Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools (13228 Views)

Share Your Experience With Bullying In School / Deny Entry To Students Accused Of Bullying Sylvester Oromoni - NANS To Embassies / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Ayo081(m): 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
KiNg0G:

the bullying on nairaland nko

Yes E-bullying grin
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Yeah, even cyber bullying by Nairalanders needs urgent attention
grin grin grin grin
Breaking bottle and having some broken on your head is part of the fun here
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
I remember back when i resumed jss 1 in Unity school, a guy told me to kneel down during dining with lights off, I was scared and did. I soon found out he was in jss2 and i literally turned tough auto.

Picked fights with senior students, and took cover with other senior students in other hostels.

Seniors were in charge of the school, and politics was the way out.

I remember i was sent bread by a senior and i ate it. Didn't go to the hostel, they looked for me and over 10 seniors beat me with belt.

How did i even survive that school?
Well i peed in a seniors water and my dad came to pick me that day for the holidays, i didn't try to go back to that school sha.
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by ItsGoodToBeGood: 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

grin grin grin grin
Breaking bottle and having some broken on your head is part of the fun here

Lol,,, Thank God we are having a church program and the theme is *Not My Head*

gringringringringringrin
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:

Lol,,, Thank God we are having a church program and the theme is *Not My Head*

gringringringringringrin
You have no choice o cheesy
Like breakfast, è go reach everybody grin
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by ItsGoodToBeGood: 6:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:
You have no choice o cheesy Like breakfast, è go reach everybody grin

Till then wink
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by delpee(f): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
Seun:
If a child is bullied in the sense that I have described e.g. if he is beaten by a senior or asked to kneel down or forced to run errand for seniors, then he can report to school officials. If they don't punish the perpetrator than he can tell his parents. The education ministry should set up an anti-bullying hotline that parents can call. If the education ministry does nothing then they can come to Nairaland and report it, and we will make noise until the perpetrator is suspended. This ban won't totally eliminate bullying but it will reduce it drastically. It will help many students.

It will help many students no doubt. Still, knowing our country, some of the privileged oppressors will still have their way.
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Sleekfingers: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
Seun:
In the wake of the brutal beating of Sylvester Oromoni in the hands of his fellow students, which led to his death, I think we need to advocate for a complete ban on the despicable culture of bullying prevalent in Nigerian primary and secondary schools and boarding houses that contributed to his death.

The Federal Ministry of Education should immediately introduce a regulation banning students in primary or secondary schools (including school prefects) from beating or punishing other students in any way or for any reason, or forcing them to run errands. Students should only be punished or sent on errands by school staff, who are old enough to bear the full legal consequences of their actions.

Parents don't send their kids to school to be used as slaves, and brutally punished by other students. They send them there to be educated. Bullying and being bullied are distractions which should no longer be tolerated in this country. Any student that tries it must face suspension. Any school that permits it should have to pay a hefty fine that is proportional to the school's revenue.

We have been crying about justice for Sylvester Oromoni for many days now, and rightly so, but justice in one case won't stop other incidents from happening. We need to tackle the root cause which is the culture of exploitation and victimization of junior/weaker students by senior/stronger students. Let's quickly ban it at this crucial time when everyone is disgusted by bullying, bullies, and schools that enable them.

Bully can never be erazed in primary and secondary schools......

Is like saying racism will stop.....some race still see other race as inferior or less humans....

Abeg make dem talk another thing

1 Like

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Sleekfingers: 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
ItsGoodToBeGood:
Yeah, even cyber bullying by Nairalanders needs urgent attention

You are absolutely right.....
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by greensandy: 7:51pm On Dec 08, 2021
SportsHD:
They can make a press statement, saying that bullying is not allowed and all but, can it be enforced?

If we are all serious about it, it can and should be enforced.

1 Like

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by salusworth(m): 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Use of English: Wrong
Total Outlaw on Bullying in all ramifications.
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by suffering: 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
This is another story.
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by tobianodino(m): 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
Can bully be banned? ��
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by tobianodino(m): 10:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
greensandy:

If we are all serious about it, it can and should be enforced.

It can't
Bullies are everywhere
Your juniors can bully you
Your seniors can bully you
Maybe assault
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by nurain150(m): 10:59pm On Dec 08, 2021
Seun:
In the wake of the brutal beating of Sylvester Oromoni in the hands of his fellow students, which led to his death, I think we need to advocate for a complete ban on the despicable culture of bullying prevalent in Nigerian primary and secondary schools and boarding houses that contributed to his death.

The Federal Ministry of Education should immediately introduce a regulation banning students in primary or secondary schools (including school prefects) from beating or punishing other students in any way or for any reason, or forcing them to run errands. Students should only be punished or sent on errands by school staff, who are old enough to bear the full legal consequences of their actions.

Parents don't send their kids to school to be used as slaves, and brutally punished by other students. They send them there to be educated. Bullying and being bullied are distractions which should no longer be tolerated in this country. Any student that tries it must face suspension. Any school that permits it should have to pay a hefty fine that is proportional to the school's revenue.

We have been crying about justice for Sylvester Oromoni for many days now, and rightly so, but justice in one case won't stop other incidents from happening. We need to tackle the root cause which is the culture of exploitation and victimization of junior/weaker students by senior/stronger students. Let's quickly ban it at this crucial time when everyone is disgusted by bullying, bullies, and schools that enable them.

Bullying can't stop so far It's from teachers and lecturers
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by meetvic: 6:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Seun:

#breakthechain. Do not pass the Barton of bully just because you were bullied. The next victim may not be as strong as you to survive it. Let it stop with me. Break the chain of passing it on when it is against humanity
Say no to bullying. #breakthechain.

2 Likes

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Lolabam(f): 7:45am On Dec 09, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
There is the enforcement of respect and discipline And there is bullying. They are very different.
There is a very thin line between both
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Seun(m): 8:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
tonquendo4u:
Shey after reporting them, will u be in the same class with the authorities or still the same students?
They will be suspended or expelled. Minor cases could be warned or given some hard labor to do.

1 Like

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by 3RNEST(m): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
What's Total Ban? Didn't u bully during your days in school? OP use the right word biko, Bully in school should be ban totally or control.. undecided
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Seun(m): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
3RNEST:
What's Total Ban? Didn't u bully during your days in school? OP use the right word biko, Bully in school should be ban totally or control.. undecided
I did not. I was always a day student. I was slightly bullied by two of my classmates in JSS. They stole my water every day. smiley

1 Like

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by 3RNEST(m): 4:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
Seun:
I did not, because I was always a day student. I was slightly bullied by two of my classmates in JSS. They stole my water every day.
grin Funny Seun
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by 3RNEST(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Sometimes the things you type ehn? angry ....At times i wonder if.....

Anyway make i no talk angry
He owned Nairaland, I guess u aware and beside he's making sense from his experience back in school days.
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by Icecream4U(m): 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2021
Seun:
I did not, because I was always a day student. I was slightly bullied by two of my classmates in JSS. They stole my water every day.
Why didn't you report them to the authourity?

I think bully in schools would stop if cases are reported to the authourities. No school approves bullying in the first place. How do they ban something they never approve?
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by EdoFirstBorn(m): 7:27am On Dec 19, 2021
Seun:

Seun Merry Christmas,happy holidays..

He member helinues is at it again .. he keeps using multiple accounts to spam create topics around the same boring stupid Biafra topics and comments on them using the helinues account . He was banned some months ago for this and tribalistic comments . What he does creates this stupid tribal tension between him and the ibo readers and derails threads .. his stock In trade is derailing threads all the time with his antics..
Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by helinues: 7:28am On Dec 19, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Seun Merry Christmas,happy holidays..

He member helinues is at it again .. he keeps using multiple accounts to spam create topics around the same boring stupid Biafra topics and comments on them using the helinues account . He was banned some months ago for this and tribalistic comments . What he does creates this stupid tribal tension between him and the ibo readers and derails threads .. his stock In trade is derailing threads all the time with his antics..

Re: Total Ban Of Bullying In Nigerian Schools by EdoFirstBorn(m): 7:29am On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=helinues post=108625818][/quote]

Cc seun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emily Alemika: First Female Professor Of Law From Kogi State / Watch !8+ Video: Daughter To Congo-brazaville's President $ex Tape Leaked / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.