begin play with him penis, me go pray then do press up, omoya go come carry Yoruba bible begin study, me go enter bathroom, omoya go come dey pray, me don come out from bathroom, omoya go begin sing Yoruba songs while still laying on his bed, me go ready go company restaurant go eat, omoya go come put on TV begin watch Emmanuel TV or, TVC news or Yoruba movie, me go return from restaurant, omoya go come finally enter bathroom, me go wear coverall begin go resume early morning safety briefing, omaya go come safety briefing 2minutes to end of meeting! Perpetual late comer!

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by bigdot1759(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.........
Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by DrObum(m): 3:40pm On Dec 10, 2021
Write to your office, tell them to consistently deduct your pay significantly for everyday you show up late.

Before 2 months, you'll be the one opening the door for others.

135 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by seankim(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
1) Alarm clock
2) Get a time management training program
3) Identify and solve the possible problem

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
By Waking up early
Very obvious
Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Golan007: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Making too many excuses and not taking responsibility for your lateness.

Stop procrastinating.

Be organised.

If you need to cook or iron the night before, so be it.

If you find yourself chatting with a friend or significant other, bust it.

Leave 20 minutes earlier than you normally do.

19 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by GboyegaD(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Wake up earlier and be disciplined to leave at the set time you want to leave no matter what.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Unlettered: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Tell them to sack you

Nonsense, when you were hustling for the job you didnt know you cant go early?

This your behaviours is just like that of a drunkard or smoker. You wont stop even when you know its detrimental to your health. But make doctor tell you about how you only have few days to live or quit the nonsense.

Sense go enter you when they put a date for your sacking.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Thinktwicemybro: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
It depends on what is causing your lateness.
Spiritual lateness see a pastor
Hold up, wake up early
Unexplained lateness, poverty will teach you lesson, then you will become punctual, wait till you loose your current job in this buhari era.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by HRtechnique: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Wow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by olola4(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Sorry to say, you may be a SLOW person, despite waking up early still taking longer time to birth and prepare for work, I think you will have to work on the time you spend to prepare for work so that even if you wake up early, you will also leave home early which is the most important.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Timekeeper: 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
My own question is.... How can I go far in life To be successful?
Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Melison(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Check ur daily routine, try to get some rest during the day, eat well go to bed early at least 9pm, then if u wake up late again know say na cele people go conduct deliverance for u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by greatiyk4u(m): 3:41pm On Dec 10, 2021
Since it works for you and hasn't led to any serious sanctions why stop it then?

May be God uses it to control some misfortune that may befall you when u go early

This a sign of unseriousness and gross misconduct that's why most Nigerians leave home by 8.20am and be hoping and praying to get to work by 8am.

You need work in a company with strong policy so as to erase the "not ordinary " folklore

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Mko123(m): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
Shebi you said it's not ordinary. Who are we to tell you what to do.

Contact Baba

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by meobizy(f): 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6884046/nairalanders-wake-up-4-a.m

You’ll find your answer there. That picture on your profile na fancy, abi?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Eduyanex: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
Rarely sleep
Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by elohim24: 3:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
You're not alone, I am a perpetual late comer, I get to work late, I get to church late , I get to all my appointment late... the thing tire me no be small. I have never gotten to work before 10am ... I just can't seems to leave home early. Funny thing is that I can wake up very early and change my mind about going out for the day. I'm also late to airport but because naija airline no dey keep to time I never miss my flight before. Abeg pm me when you find solution

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop This Bad Habit by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2021
Set an alarm clock, do your hair the night before if you can (so you don't waste time in the morning styling it), turn off your phone and sleep early, etc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Addiction To Betting! What Is The Way Out? / Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy / Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.