Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test (18140 Views)

Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals / Pre-employment Medical / Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) Pre-employment Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by TheGift: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2021
AJohnnasa:
You have nothing to worry about because by the time you go for medicals, it would have been more than 6 hours after consumption, so it won't be detected in your system.

6 hours May apply to blood test. But alcohol can still be detected in urine for up to 12-24 hours. Just like in saliva.

But it may still not be a problem as most of those tests are usually to check your overall health and fitness status.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by bunmiakobi1(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2021
This life shaa don't you think what am thinking shaa
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

I am supposed to go for medicals for a bank job. I do not take alcohol at all, but for some reason, I took red wine (12% alcohol content) last night and the test is supposed to take place today.

Please I would like to know if this would affect my chances.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by bunmiakobi1(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2021
This life shaa don't you think what am thinking shaa
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

I am supposed to go for medicals for a bank job. I do not take alcohol at all, but for some reason, I took red wine (12% alcohol content) last night and the test is supposed to take place today.

[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by remitarich(f): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2021
i see village people roaming around................ begin to cast and bind
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

Next time don't allow long throat, temptation, over happiness on something that haven't fully gotten to your hand make you do things you will regret. Taking water, a lot of it can help you out and taken veges (cucumber, carrots etc) will be okay too. Wish you Good luck and don't try this next time.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 09, 2021
Rowlandjude:
Village people strong ooo.
Abi oh,they no be small oh
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by DigitB: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Thanks a lot for this. I made sure to drink a lot of water overnight. I'll be there at 3pm so I hope the garlic still helps.

Garlic will give you serious offensive odour. Don't try it please. Talking from experience. You can take garlic when you're sure you're going to be at home for a long time.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by suffering: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2021
Your village people won. Keep posting applications.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Scholar212(m): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2021
Alcohol is not part of pre-employment test.
Basic test that would be done :Blood group, genotype, Hepatitis B and maybe HIV ( you are suppose to be informed of a HIV test or else it is a null and void and they can be sued for it), TB test in some cases.
Chest Xray, height, weight. That should be all
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Godispeace: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2021
your village people are seriously on your matter
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Ramirezkhay(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ah Eyi Owa Pojuu!

Village people mo yoru funn yin O! shocked

grin grin grin

TheGreatIYANU:
You knew you had medicals, YOU still went and drank red wine... LOTS OF IT!

Is this not village people?
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by yoursidenigga(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Baby girl there is nothing to worry about

What is meant to be is meant to be....
If you will get the job you will get it..remember way back in Nipp electrical project....I was interviewed....and I told the admin and the rest interviewer that I smoke but not cigarette...that i smoke the other one....funny enough when the list of employed came out...my name was among

Alcohol stays in the body for about twenty six hours

So for them to detect it depends on the the type of test they are going to carry out on you..
If they use your saliva....you won't be caught
Urine..........you will be caught
Breath......you won't be caught
And moreover I know of one banker....he is also my azaman...the guy drinks alot of alcohol

Damn Niggar! I am tired of you on this app
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by 27Pushing30: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2021
Kingcalls:

Lol...they dont check that ...u don't hv to worry

The medical check involved wud include ur sugar level, Hiv status , ur weight and height ...they will take ur blood sample ...x-ray , ur organs will be checked... they hv no business with ur alcohol intake

They check for drugs (hard drugs too)
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by codeKart(m): 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

They don't test for alcohol. It's for weed and other, more serious, substances like cocaine, heroin or meth.

You will be fine as long as you didn't take any hard drugs
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by BigBizzy(m): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
Speaking of village people ...
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Saynotoapc(m): 12:34pm On Dec 09, 2021
TheOldGods:
do not eat garlic, I repeat, don't you ever eat garlic unless you want to have body odour that day you will smell so bad, that they may not interview you again

What you don't know.
Eating Garlic in the morning before anything else.
30mins later brush your teeth, Take your breakfast (Heavy meal make sure the food is hot). I bet you, you will have fresh breathe for 12hours.
I'm a living testimony, for the past 6months.

Remember Heavy meal, the meal should be hot.

DigitB read this.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Badonasty(m): 1:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
I don’t think it matters...as far as you don’t drink during working hours....even for uk dem dey get beer break
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by countryman13: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Girltee1:
Hi, everyone.

Why are u worried now? After all, alcohol is not a contraband in naija. If truly U re fit for d job, am sure u ll b properly guided concerning d rules n regulations as obtainable. Drink n smoke responsibly n ve a nice time. All da best
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Hassanmaye(m): 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Baby girl there is nothing to worry about

What is meant to be is meant to be....
If you will get the job you will get it..remember way back in Nipp electrical project....I was interviewed....and I told the admin and the rest interviewer that I smoke but not cigarette...that i smoke the other one....funny enough when the list of employed came out...my name was among

Alcohol stays in the body for about twenty six hours

So for them to detect it depends on the the type of test they are going to carry out on you..
If they use your saliva....you won't be caught
Urine..........you will be caught
Breath......you won't be caught
And moreover I know of one banker....he is also my azaman...the guy drinks alot of alcohol

Damn niggar
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by fatymore(f): 3:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I'd patronise you soon, ok?
ok sir
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by litaninja(m): 3:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
No one is interested in your alcohol intake.
Re: Alcohol A Night Before A Pre-employment Medical Test by Bosch92: 11:04am On Dec 10, 2021
[quote author=Girltee1 post=108336121]Hi, everyone.

Please I would like to know if this would affect my chances.[You are a dumb Bleep for drinking a night before. Come here asking foolish questions. GET THE Bleep OUT ODE!!!!!]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Job Should I Pick? / Grant Thornton Test Invite / Vacancies At University Of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.