Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis (609 Views)

Pope Francis: Sexual Sins Is Not Most Serious Sin / Sex Outside Marriage, Cheating Not A Serious Sin – Pope Francis / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by ify01: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2021

Pope Francis has said that sex outside of marriage is not the most serious sin.

The leader of the Catholic church said this during a press conference aboard his flight back to Italy from Greece on Monday when he was asked about the resignation of the Archbishop of Paris, Michel Aupetit, who a French magazine claimed had engaged in an intimate relationship with a woman.

In response, the Pope said, "It was a failing on his part, a failing against the sixth commandment, but not a total one. There is sin there but not the worst kind .Sins of the flesh are not the most serious."

Rather, he said that pride and hatred were "the most serious" of sins.

SOURCE

1 Like

Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Righteousness2(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2021
No matter how you try to conceal who you are, it is matter of time, your true self will be revealed.

These are the Last of the Last Moments. The foot soldiers and false Prophet of the antichrist are being revealed!

Watch and Pray that you will not be caught in their web of deceits and Delusion.

If you are engaging in sex outside Marriage, it is not Dating! It is Fornication, and it is a Evil. It will destroy your soul in Hell.

Immorality of any kind is Evil. Fornication, adultery, beastiality, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc. It is Sin and will Destroy your soul in Hell.

4 Likes

Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Mariangeles(f): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2021
End time pope!
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 10:15am On Dec 09, 2021
Lmao but it is truth.

Mariangeles:
End time pope!
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Mariangeles(f): 10:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
Lmao but it is truth.

It is not true.
In religion, sin is sin and should be condemned, no matter the gravity.

2 Likes

Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by KillIgbohoN0W: 10:28am On Dec 09, 2021
[s]
Righteousness2:
No matter how you try to conceal who you are, it is matter of time, your true self will be revealed.

These are the Last of the Last Moments. The foot soldiers and false Prophet of the antichrist are being revealed!

Watch and Pray that you will not be caught in their web of deceits and Delusion.

If you are engaging in sex outside Marriage, it is not Dating! It is Fornication, and it is a Evil. It will destroy your soul in Hell.

Immorality of any kind is Evil. Fornication, adultery, beastiality, homosexuality, lesbianism,etc. It is Sin and will Destroy your soul in Hell.
[/s]

Shut up!
Are you closer to God than the Pope?

1 Like

Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by simabastin: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2021
undecided

I guess a serious sin is when someone gets to die!

I don't like doing the 'what if' questioning!

But 'what if' someone gets stabbed/shot to death, commits suicide after a fallout or dies during the process?
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by sonmvayina(m): 10:36am On Dec 09, 2021
Mariangeles:

It is not true.
In religion, sin is sin and should be condemned, no matter the gravity.

Why should two consenting adults having sex be a sin?

1 Like

Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by sonmvayina(m): 10:38am On Dec 09, 2021
God only gave us the people we should not have sex with in leviticus 18.

As long as the woman does not fall into any of the category. The man is free to shine the Congo....
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Mariangeles(f): 10:40am On Dec 09, 2021
sonmvayina:

Why should two consenting adults having sex be a sin?

Let's say they're Christians; if they're not married, it is a sin.
Christians do it anyways, but it does not mean it should not be condemned.
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by sonmvayina(m): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2021
Mariangeles:

Let's say they're Christians; if they're not married, it is a sin.
Christians do it anyways, but it does not mean it should not be condemned.

It was those who seek to control your life that made it so. Not out creator...

Our creator only gave us the people we should never approach for sex in Leviticus 18...
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
According to God's word, that's the greatest sin of all times!
Under inspiration of God's Holy Spirit Apostle Paul mentioned about 15 works of the flesh and FORNICATION (sex outside marriage) comes first. Galatians 5:19-21
Surely it's what God hate the most! embarassed
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
Lmao but it is truth.
But none of what he said is true so how can aby of it be truth? undecided

Jesus Christ said, " a little yeast leaveneth the whole lump..." and this is a clear example where that teaching applies., don't you think? undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2021
Yeah. Put me in the same hell with Osama bin Laden undecided
Kobojunkie:
But none of what he said is true so how can aby of it be truth? undecided

Jesus Christ said, " a little yeast leaveneth the whole lump..." and this is a clear example where that teaching applies., don't you think? undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
You'd have to contact the Muslim Allah for that, I am afraid, this since the Christian God does not manage that hell.. undecided

As for Truth and sin, the Muslim idea of that is not the same as the Christian understanding of those either so you may want to be aware of this too. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Mariangeles(f): 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:

Eyin gan l’enu. Hehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2021
I am well aware of the concept of sin in Christianity.

This is between me and the pope and I agree with him. You should be interested in understanding the Pope's view undecided

Kobojunkie:
You'd have to contact the Muslim Allah for that, I am afraid, this since the Christian God does not manage that hell.. undecided

As for Truth and sin, the Muslim idea of that is not the same as the Christian understanding of those either so you may want to be aware of this too. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2021
Lmao. Nothing about religion makes sense joor

Mariangeles:

Eyin gan l’enu. Hehehehehehe cheesy
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 7:54pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
I am well aware of the concept of sin in Christianity.

This is between me and the pope and I agree with him. You should be interested in understanding the Pope's view undecided
Your take on the Pope's view is what my comment was about, and as I said, none of what the pope said is true so how can any of it be truth? undecided

Sterope:
And maybe this here is where the problem is, your understanding, or lack, of what Truth is. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Mariangeles(f): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:

It does when you come to your own understanding of it sha.
It helps guide you through life.
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2021
I agree with the Pope. Sins have category.

There is nothing little yeasty about blwing up people or raping children. That is a cupful of yeast! undecided

Kobojunkie:
Your take on the Pope's view is what my comment was about, and as I said, none of what the pope said is true so how can any of it be truth? undecided

And maybe this here is where the problem is, your understanding of what Truth is. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2021
I understand the guidance aspect. Sometimes, I cant wrap my head around some of it.
Mariangeles:

It does when you come to your own understanding of it sha.
It helps guide you through life.
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
I agree with the Pope. Sins have category.

There is nothing little yeasty about blwing up people or raping children. That is a cupful of yeast! undecided
The statement in bold is not true of sin in Christianity though so how can it be connected to truth as far far Christianity? undecided

As for your comment on blowing up people or raping People... I am afraid I don't even know where that is coming from or what direction that is headed. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2021
You can be unbelievable and it is almost cute grin

Kobojunkie:
The statement in bold is not true of sin in Christianity though so how can it be connected to truth as far far Christianity? undecided

As for your comment on blowing up people or raping People... I am afraid I don't even know where that is coming from or what direction that is headed. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 8:07pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
You can be unbelievable and it is almost cute grin
Look, your pope lied to you as none of what he said there has to do with Christ or Christianity - God included. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Sterope(f): 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2021
He is not my Pope and I am not a Christian.

Your biblical reference is not enough to disprove Pope's opinion if I were to go at it with you on behalf of the Pope. In the old testament, punishment differs. Categorising sins isn't the same as encouraging sin.

I know how much you stick to the new testament and they you can't provide direct reference for equating all sins. Your references will be cautions for believers to be the best reflection of God.

This is a weighthy issue so you will need substantial references before you condemn others to same hell as Hitler undecided.

In Islam, all sins are bad. They bring you closer to do more and more until disbelief invades your soul. Yet we have categories of sins.

Kobojunkie:
Look, your pope lied to you as none of what he said there has to do with Christ or Christianity. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Bluewitch(f): 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2021
Mariangeles:
End time pope!

Yen yen
Cos it's not one of your pastors
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2021
Sterope:
1. He is not my Pope and I am not a Christian.

2. Your biblical reference is not enough to disprove Pope's opinion if I were to go at it with you on behalf of the Pope. In the old testament, punishment differs. Categorising sins isn't the same as encouraging sin.

3. I know how much you stick to the new testament and they you can't provide direct reference for equating all sins. Your references will be cautions for believers to be the best reflection of God.

4. This is a weighthy issue so you will need substantial references before you condemn others to same hell as Hitler undecided.

5. In Islam, all sins are bad. They bring you closer to do more and more until disbelief invades your soul. Yet we have categories of sins.
1. Maybe that is what it is then. undecided

2. Jesus Christ is the Christ in Christianity and His teachings and commandments for His followers, ChristIans, is as written of in what you refer to as New testament scriptures, not even the Old testament or any other books out there. And since the Pope pretends to be a follower of Jesus Christ, it follows that the new testament scriptures are all that is needed to disprove his opinion in this or any other issue that has to do with the Christian God. undecided

3. As I indicated earlier, your lack of understanding of sin and the ideas of it as expressed in scripture is a problem in this. undecided

In scripture, sin is not arbitrarily defined. Instead Sin is a direct violation/disobedience of what is God's Law , rules/commandments given by God in His agreement between Himself and men. In the book called the Bible, there are two such prominent Laws

■ The old Covenant Law, YHWH, which was given by God through Moses as agreement between God and those who have the blood of Jacob coursing through their veins - Jews - and this as Law consists of about 613 statutes that define sin in the land of Canaan. undecided

■ The new Covenant Law, Jesus Christ, which was given by God through Jesus Christ, Himself being the embodiment of the agreement between God and individuals - Jews and Gentiles alike -,this Law consisting of about 100 rules/commandments that define sin in the land that is the Kingdom of God. undecided

I am a Gentile and so the reason why my focus is primarily on God's Law as given us through Jesus Christ undecided

4. There is nothing "weighthy" about this issue. Also, the idea of a heaven and a Hell came in to being in the New Testament - no heaven or hell inthe old testament. So, again, Christianity and all issues pertaining to it have to do with Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments which are found written of in the Gospels, not the Old Covenant. undecided

5. Christianity isn't Islam, nor are there similarities between the two as far as sin is concerned. All sins are equal in the eyes of God in Christianity, and as Jesus Christ said, anyone who breaks even the least of the laws is guilty of sin - sin is sin. undecided

I really hope you will, maybe during this holiday season, take out time to read through the books of the Bible so you can actually get a good grasp of the belief apart from the delusions spread by even Popes. undecided
Re: Sex Outside Marriage Is 'not The Most Serious Sin' -pope Francis by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2021
Bluewitch:
Yen yen
Cos it's not one of your pastors
A lie is a lie .. whether told by Pope or pastor...all of them sons of men who God warned you are versed in the art. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Blood Moon Of November And Its Likely Portends / Igbe (juju) Worshipers Endorse Omo Agege, Vow To Build Shrine In Delta Govt. Hou / But Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.