Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,407 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? (8963 Views)

Guy With No Car At 26 Irresponsible? Some Girls Still Think Like This In 2016? / Hilarious Conversation Between Lady & Guy That Broke Her Girlfriend's Heart / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
Look where it got GEL. Not bad.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Dsense(m): 1:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
OP.

Hell No!!! . . . .The world has advanced~~~
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by 190: 1:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Is he an aboki ?

See where person mind go grin grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by fxtopedia(m): 1:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
Well, what matter most is PEACE in your relationship.
There are many guys that speak good English but,   lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 14, 2011
cold:

You clearly stated Ukraine.English is not their official language neither is their native language so please don't confuse issues here.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.Ask yourself why hasn't our first lady improved on her grammar with all the money at her feet?
English is the official language of communication in the world so i am not confusing issues here.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by 190: 1:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
tom28:

English is the official language of communication in the world so i am not confusing issues here.

what are u saying!!

That people from ukraine ought to speak english or have english as their 1st language is that wat they are taught from birth

[s]No wonder you still dey 9ja - sit your ignorant backside there - doofus[/s] grin grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by jaybee3(m): 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2011
Seems like you are more worried about other people's opinion of your bf other than yours.
You have not said communication is a challenge between you to.
You can't control how other perceives you and as long as this dude carries himself in a respectable way then surely lingo should be the least of ya problems.
anyhoo, at least you are honest . . . .  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
190:

what are u saying!!

That people from ukraine ought to speak english or have english as their 1st language is that wat they are taught from birth

[s]No wonder you still dey 9ja - sit your ignorant backside there - doofus[/s] grin grin

M0r0n i am in the US and i have come across Germans who even speak better legible english than most nigerians.Is english their mother tongue as well?
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
190:

No wonder i still dey naija? undecided undecided
Lmbao listen mister i have heard about the sorry things that most nigerians do in the UK.Its a fact that 95 percent of nigerians in the UK are into internet scams,male prostituition,gang warfare,,ritual killers etc.Is that something to be proud of?
Ewu!!
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
typo
ritual killing
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by zikclassiq(m): 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2011
Sounds RoManTiC to me. If she's french, spanish, brazillian, why not. English isnt the only language in the world! Besides i wil teach her to speak gud english and she will teach me her own maybe and most prefarably, spanish or french! But if she is a nigerian, wow! that dat is something else. I no want mak ma ppl yab me o! But a foreign girl is lyk a spice u knw! Icing on d cake!
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by beeman80: 1:56pm On Jun 14, 2011
This reminds me of a lady i once dated.I tell you,its not easy but what i can assure is that you can change and help the person in question.You can't have it all.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Thirst4Lif: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
Hi nairalanders, i just met this guy through a friend.He's cute,cool and works in a very nice establishment.My only problem is that his command of the English language is extremely BAD as in a total write-off.He has asked me to be his girl but i dont want to date someone that will turn out to be an embarassment.Guys/Girls what would you do if you were to be in my condition?

If your friends have to find you a boyfriend you must not be too much of a prize either!

But I'm sure if the man were rich you wouldn't give a damn about how well he speaks English!
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by ikoha: 1:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
there is nothing wrong with that, atleast our presido did it and it paid off big time.
or better still come and date me. i have PhD in grammatology.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by badlaw(f): 2:00pm On Jun 14, 2011
grin :oGIRL U BETA HOLD THE GUY VERY VERY TIGHT NOW OR U LOOSE HIM AND BLAME UR SELF.
NO TIME FOR U.I DON TELL U I NO NO U B/4.if i may ask u did people got paid or collect money from bank for speaking good English in Nigeria.
ONCE AGAIN I TELL GO FAST AND GRAB THE MAGA, IS FOR U CORRECT HIM AND MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE WHAT U WANT. remember nothing is complete in life.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by BABE3: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2011
Nah--- There's no point dating someone I'm not comfortable with. But, you can never know. If he makes up for "it" very well in other areas then, I may consideR. It depends sha.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Egbagirl(f): 2:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
Thirst4Lif:

If your friends have to find you a boyfriend you must not be too much of a prize either!

But I'm sure if the man were rich you wouldn't give a damn about how well he speaks English!

Guy abeg, don't misinterpret the poster. She met him through a friend. This does not mean twas a match-making thing. She could have gone to visit her friend and met him there or whatever the case might be. No need to tasi the babe.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by xreal: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
190:

don't make me believe your are this f00lish, pls.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Sagamite(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2011
iice:

Then don't date him.  Find someone who will no be an embarrassment to you.

You are racist. angry
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Ekpoma1: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
Suit ursef poster. If that is one of ur turn off, who are mine 2 think otherwise.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by mukina2: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
Sagamite:

You are racist. angry
last time i checked iice is black . . cool
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by SSaemoenl(m): 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
rubbish!
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by needful: 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
Good english is a background. Besides, i've seen alot of people who speaks very well but cannot put down a sentence in writing. visit offices and u will find out de truth urself. if this guy in question is a graduate and has a good job, i see no reason why u should be battling over common lingua franca. ur time is going ooooooooo, A BIRD IN HAND IS WORTH TWO IN DE BUSH. 2morow now, u will start looking for a miracle dat will help u marry
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by okooyinbo(m): 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
If I were the cute young man and you date me and try to correct me as many are suggesting on this forum. Hmmm, I would in no matter of time eventually "straggle" you. I just hate to be Anglo-African. MY English is poor and I am proud of it.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by okooyinbo(m): 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
tom28:

M0r0n i am in the US and i have come across Germans who even speak better legible english than most nigerians.Is english their mother tongue as well?

Tomtom, I bet you can say that again! I can speak better English than most Nigerians. And my mother tongue is (are) ILAJE and German (now). grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

If I were the cute young man and you date me and try to correct me as many are suggesting on this forum. Hmmm, I would in no matter of time eventually "straggle" you. I just hate to be Anglo-African. MY English is poor and I am proud of it.
You know one way i try to scare off white women when they bother me is by using a very scary african accent with broken english. When they hear my heavy african accent they run off very fast!
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

Tomtom, I bet you can say that again! I can speak better English than most Nigerians. And my mother tongue is (are) ILAJE and German (now). grin
Ok i be don forget say u be black german cheesy
How una dey greet in German sef?
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by okooyinbo(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
You this boy, na so you wikked reach? Ewwwwoooo, so you were not servicing those hungry oyinbo opekes with Johny Bull as the constitution demands? I must report you to her Majesty the Queen with immediate organisimu.
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2011
okooyinbo:

You this boy, na so you wikked reach? Ewwwwoooo, so you were not servicing those hungry oyinbo opekes with Johny Bull as the constitution demands? I must report you to her Majesty the Queen with immediate organisimu.
haha!! cheesy
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by okooyinbo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
tom28:

Ok i be don forget say u be black german cheesy
How una dey greet in German sef?

OK German greetings 101!

Never ever greet a German with "HEIL HITLER". Although there would be some who wont mind. At same time, there would be some who would really really be displeased by a "BLACKMAN" saying that.

Ok now to the pleasant part.

Good morning - Guten Morgen
Good day = Guten Tag
How do you do? - Wie geht's? (Wie geht es Ihnen? - formal)

And in the southern States you can also say:

Gruß Gott - Greet God
Servus (Bavarian)
Ade - bye (Schwabian but from French Adieu)

If you want more we would have to sign a memorandum whereby I will have 50 percent of your ancestral land for agricultural development. I assure you that all your folks will get a mercedes Benz or BMW or AUDI. grin
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by michylabo(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
Definately, She speaks french, Very sexy, She speaks dutch, dat wld be awesome, Ik houdt van u, Ye lippen zijn lekker, Really how does dat sound, Arent u already turned on,
Guysn wat ever she speaks, dnt care, its abt chemistry
Re: Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? by violent(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
Nope, i can't!

For me, speech and seamless communication is primary, looks only come a distant second!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SAFD / Men With Poor Taste In Women: This Is What Beautiful Dark Skin Girls Look Like / URGENT HELP NEEDED!!! This Girl Wan Job Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.