Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? (1037 Views)

How Old Were You When You Realized This (see Here) / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / What Have You Lost Interest In Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
i remenber many years ago in 2003, when my father died so sudenly aged 48. i was only 12 and in jss3 at the time.
my father died 15 - 06 - 03, and was buried 15th August same year. i vividly recal how school was not in session at the time so when school resumed and i informed my best friend about his pasing. i remenber his reaction, how he felt so devastated, sheding tears..
then i didnt realy realise what death realy meant, niether did i undastand its implications but i guess my friend did.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by harqinhola(m): 6:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
10 yrs
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
harqinhola:
10 yrs
cry ehya .. So sorry bros
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 08, 2021
Fathers give their families especialy their young kids protection from many harsh realities of life. its not a good thing they exit xo early

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by NovesaTillie(f): 6:46pm On Dec 08, 2021
27 years.
Ever since then life feels like I'm living in a house without a roof.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Stephen0mozzy: 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2021
God bless the memories of our fathers.
God bless the dead.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by ShalewaT: 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2021
25 cry

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Ulunne777(f): 8:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Rip Bobo m .The meekest of men.I still miss you everyday and has got a son who looks exactly like you.

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by MufasaLion: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
My man's still alive and I wish him long life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by MufasaLion: 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2021
harqinhola:
10 yrs

Damn! Sad.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by MufasaLion: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2021
NovesaTillie:
27 years.
Ever since then life feels like I'm living in a house without a roof.

Seems you were close to him before he died, right?
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Hayee(f): 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
5 years cry cry cry

I didn't get to know him much but people's encounter with him is enough abeg be good ooo so that people will not lie on your burial ceremony and be laugh and rejoicing in their various house that you are gone grin grin grin

And bro code is pure scam none of his so called best friends attended his burial they just slyed him angry angry

I have his last diary though cheesy cheesy cheesy
I got to know a little about his life grin
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nekky5(f): 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
It's been two years now I lost my father. Am still havenot come to terms he is no more. I still see him in my dreams. It's sooo difficult to believe I would never see him again. There is no one who would ever be like your father when you loose him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2021
MufasaLion:
My man's still alive and I wish him long life.
Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2021
Ulunne777:
Rip Bobo m .The meekest of men.I still miss you everyday and has got a son who looks exactly like you.
he must have re-incarnated.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Akemim(m): 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
2 years and God has been faithful

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2021
Akemim:
2 years and God has been faithful
God has been faithful bro And wil continue to be faithful to we his children

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by wunmi590(m): 10:20pm On Dec 08, 2021

My dad is still alive, but my wife just lost her dad this past saturday.....

Such a loving man, and very intelligent human being..

May his soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nekky5:
It's been two years now I lost my father. Am still havenot come to terms he is no more. I still see him in my dreams. It's sooo difficult to believe I would never see him again. There is no one who would ever be like your father when you loose him.
yea,absolutely corect. no one can ever replace father. fathers love is xo unique
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by MufasaLion: 12:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Hayee:
5 years cry cry cry

I didn't get to know him much but people's encounter with him is enough abeg be good ooo so that people will not lie on your burial ceremony and be laugh and rejoicing in their various house that you are gone grin grin grin

And bro code is pure scam none of his so called best friends attended his burial they just slyed him angry angry

You lost your father very early. Seems he was a good man from what you wrote. smiley

And no, bro code ain't no scam, just that your father failed to realize he had fake friends before he died.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:58am On Dec 09, 2021
23years

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Dailyparrot: 6:51am On Dec 09, 2021
I lost my father when I was 6 years. I really cannot recall much memories with him so missing him is out of the equation.

I basically grew up knowing my mother and siblings.

My father died in his late 50s. Although, I was small when he died, I understood what death means and my mother wouldn't stop singing it to our ears how life is going to be difficult for us going forward.

Well, as God would have it, we suffered the effect of his demise only for a short while before things started turning around for good for all of us.

When I think through the life expectancy of men, I become afraid. How I will leave my beautiful wife and kids behind and go to the other world.

God help men!

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by NovesaTillie(f): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2021
MufasaLion:

Seems you were close to him before he died, right?

Yeah

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by MufasaLion: 7:00am On Dec 09, 2021
NovesaTillie:

Yeah

Good for you.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 09, 2021
Hayee:
5 years cry cry cry

May his gentle soul continue to rest in peace. Amen.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 09, 2021
NovesaTillie:

Yeah

Normaly most ladies tend to be more emotionaly conected to their father than their moms. while most guyz hav soft spots for their moms more than father. gringrin
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by NovesaTillie(f): 7:56am On Dec 09, 2021
Collinsaik:

Normaly most ladies tend to be more emotionaly conected to their father than their moms. while most guyz hav soft spots for their moms more than father. gringrin

Yes that happens in most cases
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by excell0001: 8:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
omo I miss the man just have to lock up. lost him primary 6 and lost my mom before I could even enter nursery school. I had good memory of my dad.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Foodqueen(f): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
Lucky me. I still av my father.
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by Ogunleti01: 10:41pm On Dec 11, 2021
i could remember vividly the pain and agony he passed through before he yielded up! 2001 i was only 10 yrs. just finished my primary school.I sorely miss my dad!
Re: How Old Were You When You Lost Your Father? by GboyegaD(m): 11:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
I lost him 12years ago and I still miss him dearly. We have our issues a lot if times but, he was a great pillar of support. He would defend me whenever he needed to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abroad Returnee Suddenly Goes Insane On The Streets. Do You Know His Family? / Marriage Or Staying Together? / No Honor For Adulterers, As Man Finds Wife In A Brothel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.