Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) (42569 Views)

Boy Who Gave A Moving Campaign Speech Loses Election / Osogbo Primary School Pupil Gives Moving Campaign Speech, Contests For Head Boy / Hilarious Relay Race Video As Boy Runs Back To The Start After Getting A Baton (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by opius: 8:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
See you on top guys grin grin grin
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by tnerro1(m): 8:29pm On Dec 08, 2021
Maybe they should have used indirect primaries/ election instead grin
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Rree: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
Really
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
See everyone screaming "politics is local" "politics is local". That is how you will continue to vote rogues into power because politics is local. You will be suffering and be trying to japa to civilised climes but the best leaders will never get into power because of dumb electorate
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2021
This news is sad one mean brilliant don't qualify the winner
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by mrgbenga1: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
FalseProphet1:
The organizers of that election deliberately gave it to the kid with the richest parents so they can rub their palm for a job well done.

This I have seen.

The prophet that always see visions. I hail thee .
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Ekpekus(m): 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lee99:
Lmao no be by big grammar, the boy no do stomach infrastructure for him school mates, the least digestive biscuit and ribena for do am for am. undecided
This cracked me up grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Kirkman: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lee99:
Lmao no be by big grammar, the boy no do stomach infrastructure for him school mates, the least digestive biscuit and ribena for do am for am. undecided
You ehn! I fear who nor fear you..

1 Like

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by GetMeRight: 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ara21:
Politics in school. When I was in primary and secondary School the school management always appoint headboy and all the prefects by themselves, no champagne or vote. Everything has changed.

Strictly based on academic performance for most posts with the exception of posts like game prefect and punctuality prefect
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Agugbadin: 9:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Our politicians should learn sportmanship from this kids, they are just amazing.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by CassieSunshine(f): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
Weldone Champ!
You live to fight another day
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Kay25(m): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
eeyah u forget say no be only sweet words and sensation dem take dey do politics u for do stomach infrastructure by sharing sweets and biscuits dem for vote for u
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Ballack1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 08, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Even in primary school? cheesy cheesy
Yea
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by OnMyBiz: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2021
No be who sabi talk, but na who sabi waka

My signature is for you.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Babastrong(m): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
Politics is a melancholic game of chess.
the number of pawns taking on the chess board is not as important as being checkmating the king, even without killing a pawn.
KAYODE was busy killing his opponent's pawns while MOYOSORE has the ultimate goal ( that of checkmating even without killing a pawn) in his mind.
The grand strategy is ability to kill your enemy without wasting a bullet.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by jaxxy(m): 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2021
halfbloodprince:
Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people. But the people are dumb.

Also reminds me of this great book, which essentially explains why majority of voters will never vote for the right leader in their lifetime. After reading this you’ll know true democracy in a society like Africa is a pipe dream.

Democracy is about the people and if dumb voters want dumb leaders that’s their cup of tea they will enjoy or suffer for their choices and learn or continue to suffer if they refuse to learn. This is also how life generally works.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by KingLarry04: 10:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
angelfallz:
Please Note:

In an election the most eloquent does not necessarily win the election
In an election the best orator does not necessarily win the election.
In an election the best man for the job does not necessarily win the election.

But who are those that are almost guaranteed to always win elections?

The most popular candidate

Elections are basically a popularity contest. You might have the best ideas, the best team behind you, the best voice, the best oratory, the best eloquence...if you are not popular enough, a motor park tout, a drunkard, a mechanic, a comedian who is popular enough would defeat you.
sense

1 Like

Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by ElValiente(m): 4:16am On Dec 09, 2021
halfbloodprince:
Democracy is government of the people, by the people and for the people. But the people are dumb.

Also reminds me of this great book, which essentially explains why majority of voters will never vote for the right leader in their lifetime. After reading this you’ll know true democracy in a society like Africa is a pipe dream.
be pls where can I get this book.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Munzy14(m): 5:17am On Dec 09, 2021
Baba40:
Politics isnt about who sabi talk pass... its local, skimming and networking
Exactly why well educated and learned people don't come closer most times...

Currently we only have just 3 professors occupying a governorship seat out of 36...Big grammar will never take you anywhere in politics..You will end up like Hon Patrick from Edo.. grin

Popularity is the key.

And cabals/caucus..If they annoint you, you must win....University politics made me understand popularity and cabals determine who wears the crown..
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by hectorswag(m): 5:33am On Dec 09, 2021
halfbloodprince:

Interesting, thanks. smiley
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by DatIgalaDude: 5:44am On Dec 09, 2021
Welcome to politics in Nigeria
Your Head teacher and the rest rigged it.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by angelfallz(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2021
Thanks
KingLarry04:
sense
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by vexing(m): 10:49am On Dec 09, 2021
That is my child's school
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by GoldHorse(m): 11:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Very Big lesson for him. I am sure he will the next time (if he learns)
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by joyandfaith: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
See everyone screaming "politics is local" "politics is local". That is how you will continue to vote rogues into power because politics is local. You will be suffering and be trying to japa to civilised climes but the best leaders will never get into power because of dumb electorate

No nation has ever elected best candidate in any election. Election is a sham. We should stop deceiving ourselves. Introducing pupils into practical politics is wrong. British brought prefect system into our educational system. Up till now school boards still select prefects in schools. Nigerians like Introducing wrong things in wrong ways at wrong times.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by BluntCrazeMan: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2021
drinoayo:
The smart primary school student, Kayode, who wowed many with his campaign speech at a school in Osogbo has suffered defeat, Igbere TV reports.

In an earlier report which had a video of his public speech, the kid presented himself as the right candidate for the head boy position.

Kayode spoke with so much confidence that belied his age as he said that he is ready to be the voice of his peers and listen to their ideas.

The crowd was amazed by his well-crafted words. However, it seemed that was not enough as another candidate got the position.

In an update, a man with the social media handle @dondekojo said that Kayode lost the election.

He went ahead and said:

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1468324017924984835

Another person, @RealOkakah, said he was busy with big grammar while his opponent was busy doing underground work.

https://twitter.com/dondekojo/status/1468535273147580420

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj4aUb14SN4

The winner, Moyosore's Manifesto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBpdbDwakNs

See previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6884174/osogbo-primary-school-pupil-gives
Two of them are best friends??
Hahahahahaaaaahahaa..
Just the way it is with the Nigerian Politics..
Best Friends.
Yet, their supporters and fans are worst enemies and even fighting themselves to death.
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Pumpumking: 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2021
Olunmercy56:
Even at their level, their oga are still doing politics for these pupils

You again
anyways i have moiney, U need moiney & i will giv u moiney....so was yor nomba? smiley
Re: Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) by Emu4u2c: 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Mokason288:
God sometimes picks the least qualified for the job

Eg King David

Pastor Righteousness where are you I need you now

I'm actually a living testimony of this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo State University Student Slumps & Dies After Her Project Defence (Photos) / 10 Most Hated Mathematics Topics / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.