Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,551 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) (42560 Views)

Boy Who Gave A Moving Campaign Speech Loses Election / Osogbo Primary School Pupil Gives Moving Campaign Speech, Contests For Head Boy / Hilarious Relay Race Video As Boy Runs Back To The Start After Getting A Baton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Seequadry(m): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by EraseTheDot: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
If ibos would humble themselves, they can learn a thing or two from the speech of the winner. How he appreciates his colleagues, friends, teachers, parents and head teachers. Building Bridges and extending a hand of friendship is a true quality of a leader, rather than being cocky, antagonistical, destructive and dangerously tribalistic.

- erase the dot

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by ExtremeDot: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
Too bad...
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by blackmantis: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin Nigeria!
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by KingAzari: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
He should head to the tribunal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Akharmony: 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
well i dont trust African election at any level.. . . African man go see integrity but prefers mediocrity instead.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Sheriman(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
Requirements for Leadership is not only about talking talking and talking blowing grammar like our politicians always does without taking any action. Their teachers and students might have seen some exceptional qualities in his competitor which the said student does not possess
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by BABANGBALI: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Erection in Nigeria is not by grammar
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by angelfallz(m): 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
Please Note:

In an election the most eloquent does not necessarily win the election
In an election the best orator does not necessarily win the election.
In an election the best man for the job does not necessarily win the election.

But who are those that are almost guaranteed to always win elections?

The most popular candidate

Elections are basically a popularity contest. You might have the best ideas, the best team behind you, the best voice, the best oratory, the best eloquence...if you are not popular enough, a motor park tout, a drunkard, a mechanic, a comedian who is popular enough would defeat you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Pumpumking: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
drinoayo:
The smart primary school student, Kayode, who wowed many with his campaign speech at a school in Osogbo has suffered defeat, Igbere TV reports.

In an earlier report which had a video of his public speech, the kid presented himself as the right candidate for the head boy position.

Kayode spoke with so much confidence that belied his age as he said that he is ready to be the voice of his peers and listen to their ideas.

The crowd was amazed by his well-crafted words. However, it seemed that was not enough as another candidate got the position.

In an update, a man with the social media handle @dondekojo said that Kayode lost the election.

He went ahead and said:

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1468324017924984835

Another person, @RealOkakah, said he was busy with big grammar while his opponent was busy doing underground work.

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1468535273147580420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4aUb14SN4

The winner, Moyosore's Manifesto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpdbDwakNs

See previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6884174/osogbo-primary-school-pupil-gives

that boy looook gay....see his mouth.he definaltly gay. thats how they start yung & then develop too 419 senator!!!!(no oofeisne) angry
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by kingscare1(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Even at their level, their oga are still doing politics for these pupils

Don't think like that, it's survival of the fittest dear, you don't know the effort of the other candidate.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Ashirioluwa: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nothing new in this because in life you either win or lose
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by GeorgeTheCoder: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
Notice in the video that the boy's schoolmates were not impressed by the campaign - only the parents and teachers. He was preaching to the wrong congregation.

7 Likes

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Isuku01(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
drinoayo:
The smart primary school student, Kayode, who wowed many with his campaign speech at a school in Osogbo has suffered defeat, Igbere TV reports.

In an earlier report which had a video of his public speech, the kid presented himself as the right candidate for the head boy position.

Kayode spoke with so much confidence that belied his age as he said that he is ready to be the voice of his peers and listen to their ideas.

The crowd was amazed by his well-crafted words. However, it seemed that was not enough as another candidate got the position.

In an update, a man with the social media handle @dondekojo said that Kayode lost the election.

He went ahead and said:

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1468324017924984835

Another person, @RealOkakah, said he was busy with big grammar while his opponent was busy doing underground work.

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1468535273147580420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4aUb14SN4

The winner, Moyosore's Manifesto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpdbDwakNs

See previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6884174/osogbo-primary-school-pupil-gives

Na normal Nigeria level.
Who come and win debate no dey win real election.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by LOVEGINO(m): 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nothing dey freak me for naija again.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by AfonjaConehead: 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bloody APC grin
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Agricmoney(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
Its a game of politics, but he did well

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by frankson1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ara21:
Politics in school. When I was in primary and secondary School the school management always appoint headboy and all the prefects by themselves, no champagne or vote. Everything has changed.

They weren't just picking random people but very intelligent and disciplined students.

In my time, at secondary level, we were called out to give a speech though and the best becomes the senior prefect.

I was unopposed during my time and I'd always been a prefect until I finished secondary wink wink
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by zinaunreal(m): 7:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
Robbery. Messi dey there
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by divinitybillz(m): 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
I remember almost getting beaten to stupor when I ran for Hostel Secretary, 100level, in the University, in my manifesto I said I was gonna ban smoking in the "common room" (relaxation room for students). The beating I got after that day realigned and reseted my head. The old boys were like "na you wan stop smoking abi, you wey just write jamb last year, your father (I was on my knees).
Although I won but I had to rearrange my speech in subsequent elections in other to avoid the wrath of " senior men".
grin grin angry Experience is the best teacher.

5 Likes

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Hespee93: 7:35pm On Dec 08, 2021
If it is private school, money has done the needfull.

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Remman(m): 7:37pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mtcheeew! Wtf is this? Come, na everything you go post? Which kind blogger be this. I thought it was an actual election only to discover that it's a terrible joke. Mtcheeew. Take time o.

In fact, i won't waste time to comment on this post sef... The hell?
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by BruncleZuma: 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by adeoba2008(m): 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
Private schools don't like someone that will give then headache.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by SmartyPants(m): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
May i let you in on the workings of the human kind?

The second boy didnt win because of networking or anything like that.

Children are too young ti successfully plan that far ahead.

He won because he is more handsome.

Simple. Though his colleagues may not know it, they are drawn to him because of the evooutionary instincg tonpercoeve good loooking people as superior.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by deeway200(m): 8:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Let us see others performance too before judging
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Mayeldah(m): 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
Na when Dem begin do campaign on top head boy position again?

The only thing that thrives in Nigeria since 1999 is politics.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
halfbloodprince:
Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people. But the people are dumb.

Also reminds me of this great book, which essentially explains why majority of voters will never vote for the right leader in their lifetime. After reading this you’ll know true democracy in a society like a Africa is a pipe dream.

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by DonCandido(f): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
We will not take it!

The winner is an APC sponsored candidate!

How do l know? The winner did not campaign. His sponsors simply bribed the pupils and the teachers.

APC rigged the election once again.

You can't even conduct an election in a private school in peace!

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
This should actually be encouraged in schools across the south west. Great stuff.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by ThatFairGuy: 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
So, does that amount to delivering good governance undecided

No criticism, he cram all what he said which was even written for him
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by teebillz: 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
Has he conceded defeat and called to congratulate the winner? I want to check something. We don't pupils who are like Buhari who was in court to contest all the elections he was soundly defeated in and only accepted the ones he won by rigging mega votes from North West.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Who Graduated As Best Flying Student From The Nigerian Air Force / Here Is The Question A Student Asked His Teacher - See Photo / Samuel Thompson-Mba, UNN Best Graduating Student In The 45th Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.