Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) (41857 Views)

World’s Largest Crab That Feeds On Birds And Breaks Bones (Pictures) / Inside The World's Largest Particle Accelerator / Big Cobra Killed Near My Construction Site At Abijo GRA, Lekki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by WhizdomXX(m): 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
This is so much like Transformers in movie.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
Explorers:
Komatsu P&H L-2350 Loader.

Weighing 272 tons, the L-2350 wheel loader is a beast of a mining machine.

Its massive shovel is capable of loading 80 tons of material in one pass.

It boasts a 7-metre lift height and 3,5-metre reach and, with a 16-cylinder 65 litre turbocharged engine pumping out 1715 kW, the loader is officially the largest, and one of the most powerful, earth moving machines in operation.

For a better perspective, a fully loaded Dangote cement truck carries 900bags of cement weighing 45tons.

But the shovel of this loader can take 80tons of earth in one scoop.

7 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Mide1data: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
HOLY SHIT
Great Machineries.

All of you complaning, you better 4get complaints and do something that would make Africa get there.

If there's something i have learnt. There is use in complaining, but a lot of gain in trying even if you fail.

If you want Africa to get there, you have to start 4rom your Country, your State, your Community, your House, your Family, Yourself.
Like and Share if you agree.

WHAT DA BLEEP IS HAPPENING

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by seguno2: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
Explorers:
Monster trucks, super dozers and gigantic cranes are eye-popping engineering feats that are found on jobsites all over the world.

Here’s a look at some of the biggest, bulkiest and most powerful mining and construction machines ever made.

https://www.khplant.co.za/blog/article/11-biggest-construction-machines

How many of the machines were designed, manufactured and improved by Nigerians in Nigeria?
Or by Africans in any African country
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by seguno2: 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
Kreamie:
Na to dey steal future generation money we sabi do for here

I like how you used the inclusive pronoun, WE.
Thanks.
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Felabrity:
You can't see this in Nigeria

During the construction of Onitsha - Owerri expressway, Julius Berger deployed some of these machines.

I saw them severally, especially the CAT dump trucks. Only that they may not have thesame payload capacity as the ones in the pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by seguno2: 5:01pm On Dec 10, 2021
Felabrity:
You can't see this in Nigeria

Have we seen free education for all children in quality government schools?
Is that not the foundation for scientific research and manufacturing of the machines
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Shellsploit: 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2021
Mega maçhines shocked
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Akerele44(m): 5:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nigeria govt can go to China like dat...say they wan am fight BOKO HARAM grin... nothing Nigerian govt cannot buy
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Offset217: 5:11pm On Dec 10, 2021
Eh clear
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Skybridge33:
When will Africa get there
Impossible
Not when we have one Righteousness2 per 10 people in Africa who'd rather prepare for rapture than R& D these machines.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Brownshoe: 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Cost of this will buy 10 average luxury cars.
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Seyilome(m): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Forget it, I give kudos to Japan
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by dalass(f): 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
chariisGRACE:
If you can fix any of this when it breaks down... blood money.

Yes oh grin
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by PotatoSalad(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

During the construction of Onitsha - Owerri expressway, Julius Berger deployed some of these machines.

I saw them severally, especially the CAT dump trucks. Only that they may not have thesame payload capacity as the ones in the pictures.
Not even close. Dey lie small small sha

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Donchieli: 5:28pm On Dec 10, 2021
Shey na when Jesus las las blow trumpet we go get there

Explorers:

We can do it, we're not just ready yet.

We will get there someday.

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Testimony1988(m): 5:30pm On Dec 10, 2021
horlahsunbo225:
Science is beautiful
Yes o.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Walatip397(m): 5:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
I like your mindset
cayorday89:
Nothing to say or add but to give my kudos to the brains behind this monstrous monsters that do nothing dangerous but ease the means of doing things in the world of civil engineering.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by airsaylongcome: 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2021
Explorers,
I swear fam, you will go far! Very very far.

The niche you have chosen and your consistent delivery of content around it so so damned commendable. Keep it up bro. And give us enough content this festive season

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Trendingbiz042: 5:35pm On Dec 10, 2021
While the western world is busy developing new technologies and powerful machineries to make life easier and develop our wold, Africa especially Nigeria is concerned about religion. Watch and see how @Richeousness would come to spill nonsense about end time and vanity. He believes the world is coming to an end while the west believes there could be new discoveries to make life better. Funny enough, he is using a good smart phone to type all his rubbish here. Religion is the greatest disaster on African people

5 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by gidson12(m): 5:52pm On Dec 10, 2021
if its not explorer with this post, it cant be no other

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 10, 2021
U can imagine that belaz dump truck carry 10 loaded dangote cement truck which is equivalent to 450tons, engineering

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by azikiweironsi(m): 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2021
Trendingbiz042:
While the western world is busy developing new technologies and powerful machineries to make life easier and develop our wold, Africa especially Nigeria is concerned about religion. Watch and see how @Richeousness would come to spill nonsense about end time and vanity. He believes the world is coming to an end while the west believes there could be new discoveries to make life better. Funny enough, he is using a good smart phone to type all his rubbish here. Religion is the greatest disaster on African people

Honestly you have said it all. Imagine going to church on Monday morning, weekdays church activities how on earth such people thinks of improving the life of humanity. Black man worship God more than the whites that brought it. Isn't it wonderful ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Bigchristo: 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2021
Explorers:
Monster trucks, super dozers and gigantic cranes are eye-popping engineering feats that are found on jobsites all over the world.

Here’s a look at some of the biggest, bulkiest and most powerful mining and construction machines ever made.

Many years of construction I haven’t seen some of these equipments, that Dumper and Pairloader are far bigger than the once I’ve saw in our company

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by luizpippo(m): 6:09pm On Dec 10, 2021
Sheriman:

All outdated mathematics excercises we are still solving in our Nigeria schools that is not related to modern science and technology. Always looking for x and y of which they have seen since 100 years ago.

Brought up same in my post grad class, no one seem to be interested.

Did same in my sec school WhatsApp group, they all stopped responding that night.

I have been angry since i started lecturers because we are dealing with outdated things education wise as it relates to civil engineering.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by seguno2: 6:20pm On Dec 10, 2021
azikiweironsi:

Honestly you have said it all. Imagine going to church on Monday morning, weekdays church activities how on earth such people thinks of improving the life of humanity. Black man worship God more than the whites that brought it. Isn't it wonderful ?

More than the Arabs also
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Mikelarteta(m): 6:23pm On Dec 10, 2021
Explorers:

This is the truck I currently drive, it’s a haul truck 797 super sweet truck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by erico2k2(m): 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2021
Explorers:
Hitachi Zosen Tunnel Boring Machine.

Custom engineered to bore a tunnel under the city of Seattle, the Hitachi Zosen tunnel boring machine is the largest machine of its kind.

With 99 metres long, weighed 6100 tons and cost $80 million to build.

The cutterhead had a 17,5-metre diameter and, due its vast size, the machine was shipped to the USA in sections and assembled onsite.
My G wink we bore day n Night
Re: Amazing Engineering: World's Largest Construction And Excavations Machines(Pics) by Oluf3mi(m): 6:49pm On Dec 10, 2021
All I see are the autobots and the decepticons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian, Aghogho, Builds Mini Aircraft (Picture &video) / US Scientist Becomes Immune To Snake Venom After Allowing Deadly Snakes Bite Him / 4 Nigerian Inventors You Never Knew (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.