Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,003 members, 7,866,799 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:31 AM

Is Celebrating Christmas A Sin? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Christmas A Sin? (985 Views)

3 African Countries That Stopped Celebrating Christmas / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday / Pastor Arinze Okoli Mmaduabuchi: "Gay Is Not A Sin” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:00am On Jan 04, 2022
Faithworld1:

Seems you are right because my God doesn't force people into doing anything. He loves and cares for all; allowing the rain on both the righteous and unrighteous.
YES!
My God doesn't force anyone too but it's either people choose to OBEY just like His most favorite son {John 8:28} or DISOBEY like people who only honors Him with their lips but their hearts are far removed from Him! Matthew 15:8; Isaiah 29:13
So instead of OBEYING Him they choose to offer sacrifices that displeases Him {1Samuel 15:22} and when His servants warn them they argue thinking God should have put them to death if what they're doing displeases Him! Matthew 5:45 smiley
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas A Sin? by Faithworld1(m): 8:47am On Jan 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

YES!
My God doesn't force anyone too but it's either people choose to OBEY just like His most favorite son {John 8:28} or DISOBEY like people who only honors Him with their lips but their hearts are far removed from Him! Matthew 15:8; Isaiah 29:13
So instead of OBEYING Him they choose to offer sacrifices that displeases Him {1Samuel 15:22} and when His servants warn them they argue thinking God should have put them to death if what they're doing displeases Him! Matthew 5:45 smiley
Well written. This should be a better conclusion without further dispute. Thanks.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas A Sin? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:49am On Jan 04, 2022
Faithworld1:

Well written. This should be a better conclusion without further dispute. Thanks.
Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner". John 5:19

Of course Jesus did many things of his own initiative except questionable things that may lead people into doubting the existence of His father. That's why Jesus will not celebrate what an atheist will use to debunk the existence of God.
Atheists are here asserting there's no God and that everything written was fabricated.
How do i as a believer defend the Bible if i join in celebrating Christmas that has nothing to do with God's word?
Surely most people have become a stumbling block to others who may be interested in the things of God {Matthew 18:6} but are discouraged seeing professed Christians celebrating what is not even found written in God's word! 1Corinthians 8:13

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas A Sin? by Faithworld1(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner". John 5:19

Of course Jesus did many things of his own initiative except questionable things that may lead people into doubting the existence of His father. That's why Jesus will not celebrate what an atheist will use to debunk the existence of God.
Atheists are here asserting there's no God and that everything written was fabricated.
How do i as a believer defend the Bible if i join in celebrating Christmas that has nothing to do with God's word?
Surely most people have become a stumbling block to others who may be interested in the things of God {Matthew 18:6} but are discouraged seeing professed Christians celebrating what is not even found written in God's word! 1Corinthians 8:13

May you have PEACE! smiley
Thank you beloved. I have peace in Christ Jesus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues Is Pure Stupidity / Why Is Juju Either Red Or Black Pieces Of Clothing? / Please Help Me Beg Muslims To Answer My Question Please, I Am Begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.