Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards (9987 Views)

AFCON: Maduka Okoye Wants Cyriel Dessers To Replace Ighalo / Dennis Wins Watford Player, Goal Of The Month Awards For November / Cyriel Dessers Fires All 5 Goals In Genk Big Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by robosky02(m): 9:39am On Dec 09, 2021
Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards

Cyriel Dessers has won Feyenoord’s Player and Goal of the Month awards for November.

The Eredivisie giants announced this on their official Instagram page on Wednesday.

Dessers was outstanding for Feyenoord last month, netting vital goals for them.

The Nigeria striker, who celebrated his 27th birthday on Wednesday, scored four goals in five games in the month in review.

He scored all the four goals while coming on as a second half substitute.

And the first of his brace in the 2-2 away draw against Slavia Prague in the Europa Conference League, was adjudged the best for last month.

Dessers, who is on loan from Genk, has so far scored eight goals, provided three assists in 22 games in all competitions this season for Feyenoord.

https://www.completesports.com/dessers-wins-feyenoords-november-player-goal-of-the-month-awards/

5 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Maxymilliano(m): 10:23am On Dec 09, 2021
He scored all the four goals while coming on as a second half substitute
He must be a prolific super-sub to have recorded such feats ...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by robosky02(m): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2021
He need a chance in super eagless

Check out his goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZCWnq3b4Wk

5 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by paulolee(m): 2:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
congrats man on your double achievements but why is It that a player from the bench is scoring such goals n winning such awards n maybe still placed on the bench in their next game?
I even saw dt he scored all 5 goals coming on as a sub? meaning d player wey de start ahead of am too good or na delima ronaldo dt cnt be benched to reward dis guy performance??
dis wat patoranking meant wen he said " gimme wetin i desire, if I deserve am, no put me for reserve"
I think d guy is not appreciated enough in dt team..

5 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by paulolee(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2021
robosky02:
all players do need a chance as long as they are performing in their respective clubs..
I do dream of the day dt super eagles call ups would be free of favoritism n bribery so dt each team list announced will surely depend on the current form of the listed players irrespective of dier past glory just like d spainish national team ever changing squad..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by kenzysmith: 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2021
robosky02:
every dick n harry wey score 2 goals una go begin dey campaign 4 national team that y i like england u have to do it consistent before their coach go even invite u for friendly. U see that guy called ambraham if he see world cup make he thank GOD

8 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Rekyz(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
Well deserved. Dude's performance has been top notch lately, even though he's been making comeo appearance from the bench.
Well done and keep making us proud

2 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by robosky02(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
every dick n harry wey score 2 goals una go begin dey campaign 4 national team that y i like england u have to do it consistent before their coach go even invite u for friendly. U see that guy called ambraham if he see world cup make he thank GOD

Ok

2 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Ok
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Nickymichy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
Good one... at least make we hear one good News

1 Like

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by paskal16: 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2021
C
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by verybadmouth(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2021
I hope Man utd or Arsenal signs him soon.
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Castrik: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
tongue
paulolee:
congrats man on your double achievements but why is It that a player from the bench is scoring such goals n winning such awards n maybe still placed on the bench in their next game?
I even saw dt he scored all 5 goals coming on as a sub? meaning d player wey de start ahead of am too good or na delima ronaldo dt cnt be benched to reward dis guy performance??
dis wat patoranking meant wen he said " gimme wetin i desire, if I deserve am, no put me for reserve"
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by femi4: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2021
Rohr should drop ighalo and Musa and focus on these young chaps
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Odoogu(m): 3:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
robosky02:

Sincerel, these kind of players need a chance. Players who are on good playing form, no just about names and top leagues alone. The super eagles squad needs good competition.

3 Likes

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by abobote: 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2021
Goal of the month na news too
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by GodIsBiafran: 3:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
kenzysmith:

And how many titles have England won?

1 Like

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by emmanuelbrown26: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Maxymilliano:
He must be a prolific super-sub to have recorded such feats ...
Remind me of our great Nwankwo Kanu
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by GodIsBiafran: 4:08pm On Dec 09, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Remind me of our great Nwankwo Kanu

Actually he moves and plays like Brazilian Ronaldo.
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by emmanuelbrown26: 4:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
GodIsBiafran:

Actually he moves and plays like Brazilian Ronaldo.
Serious. I never watched the guy play
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by optimusprime2(m): 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2021
paulolee:

Some players perform better and produce significant impacts as substitutes #SuperSubs. Coaches are very aware of this tactical strategy.

An example of that was Pius Ikedia of the older Super Eagles batch of 99/early 2000's. You see, he didn't have the stamina/endurance to sustain his play style for a full 90min match because he was very explosive.

However he performed better when introduced in the last 30mins of a crucial game... by then the opposition are set under pressure and fatigue to handle an explosive element.

He caused the opposition to make more mistakes, commit more fouls, he distorted opposition formations (which is a rule of thumb if you need to score, distort the opposition formation), and he also had dribbling techniques that were time wasting (in a case the super eagles were leading).

Dessers stats also shows he impacts a game more from the bench, because he has played full matches with average performances before.

1 Like

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Bamzyriches451: 4:24pm On Dec 09, 2021
We have talented players no doubt
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by blowjohn(m): 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2021
femi4:
Rohr should drop ighalo and Musa and focus on these young chaps

U mean Rhor that was planning to bring in amokachi, finidi george, taribo west, Austin eguavon and emmanuel amunike frm retirement?
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Alex80s(m): 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
I have watched the guy. He is fast, and has stamina...

1 Like

Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Montaque(m): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
paulolee:

My thoughts too
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by Montaque(m): 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2021
kenzysmith:

It's not a bad ask for Cyril to feature in the SE. What is the quality of players we have currently and their age? Let's give these youngsters their chance
Re: Cyriel Dessers Wins Feyenoord’s November Player, Goal Of The Month Awards by pek(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
Don't know him.

(1) (Reply)

How Team Nigeria Performed At The Paralympics Games / Australia Passes Law To Pay Male And Female Footballers Equal Pay / Lionel Messi Left Out Of Argentina's Squad Ahead Of Upcoming Friendlies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.