Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,950 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Should I Accept This Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept This Job Offer? (15195 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 2:31am On Dec 09, 2021
Got an offer to work as a Business Development Officer in a real estate firm. Basic salary plus 10% commission.

Kindly share your experience working as a business development officer. Thanks you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Bakarehabib02(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
FTC for the first time
Shoutout to everyone
Who is going to credit me ? since everyone that made FTC says they always send them funds grin

6 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by BruncleZuma: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
grin grin grin grin

You wan enter one chance...I bet the basic salary can't survive you plus transportation in a month.

[img]https://c./I3COdv9tKc8AAAAC/what-question.gif[/img]

That being said Op, you haven't provided enough information such as your commute distance, monthly spending on food, entertainment and savings, charitable donations (urgent 2k inclusive), internet and communication spending etc.

How we wan take help you?

Which reminds me, Lagos is about or has already enacted monthly rentals...so no forget to add am to your calculations.

28 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by MarveworldG: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
The position is a high tasking office.
A wise man in Nigeria(knowing that there are no jobs) would pick up the job without asking questions.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Ofuloju1(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
What are you waiting for?
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by pocohantas(f): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:
Got an offer to work as a Business Development Officer in a real estate firm. Basic salary plus 10% commission.

Kindly share your experience working as a business development officer. Thanks you.

Marketing, forget the fancy name they gave it.

The only business you would develop is trekking all around Lagos or wherever while sucking on N50 fanyogo. You can give it a shot. Maybe you would sell one property for 1b in Ikoyi. Calculate 10% of that. You are home and dry ba?

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by bitrusnathan396(m): 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by VOsimhen144(m): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
It depends on how good you're in marketing, because commission job take alot of patience.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by soundOsonic: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
,,what's the salary
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Scottz: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Update update update!!!!
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by olufunmi01(m): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
Marketing Job loading.....

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by verybadmouth(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:

If you're not interested, please link me up abeg. I am very available.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Caked heels from trekking
Bloodshot eyes from constant anger
Fights with omoniles & gatemen
Arguments with charge & bail lawyers
Sharing formula Juju from rival agents
Mob action from disgruntled clients
Blacker skin from continuous exposure to sun
Missing tooth
Dishriveled coat
Worn out shoes
Be on first name terms with conductors
Varicose veins on your forehead from constant frowning
Waking up in the mornings with a start
Cell time in Police stations
Eventual premature death

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Berankis: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
It depends on your current status and expectations. But considering the prospects in Real estate, I would advice you go for it, learn the trade and the money will come in later.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Fancy words for marketing ,what's your salary?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Youngaboy(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't accept it, give it to someone that needs it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Lisaint(m): 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
Is the salary fixed?

This looks more like marketing and on target jobs

I may be wrong though
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Oyerinde16(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
(BDM) business development officer is a pure marketing job. This is marketing based on commission with small stipend. If you know your way with lots of connect, take the nob, you will be a big boy in no time, if you don't know your way, don't bother, or else you will walk the street begging okada men and orange sellers to buy 30 million naira house, this is what they call, IT IS EASIER FOR A CARMEL TO PASS THROUGH THE EYES OF A ....... u know the rest...

5 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
pocohantas:

The only business you would develop is trekking all around Lagos or wherever. You can give it a shot. Maybe you would sell one property of 1b in Ikoyi.
grin grin grin
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Powersurge: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:

If you have strong shoes and you don't mind fainting on the road, take it.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
verybadmouth:
If you're not interested, please link me up abeg. I am very available.
suffer head
I hail oh grin
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by fatymore(f): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
What's their job description, I hope it isn't the same as marketer? Kindly accept it so you can have enough money to patronise me. Buy some fabrics to slay to work

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by HonestFriend: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
sad
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by ImoleNaija: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Well, there's no harm in giving it a trial if you're idle at the moment. Most marketers that we see around do that to kill idleness.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by kachistone: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
Marketing is not a bad Job OP.

However, I hope the basic salary has a figure attached to it? Some companies will just tell you "basic salary" without attaching any figure to it. It is better you leave it if there is no figure attached to the "basic salary." In addition, will the basic salary be paid even when you do not meet your target?

By the way, the beauty of marketing is the commission you make from any deal you close.

So, look at the offer letter and peruse it very well. Then see if you can abide by the terms in it. The choice is yours.

Cheers!!!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Babatindan: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
Start somewhere

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by HonestFriend: 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
pocohantas:

The only business you would develop is trekking all around Lagos or wherever while sucking on N50 fanyogo. You can give it a shot. Maybe you would sell one property for 1b in Ikoyi. Calculate 10% of that. You are home and dry ba?

Give d guy small hope abeg..

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by verybadmouth(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
Nemesis0147:
suffer head
I hail oh grin
Enjoy head. I hail oohh

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:

Kindly accept it if you don't have anything doing. You have nothing to lose but everything to gain.

Also, I know it's good to learn from experience, but trust me, yours is peculiar to you. Take it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by osuofia2(m): 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2021
Powersurge:

If you have strong shoes and you don't mind fainting on the road, take it.

OP LISTEN TO THIS MAN
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by faithfull18(f): 3:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
It's marketing, you get to learn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Know Before Editing Your CV / Etisalat Retail Advisor - Invite For Online Personality Assessment. / Has Access Bank Been Recruiting For The 2021 Entry Level?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.