Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Should I Accept This Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept This Job Offer? (15209 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by BarrElChapo(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
No don't. Money will fall from the sky
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Kajaard: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Caked heels from trekking
Bloodshot eyes from constant anger
Fights with omoniles & gatemen
Arguments with charge & bail lawyers
Sharing formula
Juju from rival agents
Mob action from disgruntled clients
Blacker skin from continuous exposure to sun
Missing tooth
Dishriveled coat
Worn shoes
Be on first name terms with conductors
Varicose veins on your forehead from constant frowning
Cell time in Police stations
Eventual death

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

You are a mad man cheesy
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Rree: 4:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
No
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Mko123(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bakarehabib02:
Ok
FTC for the first time
Shoutout to everyone
Who is going to credit me ? since everyone that made FTC says they always send them funds grin

Congratulations dear for making the FTC. YOU see this position ehn, you hardly see any Nigerian that doesn't contend for it.
I remain 07048357006, at all if Mtn card fit show
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2021
pocohantas:

Marketing, forget the fancy name they gave it.

The only business you would develop is trekking all around Lagos or wherever while sucking on N50 fanyogo. You can give it a shot. Maybe you would sell one property for 1b in Ikoyi. Calculate 10% of that. You are home and dry ba?

na correct hammer you take knack this concrete nail.

e enter die! grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by anthonyuncle(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
how many people do you know around you that are willing and capable of buying landed properties?

you must be sure that these persons are willing and able.
if not,
I'll leave the rest to our nairaland MOG

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by myfantasies(f): 4:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
I was offered the same job and I rejected it.

It's more like marketing, you will be bringing in new clients for the company and definitely there will be a target.

And the salary is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by ugotaya: 4:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:
Got an offer to work as a Business Development Officer in a real estate firm. Basic salary plus 10% commission.

Kindly share your experience working as a business development officer. Thanks you.

BDO
BSO-Business development services
BMM -Business Motivation Model (BMM)

All these high ranking titles and more are nothing but a marketer. well, if you have nothing in the oven for now you can start for the experience. if you don't make any sales at any giving month or months . your title might drop ooo
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by SimeonOTC(m): 5:16pm On Dec 09, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Sharing formula Juju from rival agents
Missing tooth
Dishriveled coat
Worn out shoes
Waking up in the mornings with a start
Eventual premature death

I don dieeeeeegrin
This guy don kill me oooooohhhgrin
Ahahahahahahahahagrin chaaiiiiiii

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Creampassion777: 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
pocohantas:

The only business you would develop is trekking all around Lagos or wherever while sucking on N50 fanyogo. You can give it a shot. Maybe you would sell one property for 1b in Ikoyi. Calculate 10% of that. You are home and dry ba?
this guy you bad no glimmer of hope at all lol.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Timekeeper: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Missing tooth
Dishriveled coat
Worn out shoes
Eventual premature death

grin grin

I av finally died with this comment gringringrin
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by dotun4luv(m): 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:
Got an offer to work as a Business Development Officer in a real estate firm. Basic salary plus 10% commission.

Kindly share your experience working as a business development officer. Thanks you.

If you are in Ibadan we can offer your a better job with better pay
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by sneedpahpaz(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:

Bro, don't mind all these ignorants thrashing the job. I work with Adron Homes and Properties Ltd, started as a low level marketer but I've risen to a position where I'm using a company car and my average take home is 300k monthly. Commission percentage is 7% here with no basic salary but there are other renumerations based on target. I don't walk around the streets, most of my marketing is done online and through presentations to groups, platforms, companies etc. I'd advise you to make use of your connections I.e your family, friends, old school mates as networking. Adron has alot of estates which is an advantage but I don't know which of the real estate company you intend working for. Remember, Real Estate is a very lucrative field if you have something to sell. Goodluck bro

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by slaypapa: 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Dear op, if u love urself and family pls avoid that shit. It's pure marketing with no salary attach on weekly stipend which u will still transport and feed from. I did same thing and my life went upside down. I left before I Knew I am still a living thing.

It's a job mostly for beautiful women who are willing to sleep with any capable men. Don't say I no warn u
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by jornwhite: 6:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
pocohantas:

all this epistle wen you could have just put up a sign board that says ; if you do not have breast n yansh U-turn on right* undecided

Marketing is not bad, men don't just have the requisite
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2021
pocohantas:

I have always admired you on this forum and that won't change. Thanks for your input. Although I don't understand your last sentence of home and dry. You may want to shed some light pal.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
soundOsonic:
,,what's the salary
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 8:46pm On Dec 09, 2021
youmour:
Fancy words for marketing ,what's your salary?
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2021
kachistone:
Marketing is not a bad Job OP.

However, I hope the basic salary has a figure attached to it? Some companies will just tell you "basic salary" without attaching any figure to it. It is better you leave it if there is no figure attached to the "basic salary." In addition, will the basic salary be paid even when you do not meet your target?

By the way, the beauty of marketing is the commission you make from any deal you close.

So, look at the offer letter and peruse it very well. Then see if you can abide by the terms in it. The choice is yours.

Cheers!!!
this is a very sincere contribution and I appreciate it. The basic salary is 70k. But my fear is also in the question you raised. That is, I am wondering if they will pay it whether I make sales or not. I am wondering whether they will pay it if I meet my targets or not. But the question now is, will the offer letter answer this questions in my heart?
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
HonestFriend:

Give d guy small hope abeg..
I seek sincere answers. I am not compelled to take the job by anyone or by any circumstance. I need sincere pros and cons of the job therefore.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
dotun4luv:

I am ready and able to relocate. What is your offer? Thank you Sir.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by professore(m): 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
sneedpahpaz:

Bro, don't mind all these ignorants thrashing the job. I work with Adron Homes and Properties Ltd, started as a low level marketer but I've risen to a position where I'm using a company car and my average take home is 300k monthly. Commission percentage is 7% here with no basic salary but there are other renumerations based on target. I don't walk around the streets, most of my marketing is done online and through presentations to groups, platforms, companies etc. I'd advise you to make use of your connections I.e your family, friends, old school mates as networking. Adron has alot of estates which is an advantage but I don't know which of the real estate company you intend working for. Remember, Real Estate is a very lucrative field if you have something to sell. Goodluck bro
Thank you brother. Mine is 70k basic salary plus commission as earlier stated. But I won't want to mention the firm here for now (it is too public). May be we can connect on a more private place Sir, and probably collaborate Sir.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by kachistone: 9:26pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:
this is a very sincere contribution and I appreciate it. The basic salary is 70k. But my fear is also in the question you raised. That is, I am wondering if they will pay it whether I make sales or not. I am wondering whether they will pay it if I meet my targets or not. But the question now is, will the offer letter answer this questions in my heart?

The answers you seek should be in the offer letter OP. You can still ask people that work in the company if you have access to any.

Don't forget to pray about it. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Ballack1(m): 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=kachistone post=108352645]Marketing is not a bad Job OP.

However, I hope the basic salary has a figure attached to it? Some companies will just tell you "basic salary" without attaching any figure to it. It is better you leave it if there is no figure attached to the "basic salary." In addition, will the basic salary be paid even when you do not meet your target?

By the way, the beauty of marketing is the commission you make from any deal you close.

So, look at the offer letter and peruse it very well. Then see if you can abide by the terms in it. The choice is yours.

Cheers!!!
Any difference between offer letter and appointment letter ?
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by kachistone: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=Ballack1 post=108361139][/quote]

It is the same thing.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by pocohantas(f): 9:43pm On Dec 09, 2021
professore:
I have always admired you on this forum and that won't change. Thanks for your input. Although I don't understand your last sentence of home and dry. You may want to shed some light pal.

Home and dry: having successfully achieved or being within sight of achieving one's objective.

Thanks for the unflinching admiration.cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=dotun4luv post=108355598]

Oga boss, i am in ibadan incase there is so much offer pls
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=dotun4luv post=108355598]

Oga boss, i am in ibadan incase there is so much offer pls
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by sneedpahpaz(m): 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=professore post=108360823]Thank you brother. Mine is 70k basic salary plus commission as earlier stated. But I won't want to mention the firm here for now (it is too public). May be we can connect on a more private place Sir,
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by Algold: 12:09am On Dec 10, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Missing tooth
Dishriveled coat
Worn out shoes
Eventual premature death

Kukuma kill op grin grin grin
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by dotun4luv(m): 7:23am On Dec 10, 2021
[quote author=Lovalovaphunmz post=108361550][/quote]

We have a content development firm that is recruiting. And there is still an opportunity to join the firm since recruitment is still ongoing.
Re: Should I Accept This Job Offer? by dotun4luv(m): 7:24am On Dec 10, 2021
[quote author=Lovalovaphunmz post=108361465][/quote]

We have a content development firm that is recruiting. And there is still an opportunity to join the firm since recruitment is still ongoing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Common Mistakes When Accepting Offer Letters By Rita Babalola / Ongoing Graduate Trainee Recruitment At PZ Cussons Nigeria(nationwide) / Etisalat Retail Advisor - Invite For Online Personality Assessment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.